Colorado Gathering Violence

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by stormountainman, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Saying a Rainbow Family member is violent is like saying a Jew Eats pork. The description is plumb wrong. Rainbow people believe in peace and doing good positive things for their fellow humans. They are also good to animals and all of nature in general. They care about our Planet. The two guys on here who are bad-mouthing Rainbow Family must be cops, and Republican ones at that. Republicans do not want anyone to have fun or to be free for a few days in a national forest that belongs to all of us in the first place. I am sure NASCAR fans urinate in the parking lots, get drunk and fight in these parking lots, and drive like idiots when leaving the race track grounds. I am sure there are missing persons reports at NASCAR races that so many Republicans favor. And what about Sturgis, South Dakota. That's where thousands of beer guzzling Red-Neck bikers go every summer to get drunk and piss on people's yards and bushes. Many people get hurt there because of violence. And there are plenty of missing person reports after a Hardly Dangerous motorcycle rally at Sturgis. I'd rather seek out the peace loving Rainbow family.

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:rolleyes:
    how utterly and completely childish and naive'

and I am about as far from republican as you can get, I just am realistic and KNOW that any group is going to be comprised of a general cross section of the populace, angels, normals and assholes.
    Don't give a crap what your utopian ideological wishes are, they sure as hell don't jive with reality.

and all the rest is frankly just immature ranting.

p.s. I know some Jews who love pork ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. Starsrainbow

Starsrainbow ~om~

From any 'titles or labels' of people ... are those that do or don't follow politeness or represent themselves in a manner to others.

Many times you will find those who really don't know or care. (some call themselves rainbows) where they are or what they wear ;)

4. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"how utterly and completely childish and naive'" To quote someone who by his own words has never attended a gathering and bases his opinions on hearsay and rumor. I've been to Rainbow gatherings and biker rallies and other equally large gatherings and be it Odd Fellows, Elks or NFL fans and any gathering of thousands has problems. My communal family was one of those at the original councils that planned the first gathering so I have some idea as to that where of I speak. I'll admit it's been a rough road at times however it does bring people and ideas from around the world together.

5. Starsrainbow

Starsrainbow ~om~

Oops.. what I was trying to explain was some folks give others a bad name ... many a fine good 'people' among rainbow I've had the pleasure :)

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I can appreciate that and never said otherwise, just that ALL people claiming Rainbow affiliation are not by default the idealistic peacenics as mountain would have us believe.
    That is why he is naive'.
    I'm not really trying to denigrate the group, just being a little more realistic in it's appraisal.

As well as illustrating that regardless of his or anyone's personal viewpoint, if the communities these events take place in have an overall negative impression, than that should be addressed, don't you agree?

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Oh, and please indicate where I said I never attended any gatherings?

another example of a person who doesn't read what is on the page, but rather reacts emotionally to what they think is being said.

that certainly does seem to be a problem at HF......

8. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Would you kindly point out where you mentioned attending even a regional gathering. I just read back through your postings in this tread and can nly find mention of what you have 'heard' or read. Did I miss something?

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I've been to several gatherings and feel very safe there. There have been occasional incidents of violence, petty theft, and drug use, but the bulk of the gatherers are there for the peace, love and understanding. It's a really diverse body of people, as the name Rainbow would suggest. Hard to generalize about.

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

No, because that is exactly what I stated.

Mixed signals I guess.

I will add that if we simply went by posts here at HF about the Rainbow gatherings, it doesn't always come off in the most favorable light.

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Thanks for responding, Okie. I know you are very level headed and discerning, so I take your input without any salt. ;)

What you relate I'm sure is the most likely the norm.
    and I am also keenly aware that any reports are a little skewed by the mere fact that bad news makes headlines, not good news/events that go off without a hitch.

My point is/was that it is also relevant to consider what folks on the other side of the fence report as their experiences.
    The OP immediately bashed on the newspaper report as if it were completely impossible for anyone affiliated with Rainbow gatherings to cause any problems or negatively impact the local community and that the group was being unfairly demonized.
    That is a very simplistic, immature and overly idealistic defense.

As I stated before, just because someone claims affiliation with a certain group, the Rainbow Family in this instance, does not automatically preclude them from being a selfish, trouble making asshole.
    Is that really that hard to understand and accept?

Remember Charles Manson identified with Hippies.....

I also knew someone who was friends with Jim Jones in the '50's & '60's and said he was one of the most upright persons you could ever meet.
    Christians are supposed to be all about love and peace,same as hippies, and we know how that episode turned out.

So to reiterate, the Rainbow Family is comprised of a myriad of individuals, and in that mix there is going to be your percentage of assholes and trouble makers, regardless of the label they slap on.

for what it's worth, I do agree that the man in custody for this particular incident looks/gives the impression that he was there to start trouble.

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

anywho, sorry if I ruffled any rainbow feathers and my sympathies go out to those injured and my prayers/best wishes go out for Autumn.
    may she be found safe, well fed and happy.:daisy:

13. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

anyone who has any doubts, wonders, or simply wants to know more, should definitely watch We Love You

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

link?

and is it a completely neutral and unbiased presentation, or do I need my salt shaker?

15. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

there's a link over on the Rainbow Gathering forum
    http://vimeo.com/5562245
    i thought it was very good and informative, doubtful of any bias.

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

17. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Alright, now I think that I understand what it is you want us to THINK about the Rainbow Family. I'm glad that you have conceded that some in humanity are good people, namely the Rainbow People. I think they are an absolutely wonderful bunch, and I'm glad they camped eight miles from my place.

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:confused:
    What I want you to think about them.....

whatever....

plus there are a lot of good humans in all of humanity, it isn't just the exclusive pervue of the Rainbow People and thank you for the last remark because it really typifies exactly what I was refereeing to concerning your naive' views/attitudes regarding them.

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

just watched the video you linked, Sappho. Interesting and informative, but certainly not neutral, but that is not unexpected nor is the representation of the Rainbow gatherings presented in an obviously skewed perspective, so it's all good.

I am curious as to what actually provoked the rangers to start pepper shooting people, although their doing that indiscriminately and around children is completely unconscionable and I hope complaints were filed along with the footage of them doing it.

I also imagine that gatherings like in the video, way out in the wilderness, are a little different and have a different impact locally than the event in question in this thread.

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

There is no such thing about any topic...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.