Comments From Uptight People

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Karen_J, May 3, 2013.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Totally Fake, Orison Is A Squirrel, Squirrel's Don't Have Feet, They

Have Paws...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

2. Madesh

Madesh Member

oh...my bad :p

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes, I only have paws.. sorry. but that is a good tat idea.

sure someone could have more color to their tat shoes.. :D

4. the.true.samiam

the.true.samiam Member

Hey, I just want to point out a couple of things.

In Canada it is not called the "Department of Health", it is called the "Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care", or locally it will be called "(Area Name) Public Health". For example my town of Shelburne, Ontario, Canada is covered by Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health. A real order from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care or its local units would never say "By Order of the [presumably American?] Department of Health", so McDonald's is lying to you with that sign cattard. I know you knew that, but that just gives you an argument. They probably bought it from an American sign maker rather than a Canadian one.

My other point is that while it is certainly true here as well as in America that there is no Ministry of Health edict barring barefoot patrons from any establishment, that fact is not easily proven. There are no letters on the SBL website from Canadian Health Units. In Ontario alone, there are 36 of these health units, so it would be quite a job getting letters from them all. I have such a letter from my local WDGPH Unit, but it took me two months of consistent nagging to get any reply (consequently I keep the original in a fire-proof safe with the deed to my house ha-ha, no seriously, and I carry a copy with me at all times). If you want to go this route, be sure that the only contact info you give them is your mailing address. They have a policy of replying to all inquiries from members of the public in a timely fashion, but it doesn't bar them from replying by phone if you are silly enough to give them your phone number. Needless to say, you can't produce a phone call to a store employee when challenging their sign. The title of the person you will want to send your letter to is "Manager, Health Protection". This is the person directly in charge of all your area's health inspectors, so he has the authority and knowledge to forcefully deny the existence of laws and/or regulations regarding barefoot patrons.

5. hillman30

hillman30 Member

ask for any from I'minmyunderwear, which in and of its self is a really bad mental picture.