coleus

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by backtothelab, May 18, 2004.

1. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

any success? I have a plant growing, and in about two months, i will have leaves big enough to smoke(i dont wanna smoke all the little ones now and kill the plant). I've heard that you can either ingest about 70 to 100, or smoke two or three leaves, so I'm gonna go with the latter. Anyone have anything to add?

2. madboy139

madboy139 Member

coleus wont get you high. coleus blumei is said to have psychoactive effects but they are mild if any. regular old coleus at the garden store won't get you high though.

3. backtothelab

hearsay or experience?

4. madboy139

madboy139 Member

when i was thirteen i smoked like 6 bowls of the shit. it does nothing. coleus blumei i have no experience with but its been said that the Ancient Aztecs used it in some ceremonies.

5. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

holy fucking shit, i dont know where you get your information from.only a couple of coleus varieties are a deliriant(not psychadelic). the chemical is only produced in the growth shoots(tiny newly developing leaves on the top) these must be dried, and precisely measured out to a very small amount, and you make a tea with them. i wouldnt fuck around with this for a buzz untill you know what youre doing, this is a highly posonous plant and youre about to die if your talking about those amounts.

6. backtothelab

Woof Woof!

7. madboy139

madboy139 Member

I was THIRTEEN. I didn't know what I was doing I was an idiot.

8. backtothelab

don't say that man, not much is known about the plant, and you needed to experiment. Wether your thirteen or thirty, you still would have tried it out.

9. madboy139

madboy139 Member

no now i wouldnt smoke random coleus plants without knowing the species. coleus is a pretty big genus and only a few species get you high.

10. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

6 bowls woudn't do it.

Make tea out of at least 100 leaves and you'll get a buzz.

But I did it once and I wouldn't bother to do it again. It was one of those buzzes that are only thier if you pay attention to them. I think Phikil would give ++ at the max.

11. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

reviving old posts again, sorry.

most erowid experiences report dosages of 10 leaves on average, and feeling moderate effects.

anyone want to contribute?

12. strat

strat Member

I guess the stuff has a different effect on cats - my cat sniffed the leaves and looked like she was having the time of her life - until my mom and sister crashed her trip... I guess her feelings weren't as important as the plants she was rolling around on.