Cold Showers

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jun 11, 2018.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

weird, i figured anyone who spent as much time on a hot roof as you would thrive on popsicles and cold showers.

turns it hot. the toilet takes the cold water that would have gone to the shower, so instead of say 3 parts hot and 1 part cold, you have 3 parts hot and no parts cold to counter it.

scratcho likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The taps in my house do that, but the toilet seems to not affect the shower temperature.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Every other use of the water in my house does that. Especially another person using tap water can be quite an unpleasant suprise. Also: the central heating quits when someone is using the shower.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

There is a way to do plumbing in a house so the shower doesn't run hot when cold water is used elsewhere, but it costs almost twice as much to do it... Because of the cost most places don't have it.

5. mcme

mcme lurker

It's been part of the plumbing code for quite a while now that shower bodies need to be thermostatically controlled, or just balanced, so the temperature/ ratio of hot to cold can't dramatically change in an instant. A new balanced shower body is pretty cheap, and in a lot of cases, can be installed right into the existing one. No need to be scalded ever again.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I was talking about a different plumbing method for running supply lines. Like what is on the blueprints for my house built in 1948.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

my shower dont get interrupted by the toilet or washing machine. thats because Im a plumber. :D

8. mcme

mcme lurker

I was just trying to point out that a balanced shower body might react to water pressure changes, but won't change the ratio of hot/cold. No scalding when someone flushes, no freezing when they start the washing machine.

9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Really?

10. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's nice

Gone with the Pilot likes this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The toilet and also running cold water in the sink runs the water cold in my house and I have no idea why but it sucks

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

No, cause there are plenty of things I can do for my health that aren't fucking horrible.

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

LOL

14. Asmodean

I'm not into cold baths but still intrigued by 'the iceman'. I think despite the horrific cold i'm sure i won't enjoy I could be convinced to do an icebath session with him.

15. Ötzi?

16. Asmodean

No, Wim Hof

17. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I bath in a stream a few times a month and use a cold (10-30 seconds) when I shower.

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

...... :p

Cheers Glen.

19. I'll Be Waiting

I'll Be Waiting Guest

That might not be long enough

20. Zach Michael

Zach Michael Members

Last cold shower I had to take was from coming around the corner and seeing my wife's 15yo sisters tits

21. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm on cold showers atm and the water is painfully cold. I put one arm in, slowly go to my shoulder, then my other arm, then each leg then I stand there and ponder my existence for a while and whether or not I actually care if I freeze to death and when the answer is no, I just get in head first for 20 secs and then I'm out white as a ghost feeling refreshed.