Cockblocking

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by .Hannah., Apr 8, 2006.

1. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Men, do you do this often? Get frustrated when it happens with the gal you're trying to get the attention of?

And women, how do you feel about it or does not not bother you?

I'm more interested about the (innovative) ways by which men overcome this or get through. How often does it happen? Is it a complete and immediate turn off, or a turn on?

2. Mr X

Mr X Member

I think a lot has to do with the underlying reasons to do this. If a friend is genuinley trying to protect a mate it's alright but if she is doing it because she is jealous then it is not so good.

3. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Is that not pussy-blocking?

I thought cock-blocking was among men: one blocking another/others. In any case, good point.

4. Mr X

Mr X Member

No cock blocking is between women, your best gf is trying to block that "cock"head whom she just saw slapping a girl in the toilets from taking advantage of your drunkeness/drugeness.

5. the anarchist

the anarchist Member

The term "cockblocking" is used to denote the actions of someone of either sex interfering with an attempt at seduction, or a pickup.

6. the anarchist

the anarchist Member

The solution, formulated by "Mystery" (a dude I greatly admire), is simple. Say there is a two-set (two females) and one is ugly and the other attractive. Normally it would be very difficult to pick up the cute girl because the ugly girl will be jealous and will instinctively interfere, telling her friend she must go or not to bother with you.

A skillfull pick-up artist will ignore the cute girl and win over the ugly girl by approaching her and talking to her, making her think he is attracted to her. At that point he has disarmed her, and piqued the interest of the cute girl because she is getting ignored, which she is not used to. After he has gotten the interest of the ugly girl, he then switches his attention to the cute girl. At that point his chance of success (closing and getting the number) increases without the interference. His chance of success is greatly increased if while ignoring the cute girl he playfully teases her one or two times while focusing his attention on the ugly girl.

With male cockblockers the solution is different. So as to seem non-threatening to them, you have got to talk to them first. You have got to be a cool guy with entertaining stories. After you have befriended them and gained their trust, probing to see if any of them have relationships with the girl you like, and their nature, you ask them politely if you can talk to the girl you like one on one. If you have shown alpha male status by getting all of the guys to like you, there is a strong chance the girl will like you. When you are sitting alone with the cute girl and running your routine, you then get her number.

7. happy_kel

happy_kel thug life.

my friend heather did it one night at this dudes house
    but Im glad she did I woulda been in trouble if she didnt hahaha

DRUNKEN MOMMA

8. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Thank you. This did clarify a lot of the concept. But..

What if the ugly girl goes into a rage? What are the chances of your "cute girl" finding you completely sleazy coming to her after making advances toward another girl in such a short time?

For male cockblockers, what if they don't warm up to your alpha male status? Or you're challenged by one other pesky alpha male in the group? Is it as straight forward as moving on to another opportunity?

All of this seems like a lot of work just to get laid. I'm assuming it's more than that.

Happy_Kel brought up another good sub-topic: Have any of you been the victim of such manipulations without knowing it until afterward? I can think up of a few scenarios off the top of my head already but I'd rather hear your insights.

9. the anarchist

the anarchist Member

I am no expert on this, I just happened to do a bit of research some months ago in forums where they practice this as an art. The fact that the term "cockblocker" has gained currency in the mainstream validates what they have been working on.

Another way to get around a female cockblock is to use a wingman. He is a friend of the pick-up artist who approaches the ugly girl to distract her while his friend hits on the cute girl.

If the ugly girl throws a tantrum, she may sabotage the pick-up attempt. There is no guarantee, of course. The skillfull pick-up artist will not show overt interest to the cute girl until and unless she gives signals of interest (through body language or verbally) to the pick-up artist. So he really can't be accused of hitting on anybody.

A skillfull pick-up artist knows how to entertain guys because he practices on and on. He learns through trial and error what stories guys and girls find interesting. If he senses there is no opportunity with a girl who initially caught his attention, he moves on.

Of course, most guys may not go through these routines. Some may go through them but unconsciously. These are tried and tested, though.

10. tennesseeherbsman

tennesseeherbsman Member

Ive always called anything a cockblock that allows you from talking to/hitting on/gettin the mack on a girl.but yea I hate cockblocks.

11. scarikari

scarikari Member

My boyfriend, before he was my boyfriend, cock-blocked this guy I was kind of into. He cb'ed the guy, he was not subtle about it. He kicked teh guy out of the place we were at. Then, he walked me to my car and said he would like to be with me instead of the other guy. I was pretty flattered.

12. rambleON

rambleON Coup

Is there a equal blance of women to men in the world? Im sure there is but it seems that most parties/bars/gatherings there are always more guys than girls. Where do they all hide....i heard women outnumber men.

13. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

That doesn't mean that more women go out than men...

besides, when me and my galpals go out, we go out to dance around nad have fun, not to pick people up or find guys

14. kriminal99

kriminal99 Member

I seem to be a whole lot better at breaking through some cockblockers than others.

For instance... on occasion I have had my way with a guy's girlfriend where the guy was being a dick at a party or something like that right under his nose. The trick to that seems pretty simple: don't be intimidated by the guy or the fact that he is trying to appear as tight with their girlfriend as possible. The girl is so probably so used to everyone ignoring her when they realize that she has a boyfriend that they find it somehow appealing. I find that a girl is usually really skeptical expecting you to run away at the site or mention of a boyfriend, but when I don't the girl's attitude usually changes drastically. When dealing with the guy I say things that are sensible and compassionate rather than trying to be an alpha male or whatever.. like talking about what it was that he was doing to be such a dick and why I didn't appreciate it, but not harping on it too much. It doesn't leave much room for the girl to label me as an asshole if they are the type that has some values. Im sure being a total asshole works with some girls, but its just not my style. And if someone brings up that it looks like Im flirting with his girlfriend, then I admit it but maybe say something about how he has nothing to worry about if he keeps his girl happy and treats her right... Which of course is kind of a joke because I wouldn't get that far if that was the case. Sometimes the girl will break up with the guy right then.

I only do that if the guy is being an asshole or the girl obviously really likes me (If its the latter then I am not so much out to confront the guy about anything)

On the other hand there is one kind of cockblocker that I don't do great with and one that I do absolutely horrible with.

Girls who roll with bitter ugly fat friends who sarcastically comment on everything you say, try to pull the girl away from you etc I don't really know how to handle that well.

And finally the absolute worst for me is trying to roll with some guy that I am not absolutely tight with. Like when I try to go out with college roomates or new coworkers, and they aren't used to my style and get nervous when I randomly talk to a chick and then makes some comment designed to seperate them from me and make me look bad... I hate that... I feel like that anyone who rolls with you has the ability to give new people the impression that they know you well, and if they use that to decieve a new person into thinking less of you then I do not consider that person to be my friend. Which means if someone rolls with me we either have to share a lot of beliefs in common, or respect each other even if we don't completely understand each other, or be a family member (which pretty much guarauntees the second thing said here).

Anyone really good at dealing with these 2 situations?

15. kriminal99

kriminal99 Member

Haha.. Ive actually tried the "try flirting with the less cute one first" thing before and the cute girl still seemed to be into me, but the other girl didn't fall for it. I wasn't really flirting with her heavily just talking to her and making eye contact... But I don't think it was because she wasn't sensing animalistic lust for her coming from me or anything like that... I think she just knew damn well she wasn't that hot at the time. For that matter she might not have even cock blocked me had I just went for the hot girl.

I don't really believe in that alpha male crap. IMO it doesn't apply to intelligent beings whos power relative to one another is not innate but rather stems from the ideas behind them. I would rather be confrontational to a guy if I think he might have a problem with me hooking up with a girl then appear to be his friend just to get him out of the way and try to demean him or make msyelf appear superior somehow. I feel like it is more respectful to the guy that way. It might sound fucked up, but I think there is a degree of deception involved to pretending to be a guys friend at the same time you are trying to appear like his alpha male. However at the same time I am not confrontational in a way that would motivate his "cockblocking" if hes not really interested in the girl and just doesn't want to feel disrespected.

But in the end I think that there are probably lots of ways to deal with this type of thing that each work with different girls. Personally I enjoy having approaches that I didn't read out of a book on how to pick up girls that are probably shared with tons of other guys out there who did the same. Plus in my experience my strong but fair approach always trumps the selfish bad boys.

16. whereami

whereami Member

LOL...It's always worked for me!

17. isaac

isaac Member

Awsome analysis of the potential situation there! Very useful indeed!

18. BigKing

BigKing Member

Your the only other PUA i've ever seen on hear.

19. steffan

steffan puffin

that is such an uncool thing, weak and unskilled.

I was once a real man slut, still never went after someone elses though,
    but the way i usualy delt with cockblockers was to simply tell them "hey bud, how about some freaken edicut here, and if that didnt work i would make fun of them, make them look bad and they would go away
    and the whole cute girl ugly girl thing, first off that situation seldom arises, and even if it does playing games with them is too risky because most of the time if the girls not into you no amount of manipulation in a bar is gonna change that, and if she is interested in you ignoring her for another chick is gonna turn her off
    ya'll want to the real secret to picking up woman? how it is these guys who shouldnt be getting any are? its realy very simple, there not shy, thats it. some big secet huh, some have no respect for woman, and look at them as conquest, and it works, if for no other reason then by numbers alone. others are sure of themselves and what they have to offer. but what they have in comman is an aura of confidence, they watch for a woman to smile back and introduce themselves, they know the signs a woman is interested, for instance alot of woman will go for there hair, a grooming habit, shes worried how she might look. the lean in realy says alot though, but it takes experience to catch all the nuonces of that
    also it helps if you are healthy, or at least appear to be, its the animal in her your trieng to get in touch with, and the animal is thinking sex = a baby. an old trick is to take zinc a few days before it will boost your immune system and a womans sense of smell will pick that up wether she reliezes it or not, also work out and no matter what your age use a moisterizer and you will see a diference

20. YellowBellyHippy

YellowBellyHippy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

woe man, Im sooooo lost