Common questions

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by Aijin, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Aijin

Aijin Guest

I've decided to come out to my parents and family, and I was wondering what questions they might ask? I've searched all over the place and got a whole lot of "what to ask yourself before coming out" and "what your parents might feel", but I want to be prepared to answer questions they might ask me. What did they ask you?
    Oh, and I'm pansexual + genderqueer by the way.

2. FreeSpirit91

FreeSpirit91 Member

Well, my mother asked me if someone molested me as a child. Which was not the case. They also might ask you if you are sure of what you are, and ask if it is just a phase. This coming from my own experience 6 years ago. But it is anyone's guess as to what they might ask. I wish the best of luck to you.

3. KewlDewd66

KewlDewd66 Member

I never thought that any formal coming-out would have worked for my folks, so I did not go through the motions.

A BF of mine at college did come out to his folks tho. His sister asked him if he was a bottom? He said he almost fainted. To top it all she is an MD... So, I guess, she needed to know:)...

KD