Coffee as an anti-depressant

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Aug 4, 2013.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Seattle's Best? That's what they sell in gas stations here.

Independent shops are the best imo. Lots of costa stuff, fair trade, strong brews and what not.

2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I think gas stations just have the brand of coffee on drip
    there are actually fully equipped Seattle's Best Coffee shops though..

hmm, I don't like just plain black coffee, I guess a lot of people do though

3. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

"Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and acts as an antidepressant by elevating serotonin and dopamine..."
    "Some experience the mood boost more than others. Unknowingly, many people self-medicate depression with caffeine."

http://www.drjudithorloff.com/Free-Articles/coffee.htm

4. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

My life got a lot more awesome when I broke myself of cigarettes and caffeine. The two went hand in hand for me. I still have coffee, green tea, or chai once in a while, but I won't let myself get in that cycle again.

To answer the original question, coffee does give me the feel goods.

P.s. Caribou Coffee or gtfo

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Got more awesome how?

Energy levels?

We had caribou coffee in VA. I like all the shit down here straight from the islands. No trademarked name whatsoever.

6. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Energy levels, mental stability, and all around wellness. I'm too strong headed to be a slave to anything, caffeine included. Caribou is amazing. My favorite is the stuff from my friend's coffee plantation in Costa Rica. That only comes once year though.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

No connection there for me--3 to 4 cups of coffee just gives me the shakes. If it works for you, keep at it.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I had a friend ( yes, i do have them but i have to pay for them) give me an awesome tip recently.

Twinings lemon and ginger tea mixed with cappucino

OM freakin G its awesome, ginger tea has to be good stuff like Twinings and the cap has to be strong. But ginger cappucino, did i say it was awesome

Twinings quality products are available from the prat aisle in the supemarket today

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So 3-4 cups causes people to not commit suicide... at 3-4 pots of coffee a day I should live forever.

Maybe I should re-think this...

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I feel like it just helps waking me up.

11. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

i get blue when i run out of fags then feel better when i've had a smoke.

i imagine coffee is the same. "i feel fantastic" nah, mate. you just aren't feeling withdrawal now.

12. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

3 or 4 cups of coffee doesn't make me feel better at all. In fact it gives me a mean case of the shits.

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

That used to be the case with me, so for years I avoided coffee. Now it causes me no digestive problems at all. I have especially grown fond of coffee since I began intermittent fasting, since it's one of the few permissible things to drink aside from water and tea.

14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Long ago I drank mostly tea except for about 2 years of college when I lived mostly on coffee and Fritos.
    Then I went back to tea.
    Then about 20 years ago I switched back to coffee and started drinking more and more of it.

In the last couple of years I was drinking many many cups a day but at my last physical I had a high blood pressure reading which ended up being normal.

But now I'm afraid that excess coffee may contribute to high blood pressure even though there doesn't seem to be much evidence, so I have cut back to one cup a day.

I do miss it.

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ive cut down to one cup too

the extra large...its a 24oz

[​IMG]