Clinton Or Sanders?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Sep 18, 2015.

?

Who would you prefer as Democratic Candidate for President in 2015?

1. Hillary Clinton

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Bernie Sanders

62 vote(s)
    81.6%
  1. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Yes, Bernie has said he would vote for Hillary, but as anyone can plainly parse, he actually means he'll vote for the most likely option to defeat Trump.
    Also, he's yet to endorse her.

Not only are there more progressives like Bernie, but one of them recently won her NY primary... Zephyr Teachout.
    Besides her, there are a couple dozen others or so... including Tim Canova, who's running to rid the political world of the blemish that is Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Then there are the thousands and thousands of people who have looked into and/or are planning on running for all kinds of local and national office.
    So, by the time another election rolls around, there should be a whole new plethora of progressive "Berniecrats" in the mix. :)

2 people like this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i vote for Bern

1 person likes this.
  3. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Soooo... who else has perused through #DNCleaks on Twitter?
    And who else is thinking... Bernie would be totally justified in joining Dr. Jill Stein?

Seriously, there is no black & white proof that the DNC actively worked to throw a wrench in the works of the Bernie Sanders campaign.
    Angling to poke at him for possibly being an atheist to get points for Hillary... by a DNC director?!?

Fuck them.
    Fuck DW Schultz.
    Just... fuck...

Of course, Hillary supporters will try to spin the whole thing as "that's just normal" or some bullshit.
    But it's right there, plain as day, the DNC worked to damage Sanders and lift Hillary.

This would be the perfect time for Bernie to just sigh, "I can no longer align myself with this apparatus. I now endorse Jill Stein and would be happy to join the Green Party ticket."

1 person likes this.
  4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Why am I not surprised?
    Bernie needs to disavow his support for Clinton.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The problem being if the Dems split their vote.... Well, Trump.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He doesnt want to be responsible for Trump being our next president.

But i feel like at this point all bets are off. Gary Johnson is going to do a decent job of splitting the Republican vote.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

To be fair, as much as I agree, I get why he doesn't abandon the Dems at this point.
    And it has nothing to do with Hillary.

Part of it is making sure Trump doesn't get elected president, because... duh.
    But the other part is to retain his ability to get ANYthing done in congress.

Historically, Bernie has been able to reach across to both sides of the aisle.
    If he said "fuck you" to Hill, he'd have a hell of a time getting anything done with Dems.
    He hasn't said that anywhere that I knwo of, bu it just makes logical sense.

8. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The latest political poling shows Mrs Clinton has opened up a big lead against her rival. Voter deflections to third parties will seem OK due to the safe lead.