Colorado Gathering Violence

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by stormountainman, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

So absolutely naive', bigoted, hypocritical, hateful and plain ludicrous, it's not even worthy of a serious reply.

2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Had you pegged for one of them from the git-go. (That's Colorado slang)

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

No it's not... But I'm gonna anyways.

1. This post is so far away from peaceful I have to wonder which orifice of yours it's coming out of. Seriously. Not one drop of peace in there anywhere. Even your "welcome" reeks of threat.

2. With an attitude like this I would never feel welcome at any gathering you were at and I doubt Ranger or Nox would either but I can't speak for them. I mention them because you directed your "welcome" to them by name. This is not because of politics, it's because you are a loose cannon waiting to go off.

3. So... I just disagreed with you. Does this make me a gun wielding Republican in your eyes? If so, blink your eyes several times and wash the salt out of them because you are going blind with hate.

Peace, Out.

1 person likes this.
  4. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

I just love the two of you. Really. Let's set up a separate thread where we can just set up a boxing ring in the middle of a stadium and we can sell tickets on line. The proceeds can go to buying a new server and supporting hipforums financially. Cool idea?

NoxiousGas, I do appreciate you trying to bring it back on to the topic. Thanks.

Storm, you may be right and you may be wrong but you sure are painting everything and everybody with very broad generalities. (All Republican do this and that) There are some who are for others voting. And other things.

Apart from that you also can't paint all hippies as mindless, spaced out, peaceful, vegan, Deadhead, Sufi dancer, back-to-the-land types. Those types of people are not and never were hippies. The original back-in-the-day hippies eat hamburgers and did and thought EVERYTHING. Yes, even self-defense. GUNZ. They were mostly just not into straight society. And they were inventing their own ways to live. Pioneering new directions in life.

5. Scorpio Kenny

It is very sad and very telling of our society that people can't go out into nature and have a peaceful gathering without some guy getting violent. But then again Altamont was a really great free concert until some chick told her long-time old man that she was dumping him and running off to fuck Mick Jagger. So, he followed her and brought a pistol and he tried to kill Jagger and the Hell's Angels jump him and beat him to death. Shit happens in life.
    The authorities drug the few Angels through Superior Count for murder for one year, and they were proved not guilty.

And the straight press and the neigh sayers Labeled it as the "Violent End of the Hippie Movement." After that they Labeled Woodstock as the "Super last great Moment of the Love Generation."

Neither were at all true.

Woodstock sucked in the traffic, the mud, and the rain and The Free Rolling Stones concert totally rocked and tons of people had a great time there.

I point this out to show that no one can make general statements about the Rainbow Gatherings or the people who show up there or who show up in any crowd. Shit happens at Grand Central Station and at football games.

Sometimes very sad things happen.
    Generalizations never help, and are by there very nature Not Completely True.

:peace:

6. stormountainman

Thanks Scorpio, I said good things about Rainbow People when others were cutting them down. This gathering in Colorado is not far from where I live in the next canyon. I was saying they are good people. I know nothing of Sufi dancers. As far as the old days Hippies, I know, I remember, and I lived it. As far as the Republican thing, right here in Colorado they are known as the enemy, because they don't want the Rainbow Family to come here. And these Republicans do plenty generalizing. Peace to you.

7. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

stormontainman for one who designs to call yourself a 'mountain man' you aren't very observant. If you were any kind of mountain folk you would have noticed the prints in the forty years of dust on that thar gun. Am I correct in assuming you've worked few if any scout camps? Do you know Badger? As to your ability to decide what and who are Rainbows by outward appearance I've met more than one long haired fuzzy toed hobbit like grower who was a card carrying KKKlansman.

8. stormountainman

Geez, didn't you read anything? My welcome was not a threat. It said leave your guns at home, because Ranger has a picture of a gun. As far as NG goes, he's been cutting others down like it's going out of style. Now since you were wondering about my orifice, you can stuff it in yours.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Peace....

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

They don't call me Noxious Gas for nuttin' :p
    and what you may construe as "cutting others down" is more often than not simple family squabbles.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt as a new member, but every other person in this dialogue have known each other for a number of years via this forum and I, and I assume the others as well, have a pretty good all around picture of the personalities we are conversing with.
    I gave Sappho a hard time, but we are and have been friends here for quite some time and I hope that continues, I love her artwork.

I feel the same towards the others who have engaged in this convo, regardless of the things communicated in this single instance, overall I consider these folks family and will continue to do so.

All I did was force a look from another perspective. I tend to do that, sometimes I offend in the process, I apologize if that is the case here.

How about in the interest of peace and in respect for the lives hurt by this tragedy we wipe the slate clean and start anew.

Hi, Stormmountainman,
    Welcome to Hip Forums, :seeya:I hope you enjoy your stay.
    We may not always agree, but we can always strive to teach each other.

11. Scorpio Kenny

orifices LOL

You guys might want to GO PRIVATE.
    "Get a Room"

Be that as it may.

I was mainly trying to make the point, also using real examples, that what the press says, or the sheriff says, or what other neigh sayers say is usually the opposite of the actual truth.
    Plus, they weren't even there.

12. Scorpio Kenny

Welcome Storm!
    Really.

BTW. Ranger always brings a rifle here to hipforums in order to defend himself from others here and to keep from being verbally attacked.

LOL

13. KandiEmm

KandiEmm Guest

My friend, Autumn, has been found. She is safe :)

1 person likes this.
  14. stormountainman

OK Dude, no harm done here. I was defending Sappho and the Rainbow Family. I think that I failed to mention that there has been a 25 year battle here where I live in Northern Colorado, where this Rainbow gathering is taking place. That's why I was the first to mention the violence that happened. And the gathering is still going on right now as we type. The battle that I mentioned is between the simple people who wish to live in freedom in these hills and the Republicans who opposed them on ballot issues like the legalization of weed. I'm happy to declare that our side prevailed. Them that did not want people to have fun and gatherings have failed. So I call things as I see them. In the west that is known as being a straight shooter. In this part of the world we need to know where we stand. I also wrote the first thread here so that folks who are going to attend the gathering could be cautious. Peace to you as well.

15. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Glad to hear that! Thanks for getting back to us with the good news.

16. stormountainman

OK brother, I agree with that one. I was around back then. I still listen to Duke Tomatoe and the All Star Frogs. (I think that's how he spelled it) I still love "Roadwork" (Johnny & Edgar Winter & Rick Derringer) I still love Steve Winwood & Traffic I still love John Mayal. I still love John Lee Hooker. I just wish to mention to you that here in Northern Colorado we just had on hell of a struggle to get weed legalized. The Republicans opposed us but we won. We were the first state to legalize it. Now you can just walk into a store and buy it without worrying about getting busted. Being free is a great feeling, dude. That Rainbow Gathering is not far from Fort Collins, at Red Feather Lakes. I only started the first thread so that anyone who wanted to come could be careful. Peace

17. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

That's awesome! Thanks for letting us know :sunny:

QP

18. stormountainman

My handle is Stormountainman because I lived on the flank of that mountain. You can take highway 287 south out of Laramie Wyoming and go west on highway 14 up through Cache Le Poudre Canyon. When you come to where Rattle Snake Jack used to live at Skull Gulch turn south on the Stove Prairie Road. When you come to Buckhorn Canyon turn right. Go about 7 miles and turn left on Storm Mountain Road. You'll need a good strong truck. Don't bring any peanut butter sandwiches or peanut butter crackers, because the bears might bust into your truck. And yes I used to work camps and white water rafting as a guide.

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Best news of the day:2thumbsup:

20. stormountainman

Glad Autumn has been found!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.