Colorado Gathering Violence

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by stormountainman, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I was referring to Scout Camp and the first in crew responsible for finding the actual site. What's your altitude there bro? I'm at or about 1 mile here. Are you aware that 42 years ago the very first Rainbow gathering was in your state so the elders of the tribes are somewhat aware of your political battles there and you are due big time congratulations!

2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Thank you Ranger,

I was thinking you were mentioning a sporting mountain camp, not that other kind. The elevation here in town is 5200 to 5800 feet. Up at Storm Mountain it is anywhere from 6400 to 85 or 8800, depending where you are. It's a big place. That's wild country. They are calling it the Poudre Wilderness now. Places like Pennock Pass, Crown Peak, Bald Mountain are up at 10,000 or close to it. Places like Cameron Pass, The Nahku Crags, and Mount Richoffen are way up there. over 13000 feet. The place has a lot of Elk, Deer, Moose, Big Horns, Bears, Lions, turkeys, and somebody said they seen a Big Foot the other day. By the way, I know a Browning Medallion chambered in 300 Win Mag when I see one. The 7 Rem Mag looks a lot like it but the young guys sell them at the pawn shop when they need to buy tires or when their wife makes em do that.

3. stormountainman

OK, I gave it some thinking. I know the Rainbow Gather a few years back was at Big Red Park and Whiskey Park (both about 8200 ft) north of Steamboat Springs. That's a great place for a camp for the gathering. Right where they are now is Red Feather @ 8200 ft. I would recommend the Elk Head Mountains north of Craig Co. You take highway 13 north out of Craig and turn right on road 27 (Saw Mill Creek rd) and just follow it up to the top. It's about 88ft and there is a camp ground if you turn right on Grizzly creek rd. I say that because the forest rangers, the locals, and the sheriff deputies were bitching about all the trash, the poop, and the toilet paper that was left behind at the last site (Whiskey Park). It would be good if the tribes did clean up after themselves. (Pack it in Pack it out)

It's about 40 minutes in a good vehicle to get from Craig to the grizzly Creek camp. There is a bunch of stores and services in Craig. At the camp there is a bunch of primitive places. It's really nice up there. You can get to it from Wyoming if you take I-80 and go south to Baggs. After you get into Colorado you just turn left at the saw mill.

4. Ranger

I forget the make of the one I'm holding in that pic it was my friend the photographer's, but it's a single shot .410 and old. If you want to pick up a good rifle cheap Alaska is the place. The greenhorn "hunters" freak at first snow and sell or hock everything that tied down and run for the lower 48!

5. stormountainman

Thank you for the tip. If I ever get that far north again, I might. My health isn't good enough to hunt anymore. I don't think that I can drag a 1000 lb elk across the valley and back to the road by myself anymore. The cold doesn't bother me that much. I must be getting lazy, or else I'm off saving some damsel in distress who needs a mechanic.

6. Ranger

One nice thing about this state is that a disabled vet may hunt from his vehicle. All he needs then is a strong backed young feller that don't mind lifting and hauling for a cut of the meat.

7. stormountainman

Yes, Colorado is the same way. A disabled man can hunt from an ATV or a truck. I saw that you landed in Prescott. I've been there and Wickenburg, Sedona, etc. I liked Jerome. The last time I was there I saw a bunch of wild pigs near Camp Verde. I didn't mention the last time that there is nice camping near Valacito Reservoir over by Pagosa Springs in Colorado. If I replace my camper I might go next summer.

8. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

yay! where was she? is she ok?

9. TheArtfuldodger

TheArtfuldodger Supporter HipForums Supporter

SO how do you know the attacker was a republican

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Sounds par for the course.

This thread pretty clearly supports that - and falls right in line with the reputation of rainbow family in general.

There's good people everywhere - but there's all sorts of other people - and the rainbow family problem seems to largely be the inability to accept the fact that they live in reality, and by the nature of their events attract a much greater number of miscreants and those specifically coming for the purpose of doing wrong, under the cover of the naivety of all the "rainbow is peace!" guys. Even if they just had a normal cross-section of society (which is obviously far from what they have) it would still be a disaster, when combined with the willful ignorance and naivety.

I've never been - but if I was the type to want to steal a bunch of shit from a bunch of chumps, I'd put on some dirty clothes and muss up my hair and go to a rainbow gathering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.