Cockblocking

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by .Hannah., Apr 8, 2006.

1. TheMechanic

TheMechanic The chicken LUVER!

LOL thats because YBH, YOU would be the center of attention, and the reason a guy would CB his fellow man...

Like I said in your "too skinny?" thread, I think you are a bonafide hottie...

:D

2. kriminal99

kriminal99 Member

Perhaps its just more believable in your case?

Uncool and unskilled? How so? I think your difference in opinion, judging from your "someone else's" comment is that you believe that women are property of whichever guy they are currently dating. If everything is going well in a relationship a girl won't leave it easily for something that may (or may not its hard to tell without actually doing it) be a little bit better for her just out of laziness, fear of change etc. Maybe thats a good thing, so women won't be changing boyfriends every 5 seconds every time there is an argument.

But on the other hand, in order for people's relationships to be better there has to be competition. If you had a girl locked in your basement and she didn't know the difference then you could treat her however you wanted and get away with it. But if you knew and expected her to leave you if you consistently mistreated her or didn't make her happy, and you wanted to keep her, you would treat her better and make her happy. At least as long as it wouldn't be easier for you to find someone else yourself.

Treating people in relationships as being property of their partners is detrimental to society. It is analogous to a monopoly in a free market economy.

In my experience when someone calls something uncool and unskilled without saying why it means they don't know how to do it or deal with it or at least just don't like it for no good reason. It's pretty simple: It's not about competition of the form of you or the other guy is a better person. Its about competition for who would make the girl happier. If the girl stays with the guy I'm happy for them. If she doesn't then there is a reason. I don't get mad over it. It helps to be able to defend yourself though.. both verbally and physically.

I agree with a lot of the other stuff you said. Sometimes it is just about communicating that you are interested. My favorite type of girl is the type that will flirt with you a bit regardless if you show you are interested, but just not date or kiss you or anything if she has a boyfriend or doesn't want to date you for some other reason. But if you think about it, how are girls like that going to stay single for long? Theyll make any guy that flirts with them into a good relationship. So whats left after a while? Maybe the singles scene after a while consists of more and more girls with messed up personalities, and how to deal with them is what people are talking about. Also some situations are just more competitive than others. Being at a sorority or frat party with tons of singles looking to hook up makes it so that just communicating your feelings doesn't do anything to make the girl pick you over someone else doing the same thing.

I wonder if the zinc thing is a placebo... those do tend to work pretty well lol...

3. steffan

steffan puffin

its a mater of edicut, some things are just should not be done. and moving in on someones date is definently one of them, regardless how drunk he or she gets.
    if it rightously pisses you off when someone does it to you, then chances are its very wrong

4. kriminal99

kriminal99 Member

It doesn't piss me off when someone does it to me. You have some control over whether or not some things make you angry. When you are a preschooler it makes you mad when you can't steal crayons from your neighbor. But you learn otherwise. I am implying that getting mad because someone flirts with your girlfriend is just as selfish.

The reason is that you do not own your partner, and it is up to them to decide if they want to date someone else not up to you. In other words, if someone flirts with your girlfriend and/or she flirts with them, its none of your business. Whether you stay with that person is of course. If someone harasses, physically or sexually assaults your girlfriend it is every citizen's responsibility to do something not just yours.

It is pretty simple reasoning. Trying to make your girlfriend love you and/or make her happy is just influencing her decision as to whether to stay with you or not. Trying to prevent her from talking or flirting with anyone else is trying to prevent her from having the opportunity to make a decision. Lying to your girlfriend or constantly trying to make her think that every other guy is inferior to you somehow is also trying to prevent her from making an informed decision. These are all wrong. Your girlfriend should be with you because she wants to be not because you have her locked in her basement and try to scare away any other guy that comes near or use similar tactics.