commune ineffiency

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by moonstomper, Jan 15, 2009.

1. moonstomper

moonstomper Member

the problem with the commune scene is that noone really takes it serious. this is because of the "lazy hippies" who claim to be living communally.we all know though they just sit around and smoke dope with their commune failing within a month. these people are actually destroying a very helpful tool in the fight against capitalism. communal living is the total opposit of how were taught how to live. its living practice in the fight against the system. in this sphere we have potential to show people the power of communal living. we should end all silly cult like hippy dippy practices within communes. we need to propagate seriousness within the community. to show the adverage joe hey you dont have to shackled to capitalism,and uncaring anymore. you can live together.these people are doing it why not me. living together is a huge problem for most people. they think of a group setting and think only how it will annoy them. we in this struggle though must show them opposite thus rendering the current system obsolete. it is our duty to further this cause and i see the current scene as a joke. until people stop the nonsense this weapon we have will only further thwart us.

2. Living Corpse

Living Corpse Member

3. moonstomper

moonstomper Member

hippies suck ass in other words, and are ruining an enterprise they have no idea about.

4. Vana

Vana Member

So where is your highly successful commune, you complaining little pissant?

Also, your grammar was atrocious. Maybe you can paragraph things next time. I hate reading rants by those who think of themselves so highly, and can not even respect proper grammar or sentance structure. May Gimli, son of Gloin, strike thee down.

5. Maitereya

Maitereya Member

I was going to rip this thread apart, but im a lazy hippie and need to smoke dope. ;)

6. Bucket Von Harmony

Bucket Von Harmony Member

This is a bunch of mindless drivel.

I live on a hippy commune and we work our butts off.

7. Living Corpse

Living Corpse Member

I guess it can be established that

hippies =/= laziness

alot of white yuppies hire mexicans here in texas to mow their lawns. they are too lazy to do a simple job themselves. i guess yuppies are just a bunch of slackers with office chair jobs.

no hard feelings man, frustration is a bitch. but you only have two eyes, and they can only be in so many places at a time.

8. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

i tend to agree with the OP as a general rule. as with anything there are exceptions but when it comes to your average "hippie" type who wants to start or become part of a commune the general problems that the OP spoke of are prevalent..

9. zihger

zihger Senior Member

A lot of hippies are stupid and don’t have a clue..

A person wants to start a community a normal person would say “oh I need to make an industry to support all of the members.”

A hippie “ yeah man we will be free do cool stuff and it will be so cool we will have drum circles, dancing and like worship mother earth blabala...”

Money? That is evil.. well I guess we need a little we will make candles and really cool glass pipes man.. these glass pipes are so cool everyone will buy one.
    Yeah man.. right on..Then the whole world will fall apart and we will be the only ones that know how to survive because we read these Indian books written by a shaman who lives in New Jersey."

Yeah man it will be great. But it needs to be soon my mom says I need to get a job or move out.

10. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

hehe....guess the real question is what is a hippy
    hahahahaha
    maybe we're all just people....and god knows that humanity as a whole sucks...but individuals surprise the hell out of us and redeem the lemming nature of mankind as seen in this Now'
    broken record....Be True to your higher Self.....this is Not about material gain or easy times...this is about how you work with what you have..
    Grow On,,,,Enjoy & Give Thanks... make it better for your Being here.

Blessings

Namaste

11. moonstomper

moonstomper Member

my main problem with communes is they are automatically associated with hippie nonsense. this is a huge blow to the legitimacy of serious communards. people will only shrugg this movement off if we continue the hippie shit. instead we should get more serious and organized. stop calling every shit house 30 hippies live in a commune. try to appeal to people instead of scratching your own pot head itches. then and only then will the commune become the weapon it should be.

12. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

to stay on the same derogatory message starts to label you as a troll....not tolerated here....
    please share in our positive environment....we get your displeasure....and may I ask what you are doing to make what you speak, manifest ?

13. moonstomper

moonstomper Member

label me a troll if you wish! i will never faulter in my belief that what is known as the "hippie movement" have been hijacked by pop culture. this movement is nothing more than a frat boy party culture so far removed from the 60s movement that its laughable. so having these frat kids degrade the commune movement really just pisses me off and i will never stop fighting against it.

14. zihger

zihger Senior Member

If moonstomper had a commune I don’t think it would be very fun.

15. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

yeah. i think you can embrace hippy ideals and get work done, you can smoke dope and finish making your pottery to sell at the fair. was the hippy movement hijacked? yes and no. it became a pop culture thing, but there are still hippies that embrace the ideals. there are those who dress like hippies, those who are hippies (in the deeper sense) and there are those who do both. i don't call a place where hippies live a commune, every pot smoker is not a hippy, and i don't think this thread is making any reasonable point. the way to change the perception is to embody the change yourself.

unless you live in a fully successful commune, who are you to judge? are you having a hard time finding a commune to accept someone as contrary as you seem to be? i wouldn't want to share a doughnut with you, let alone living quarters. you sound like a power hungry troll.

16. Vana

Vana Member

Yes. You are right. The hippy movement got hijacked by pop culture. You don't think it pisses the real peaceniks off when we see this?

17. hippiehillbilly

yeah,i gotta say im curious as to what commune moonstomper is or was a member of and what Kinda success or failures he has experienced to shape his views..

its no secret on here where my views on it all have came from because i have explained them in great detail over the years..
    now i would think its moonstompers turn to elaborate or STFU!!

18. moonstomper

moonstomper Member

i have been a member of shared living environments since birth. most of these communities have failed. most of the time as ive said its just more or less a flop house situation. in this environment we can smoke weed and sit on the couch all day. whilst things like home repairs,grounds keeping, gardening can wait till tomorrow man. so go put on some phish and keep dreaming that this hippie culture has any real value to true anti capitalist communards. in my projected future i will never associate with such people. in a real communes real work needs to be done. so stick to real people not labeled as such frat boys.

19. Spiritchalist

Spiritchalist Member

Maybe not everyone commune is full of hippies. And maybe not all hippies are lazy pot heads on the couch. I'm a hippy, and i take offence to this.

20. hippiehillbilly

oh if its real work ya want moonstomper come on down.. we can work ya till ya cry 7 days a week.. wanna be around productive people and prove your worth?? have we got the place for you..lol

sadly despite your rhetoric something tells me youd be just like the rest when it comes right down to it..