college

Discussion in 'Protest' started by tculi, Jun 11, 2006.

1. tculi

tculi Senior Member

Why in society today is it pretty much expected that you go to college?
    i dont want to go to college, we use the first part of our life preparing for the second part, which is working. i dont want to use my whole life trying to keep up with my bills and working, instead i want to live just to live, and have a damn fun time doing it.

2. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

live the life you want to...just be happy.

some people enjoy learning and want to pursue occupations that take more than a high school diploma. It's expected because most people have goals that can only be fulfilled through a post highschool education.

the most important thing is that you do what you love. If you don't want a college degree, then don't get one.

3. believe

believe Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I second that motion. As long as no one gets hurt, do what you want to do. People who go to college generally make more money and have jobs that are considered to be prestigous. If those things aren't important to you and what you want to do with your life then don't do them. Pressure from family and friends can be stressful, but just remember that you're the only one who truly knows how you feel because you're the only one who's you. Do you!

Good luck, dude.

4. tculi

tculi Senior Member

thats for the advice guys
    i mean, i just want to live a simple, uncluttered life

5. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

i agree that it's you life and you should live the life you want
    however, as a person who loves to learn, i advocate college
    i went to college and am now at university and its been really good for me
    also i think that it is really important to be educated, if you can educate yourself in a good manner without help, than maybe college isn't for you, but education is extremely important
    the world would be a much better place if people were educated
    good luck :D
    you're still 15 so don't worry about it too much, society puts too much pressure on todays youth, i feel it all the time..you don't necessarily have to figure out you life right this second
    you're not even a quarter of the way through it..just be 15 and have fun :D