Comfortably Numb-A History of The Wall-Pink Floyd 1978-1981

Discussion in 'Music Books' started by borntobwild, May 6, 2007.

1. borntobwild

borntobwild Member

Has anyone read the Comfortably Numb book? It's an awsome look at the making of The Wall album and The Wall concerts. It's a great looking coffee table book. Cool dust cover, all color pictures and it's a limited edition. I was blown away by it, couldn't put it down. I had looked for it at Borders and Barnes and Noble, but didn't find it. I had to order it from the publisher (www.pfapublishing.com). If you're a big Pink Floyd fan like me, you'll love this far out book.

2. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it at Half Price Books.

The week The Wall came out on album, I was sick at home alone with the flu, and I was VERY disappointed in the album. Within a few months, it was a favorite.

The movie blew me away on first watch, and is still one of my alltime favorite movies. Waters was supposedly almost violently angry at how it turned out, but in my opinion it was absolutely PERFECT to the last detail.

As the decades passed, I still found myself gleaning little snippets of wisdom and inspiration from it. I guess it was the Sgt. Pepper of the '70s generation, in a sense.

3. lozzyjay

lozzyjay Member

Yes! This is a great book, so much information in it! So detailed! I wish I'd been around to see the wall performed live :(