Cocaine After Effects & Sleeping Pills

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by baltimore, Mar 22, 2008.

1. baltimore

baltimore Member

I usually take Xanax or some other benzo when I'm finished using coke to help reduce the after effects that I typically experience (high levels of anxiety and paranoia). Unfortunately, I'm about to finish up the coke I have and I have no benzos to help me. I'm curious to know if anyone here has used sleeping pills (Ambien, Rozerem, etc.) to combat those annoying after effects.

If anyone has done this, please share your experience.

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

u dont like the effects of coke dont do coke, dont add another drug to counteract cokes affects this is how multiple dependencies begin
    trying to ballance the 2 you'll end up killin yourself quickly
    you'll be up n down like crazy tryin to find that spot u wanna be at and takin more n more
    thats just a bad bad idea
    your taking opposites drugwise 1 to make u zing 1 to knock u out..youll jusytt need more n more of both to counteract eachother and b4 u know it u r screwed..

dont do the copke u wont have the anxity or the need to medicate it

3. baltimore

baltimore Member

Anxiety is a normal side effect. Many people who use it experience the anxiety and many people get rid of the anxiety by using drugs such as Xanax. Xanax and other benzos are prescribed to reduce anxiety, thus my need for it is completely legitimate.

Here's a better way to see it:

Say you drink a lot one night and you wake up with a hang over that includes a terrible headache. Wouldn't you use some sort of OTC pain reliever to take the headache away.

It's the same situation, only different substances.

4. soaringeagle

well me no i dont likre hangovers so stopped getting them i wouldnt take an otc pain relievenr for anything short of a broken bone

yes anxiety is a common side effect and adding more mneds to the problem is a problem but switchinhgto sleeping pills is dumb and like alcahol the only way around a hangover is to not drink
    bouncing back and forth between coke and sleepoing pills is a direct route to a much bigger problem..
    to fix it cut it off at the source..the coke

no coke no anxiety..no need for anothrer dependency piled ontop

sleeping pills would become another addiction ontop of the 1st..

which as u already stated hads effets u dont like

like the groggy effects of ambien
    sniff aff thats gone..now anxiety is back..ambien..ooops grogguy again..snifff.. cant u dsee the stupidity in that?
    stop causing the anxiety by stopping the coke

or it'll just get on a crazy see saw that';ll only screw u

5. baltimore

baltimore Member

Ok, I think I need to make this clear: I am not a coke head. I use it recreationally maybe once or twice every few months. I know many people who use Xanax to get rid of the anxiety associated with cocaine use. Learning from them, I do the same thing. However, right now I don't have any Xanax (which I am prescribed to), but I do have some Ambien (which I am also prescribed to). I'm asking if the Ambien would be a decent substitute for the Xanax, but apparently the only answer I can get is "don't do coke if you don't want the side effects." Ok, no shit. I will deal with them if I have to, but all I want to know is if anyone has ever taken some sort of sleeping pill after they used cocaine and how it affected the typical after effects.

6. soaringeagle

well duh sleepong pills do what sleeping pills do make u groggy and knock u oput p...coiunteractiuve effects are fucked up tho point still styands 1 do 1 u dont like just to add anoyther to counteract it
    yes they are like the anti coke and will counteract the coke

having 2 opposites fighting for control of uyour system is dumb as hell

u say yea alotta ppl do it..alotta ppl get multiple dependencies too

ya create a chemical soup 1 force actin against another..why bother?

think about your body as a stable system, coke throws it in chaos in 1 direction sleeping pills in anotherr.. your doubling the stresses your putting yourself through

its the same they do with psych meds u get depressed they give u a pill that makes ui anxiety ridden then another to combat that that makes u suicidal and another to countreract that that brings u back to depreessed.. and then yoiur so messed up your hopeless..

if you dont like what coke does to you dont do coke...
    that simple

7. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

I can see both sides. Its nice to have a bar to take when you dont have anymore yayo and you want to chill out but it can get outta hand really easily. Try some nuggets instead [​IMG]

8. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

good idea with the weed. I used to take 10 bong hits in a row when I ran out of blow. worked like a charm. After 10 bingers you don't care about the blow anymore.

9. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

can always quit bein a pussy n sit it out for the hr or 2 that you actually feel that way.

10. elover

elover ritz with cheese

Or just don't do coke! I used to do it every now and again and I hated comedowns and wasn't big on popping some downers after blowing lines so I stopped doing coke. Which was a good decision.

11. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

I will only do amphetamines if I have some benzos or opiates to help with the comedown. The high isn't worth the comedown. And soaring eagle, this is a drug forum, people should feel free to ask questions even if you don't agree with it.

12. sniffmagikmarkrs

sniffmagikmarkrs Senior Member

dude, I would say either deal with the anxiety of coke or don't do it

coke is great, definitely not my drug of choice, but whenever I get offered free coke, i take it

if you don't want to experience the full effects of coke, including the next day/comedown, then don't do it