college freshmen

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by NovaStarwind, Aug 24, 2005.

1. NovaStarwind

NovaStarwind Member

I know we're supposed to be all mature and such about going away to school, but who here besides me is excited beyond what can be called "reasonable" to finally get away and be college freshmen?!? I'm scared and nervous and happy and excited... it's like, 13 years of nearly-pointless schooling has culminated into THIS moment when we actually may learn something valuable, or at least have a great time being "big kids".
    I know I shouldn't be so emotional about it, but really, it's CHANGE, and awesome.
    ~Nova

2. HappyDrivin

HappyDrivin Member

oh yeah, it's a BIG change..HUGE!! you will love it!!! and good luck your first year!

3. WharfRat

WharfRat Member

yah you really realize how stupid high school was too...

4. MarijuanaPhysicist

MarijuanaPhysicist Member

yo high school is not nearly as hard as college is.

5. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

college wasn't much of a change for me. the workload increased about 100x, but that's about it. i suppose it's a growing experience though. and that's far more important than what you'll learn in class--it's impossible to retain the rapid assimilation of information.

6. kidswillbeskeletons

kidswillbeskeletons Member

meh, college isn't that exciting.. i moved four hours away, where almost 25,000 students reside, and i feel about the same as i did before i got here.
    what to do, what to do