clinton was just as bad as trump, but the liberals only want to make trump look bad

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by StellarCoon, Jul 24, 2019.

1. If only people would make the choice not to be represented by people who are clearly bad people. We always just want someone shrewd and tough, because, I guess, that's how we figure we'll bully everyone else into submission. This nation is rotten to its core, which is clearly evidenced by the people we vote for. Sometime we have to take responsibility. We can't just keep saying, "I'm innocent, I voted for the lesser of two evils!" and expect the world to accept that as an excuse.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

But we elected the larger of two evils!

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The fact that our only two viable options for president boiled down to Trump or Clinton is damning evidence that our electoral process is completely fucked up. 300 million people in this country, but I had two asshole crooks to chose from in November. I can understand why so many chose not to vote.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Four hundred and thirty five congressional districts in the US, to represent a country of 300 million. And how many of those districts are gerrymandered by the individual state legislatures? Then there are the poorly participated in primary elections at weird times of the year in states you've never heard of to decide who gets to run for president. And the American people don't seem to give a shit. Take away their cell phones and there would be riots in the streets. It's a pathetic farce. I hope when I retire I have the money to move to New Zealand.

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I thought Hillary looked ok, but I wasn't totally amped up about her. I was taken by surprise that Donald Trump won. When I saw the front page that next day it was weird. The world went black and white or something.

6. I was happy when she lost, after what her campaign did to Bernie and how arrogant the establishment was about it. I was laughing when Trump won state after state. It was funny to see the wind taken out of the pundits' sails.

I wasn't afraid of Donald Trump. I admit I did underestimate the stupidity of his supporters, however. I'm not sure we can do four more years of this.

7. I am, the world keeps turning. So far all Trump has done is humiliate democrats AND republicans for their collective decades of inaction on critical issues. What's hilarious is when they try to blame Trump for shit that happened long before he was elected.

The 2020 debates are going to be very instructional.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The world went backward at least 75 years and will take time to recover.
    All you people who hated Hillary and Obama....I hope you're pleased as punch with what we have now. We've become the laughing stock of the world, Putin's puppet, Kim's lover, and seen as a paper tiger by China.

Oh the "Chosen One" is much better than Clinton would have been.....

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. Backward? In what way?

75 years ago we still had famines. But then, we had just completed the second world war in less than 50 years. The depression was officially over, but the economy wasn't reaching everybody. And the nuclear "testing" began. It was also a time when racial problems were escalating all over the country and about to become a central issue. So it wasn't all flowers and butterflies either.

Still, I think humanity is better off now than we were 75 years ago. Back then, a condition like Aids or cancer was a guaranteed death sentence, in short order.

Yesterday I had a microwave quiche made with cheese, kale, sausage and quinoa; it was actually very good, a complete surprise! I freakin LOVE the 21st century.

The thing about politics though is that it thrives on problems, but actually solves few of them. What trickles down is sheer frustration.

If we have actually backslid, at least it hasn't been by a factor of 150 or so years. Then you might actually be able to say the republicans are bringing back slavery!

10. MeAgain

Since Trump took over he's withdrawn from the Paris Agreement, repealed anti-corruption rules, restricted the Clean Water Act, stopped collecting methane emissions data, reinstated chlorpyrifos, allowed dumping arsenic and mercury to be dumped into public waterways, stopped the reduction of toxic emissions by power plants, given us the largest national debt in history, damaged the G7, damaged NATO and suggested it be disbanded, given us a flawed Supreme Court justice (I like beer), embarrassed, ridiculed, and alienated our allies, praised Putin, fallen in love with Kim, disparaged his own intelligent services, worked to reject poor immigrants, turned the office of the president into a vehicle for lies, insulted the court system, made fun of our war heroes and vets, made fun of handicapped people, incited violence at his rallies, called the media the enemy of the people, made racist comments, insulted members of Congress, insulted women, gained the support of white nationalist and racists, put large numbers of children in cages, directly profited from being president, started trade wars, shut the government down twice, flip flopped on multiple issues multiple times (too many to count), taken funds from the poor, enriched the rich, attempted obstruction of justice, attempted to wreck the Affordable Care Act, on and on.

But our cars have much better stereo systems than they did in 1944 when only AM radio with one speaker was available....as an option.
    So, it depends on what your priorities are, I guess. I was talking about the state of the nation's character and standing in the world, not microwave ovens.

Okiefreak and soulcompromise like this.
  11. Right, just because they like a few things he says, suddenly their opinion is of some value? And somehow their approval is his responsibility?

Naturally this has never happened before! I EXPECT a president to do this, it's not a prom, it's congress.

Just an opinion

Just a weird opinion

How? By sending money to Baltimore?

It's a fun list, but this is all I'm willing to contribute. The "Pile on the Bullshit" tactic of the hard left is boring. Why emulate it? Unless, you actually think it works to cloud all of those issues, a composite of deep plus absurd plus outrageous ideas (bravo for the diversity of reality implementation).

Face it, as long as you advertise your "hate" for Trump so readily, you're just a billboard for intolerance and inflexibility. I always know how a conversation will go with you.

A rat in Maryland farts, it's Trump's fault.

12. MeAgain

I never said their opinion had any value, I said they support him. I don't believe they supported Obama, Clinton, or Bush. Wonder why?
    True, but I don't believe any U.S. president has ever told two members of Congress to go back to their country...which just happens to be the U.S.
    No,
    But of course the media lies, not Trump.
    No.
    No, the trade war, welfare cuts, chained CPI, and I'm not lookiong up the rest, do it yourself.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    I'm glad you know I check up on what I and others post, and I've admitted in the past when I'm wrong.
    I don't hate Trump. He's a clown, a man to be pitied. I hate what he's doing to the country, but he's not worth hating...you can't hate a man with a child's outlook on the world. As I said I pity him.
    Is that what you think?

13. Actually their opinion was that Obama was exactly what the US deserved. Support is support!

14. Nope, I wasn't being literal. Maybe that's part of all this misunderstanding with Trump. Interpreting the lines of a showman literally. Better to judge by their deeds than their words. Same with Biden!

15. Bernie Sanders is still my favorite. He's now a showman, but you don't have to be to be comedy gold. It's all just the situations he finds himself in. Now that shit would be funny. Just look at the way Biden looked at his waving hand in the debates. He's comedy gold.

I don't know, maybe I just have a weird sense of humor.

WritersPanic likes this.
  16. quark

quark Parts Unknown

How many Russians, North Korean’s, or Chinese have personally told you this?

Is it even one?

17. Zero. But CNN may have:grin:
    Multiple times.

18. MeAgain

Apparently you have little idea of what goes on...except for what Trump tells you.
    And I'll stop there as you only listen to "the Chosen One."
    [​IMG]

19. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Intriguing isn't it ??? - these so called 'intelligent Republicans can't even spell correctly !!!

20. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Man, I really don’t know what’s wrong with you.

1. I would kill Donald Trump for $1,000
    2. You didn’t answer my question.
    3. Why does your brain automatically shoot to thinking other people like Trump?

I’m not even American and we aren’t on the same continent. Fuck, you’re paranoid.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot it was an American thing (regardless of political affiliation) to spout dumb bullshit. Just doing what you do best.

Black, white... all fucking Americans...