Clockwork Orange

Discussion in 'Movies' started by A Clockwork Orange*, Jun 6, 2004.

1. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

[​IMG]
    Alex, I love you

2. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Fucking Awesome flick man. I loved it.

3. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I wish I could read the book. The language bogged me down... Movie was real good. Stanley is one fucked up guy

4. KingOfTheJews

KingOfTheJews Member

a very good film, a milk bar how ingenius :)

5. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

It's strange but I find Alex really really sexy, especially with his eyelash thing. Great movie though, the books even better. Don't let the strange language turn you off, once you start getting into it you'll start viddying what the words mean real horrorshow, o my brothers.

6. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

The movies a great paradox on how the monster who torments society soon became the society who was tormented all the way up until the end.

He got what he deserved and was tortured forever.

This had some excellent direction from Stanley Kubrick whose direction is always so blunt, and the scenes make for some memorable movie moments.

The eye torture scene
    The scene in which they assault the rich couple
    The scene where he nearly gets drowned by his buddies
    the scene where they're at the milk bar.
    the scene where they fight the rival gang.
    And the best scene IMO where he's hearing Beethoven and he starts retching and slamming his fist against the floor inevitably throwing himself out the window.

Oh and a little interesting tidbit. That large silent guy with the glasses who takes care of the crippled old rich man in the middle of the movie is the man who played Darth Vader's body who wore the costume and mask. Of course James Earl jones did the voice, but you get to see the man behind the mask.

This is a masterpiece.

7. A Clockwork Orange*

Strange? Alex is extremely sexy.. There's nothing strange about that

8. Benny DaBuff

Benny DaBuff Member

Nothing strange indeed. You just go for the bad boy types.

Just kidding you.

Most of Kubrik's films are great and this is one of them. His pacing might be a bit slow compared to other filmmakers, but I believe the patience pays off big time with him.

9. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

You find Alex sexy? Well then you should be hanging with me and my droogs. I won't go into all the malanky little details but we viddyied a fair bit of the ultra-violence and we viddyied it well o my brothers.

10. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

there's a german punkband that dedicated one of their albums to the character of alex. It's called "Ein kleines bißchen Horrorshow" (A little Horrorshow) and it has beethoven on the cover. Most of the songs kind of fit to the mainidea of the book.

I really loved the movie. I loved the strange atmosphere it creates, and I really want to read the book

11. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Rob Zombie wrote a song about it. "Never Gonna Stop" on his Sinister Urge album. Too bad it got strapped to the Rollerball remake... Blaug

12. A Clockwork Orange*

Don't speak like that, it turns me on

13. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

That song is about A Clockwork Orange? Cool, I never knew that, and I love that song.

14. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

Ah! I (heart) Rob Zombie.

I found this movie greatly disturbing. It freaked the crap outta me! I'd really like to see it again, but I don't know if I could stomach it.
    I love a bad boy as much as the next girl, but Alex is FAR too sociopathic for my tastes. C-R-E-E-P-Y

15. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Clockwork: Appy-pollie-lodgies my dear. But facy a bit of the old in-out in-out? :p

Dilapitated:
    My Durango
    Number 95 (Thats the car. The durango 95)
    Take me to the Home
    Kick boot in ultra Live (Going to "The Home" and raping the woman)
    See Heaven, flashin horrorshow
    Knock it nice and smooth
    Step back and watch it flow (Korova Milk bar)
    The subtext of Never Gonna Stop is "The Red Red Kroovy" refering to the effects of Moloko plus. Rob is MAD awesome.

Sunnie: You think Alex is too sophisticated? Think you can handle me after a night of insane partying? :p I hope so

16. Friend

Friend Banned

Back on post -

I really like the bit where someone drinks a glass of water and when he gets to the bottom there are dentures... It grossed me out in a funny way.
    I saw this pic many years ago and it didn't impress me that much - the Mad Magazine parody though was real funny!

17. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

What the hell are you talking about?

18. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

-terminal, did you read the last chapter, the one that was never put in the movie? Maybe you should read that last bit. In the end, he ends up becoming a mature adult, wishing for children and a family. It really puts a beautiful twist to the tale.
    -friend, I've never seen that scene, ever. I have no idea what you are talking about.

19. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Friend, are you sure we're talking about the same "Clockwork Orange" because I don't remember that scene.

20. Friend

Friend Banned

I could be mistaken too...

Anyway, in my mind, this scene happens when Alex's brain is "fixed". He sleeps with this man and in the morning, he drinks from a glass of water on the bed table - at the bottom of the glass are dentures - anyone recalls?