Combining alcohol and cannabis

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by EricF1976, Jul 10, 2019.

1. EricF1976

EricF1976 Jedi Knight

I have always been told that alcohol and cannabis is not a good mix. It can, according to some sources I have read, can amplify the effects. However I have also read that cannabis can protect from alcohol induced cell damage and maybe even reduce dependence or after effects. I take or have been taking gummies. 10 mg each. I usually take two a day so that's 20 mg total. I do enjoy a beer now and again but now I am thinking I should just stick to the gummies and just drink sofrdrinks, iced tea, coffee, etc. I'm wondering what do you guys think concerning this particular subject? Thanks in advance.

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Back when I used to toke, lots of weed plus lots of booze used to really knock me out! Small to moderate amounts of booze & lots of weed worked well though.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Booze and cannabis over time just starts making me dizzy. Around the 4th beer toking doobies Ill just want to stop drinking cause its not actually happiness buzz ..

Edibles and booze. the edibles cancel out the booze some so the idea to drink more isnt always a happy one the next day..

EricF1976 likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, this. 3-4 beers followed by a small bowl makes for a great pull-me-into-the-couch buzz. 12 beers followed by bong hits is why i puked behind waffle house that one time.

Orison and Meliai like this.
  5. Eric1976

Eric1976 Jedi Knight

From the sources I have read there has been very little research done on the effects of cannabis and alcohol combinations. The cannabis (as well as cbd) can protect one from cell damage caused by drinking. The combination may amplify effects of both. My personal choice is to skip the booze and just take the cannabis.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Weed before beer, in the clear.
    Beer then grass, on yer ass.

7. Eric1976

Eric1976 Jedi Knight

That's clever. Did you just make that up? Makes sense I suppose.

8. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The Freak Brothers had it right...drinking beer and smoking weed is like pissing into the wind.

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'm still curious about how this cannabis tea/coffee works. Can you show me where you learned it from?

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No i never made it up lol. But I've used it ever since I've heard it. But you have to say with certain characterisations you can't just say it, it needs to be laughed at. That's why I only selectively use it, when the mood is right. When it will be funny. :p

11. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If I'm stoned I try to limit myself to one drink, maybe two if it's Friday or Saturday. Getting drunk and stoned at once can make you really goofy and sloppy.

12. Eric1976

Eric1976 Jedi Knight

That's a good point. I suppose one could have a beer on the days they are not going to consume any cannabis....oh who are we kidding? I made a decision and I need to stick with it. Regarding the tea or coffee there are such products. One simple recipe just has you boil ground buds. I do know they make infused coffee but I am uncertain on how they manufacture it. I suppose it would be no different then our favorite "special" brownies, cookies, etc.

13. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Alcohol destroys your impulse control, causing many to keep drinking when, if they were sober, they would tell themselves to stop. Smoking pot does nothing to stop that, unless it makes you pass out. The longer you combine the two, the more often you are tempted to not stop drinking or smoking, until you throw up, pass out, or whatever. Both dehydrate you, while alcohol makes it harder to get rid of your body heat for about 3 days afterwards, making it especially hazardous to drink and work in the sun. Destroying your impulse control, smoking and drinking combined make it easier to be seriously stupid, and do things like drive.

Don't do it, a beer or two might just get you in the mood, but don't go there.

14. wooleeheron

Me too. That's why I don't drink anymore, not to mention, mother nature forbid me and, when she says no that explicitly, you are an idiot not to pay attention. She only demands the minimum from me, that I follow my Rainbow Family who often shun alcohol as a violent drug, and that I never wear leather anywhere on my body, except my feet, because I am a shaman now, and must show respect for all life. My brand new leather belt, literally fell apart on me. I tell people, you know when God or nature is definitely talking to you, and its time to pay more attention.

But, when mother nature speaks plain English, she means business.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  15. wooleeheron

You are only young once, while stupidity is for life. :)

16. wooleeheron

We're all both flaming geniuses and drooling idiots, and me, myself, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

17. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

You would throw up terribly lying on ground. Why would you do such a thing?

Even mixing alcohol with cigarette is bad let alone weed ( if you inhale the smoke deeply).

18. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I've never thrown up from mixing weed & booze....it did used to knock me out if I mixed them heavily though.

19. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

I throw up even mixing alcohol with tobacco.

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Alcohol and cannabis is my go-to combination. Never had any adverse effects except falling asleep.