Coffee thread

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

What coffee do you drink when you're at home? Do you prefer dark roast, medium roast or light roast coffee? Black, or with cream and/or sugar? Which method of brewing do you use most? Standard coffee maker, k-cups, french press, etc? Any particular brand of coffee you prefer?

For the past year or so I have been drinking almost exclusively Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve, which is an organic, extra bold, dark roast coffee. It's one of the few organic coffees that is readily available, and it's sold in k-cups.

And I like my coffee BLACK like my women.

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I usually drink whatever is on sale--and not Folgers or anything like that. I like dark roast--actually I used to be forced to use a Keurig (which I would never use again or on my own accord) and my favorite was the Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve. That and "Dark Magic."

I prefer traditional coffee pots--you can control the strength better, they cost way less in the long run and I feel they are more eco-friendly, if you are into that sort of thing. I guess it is a personal preference, there are some nice things about Keurigs, for sure.

Also, a bit of cream, no sugar.

3. broony

broony Banned

I buy local stuff, when I buy their product im also helping out someone special who owns the land. Its good stuff, I try to buy coffee every two weeks and not drink everyday as its expensive...

Though if someone is going to Costco, cause I don't have a card, ill ask them to grab me 6lbs of Columbia coffee so im set for months haha

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I like colorful women and black manual drip. About three quarters peruvian dark and the rest ethiopian yirga cheffe medium.

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I get the local stuff that's from costa rica and what not, no brand name you just get it by the flavor. I like strong coffee. With cream and a little bit of sugar.

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

On a day to day basis, I'm not too picky on brand. I like the light roast because the lighter a bean is roasted, the more caffeine is preserved.

I take almond milk, preferably; or 2% milk.

Splenda or Sugar

and Hazelnut flavoring.

That's my favorite, daily, at home addiction.

Edit- oh, and it's strong. Made in a a mr. coffee espresso maker.

7. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Some people roast the beans at home using a popcorn maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYjQaZahzR4"]How To Roast Your Own Coffee Beans with An Air Popper - YouTube

8. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i drink Green Mountain Dark Magic at work. i drink it black. i love this coffee haha...only reason why i ever buy coffee at work lol.

at home, i'm drinking Peet's Coffee Major Dickason's blend right now - a really nice full bodied coffee. i grind my own beans for a standard drip coffee. again, i drink this black

9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I like dark roast or Columbian. I use a Cuisinart drip coffee machine. It has a timer which I use on the days I work at the office instead of home.

Two sugar and half and half.

Coffee is one of those things I would not give up. :)

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Black, light roast, I grind my own beans and it's strong enough to eat a spoon.

11. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Kona coffee

12. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

I only drink it when it's cold out. I like caramel mochas.

otherwise I'll only drink it ice blended or those dumb starbucks frappes in the glass jars

13. Limeyx100

Limeyx100 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I nearly always drink espresso based coffee these days and enjoy roasting my own beans in a small home roast machine I bought several years ago. I roast on a weekly schedule and always keep just a weeks worth of coffee stored so my beans are always fresh.

My espresso machine is a Rancillio Silvia and it is matched with Rocky grinder, I also have a couple of French Presses for regular coffee. Yesterday I roasted Kenya AAA beans and blended them with a few Costa Rican and Brazilian Robusta, can't wait to taste that next week ( I always rest my beans at least 4 days before using).

14. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

black coffee only. french press. right now im drinking some kenya and some guatemala antigua that a friend of mine who works at starbucks hooked me up with. once i finish that i'll buy some from the local shop.

15. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I drink a local brand of organic dark roast and I use a french press.

16. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Organic central and south American blends, dark roast, expresso.

17. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

dont drink coffee much. dont wanna get hooked on caffeine. but when i do drink it i get whatever black. i prefer espresso

18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

19. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

[​IMG]

Have you heard this record? It was produced by Barry White and came out on Casablanca in 1974. It was Gloria Scott's only album; but one of her best songs (Just As Long As We're Together) was not included on it, only on a single. I am loving this album at the moment, and considering buying a copy (the cheapest available right now is $75, most are well over $125).

20. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

I don't drink coffee that frequently, but when I do I think I usually get medium roast... and then just add some sugar and hazelnut or french vanilla creamer.

I usually drink french vanilla cappuccino.. the stuff is amazing! :sunny: