Clinton Or Sanders?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Sep 18, 2015.

?

Who would you prefer as Democratic Candidate for President in 2015?

1. Hillary Clinton

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Bernie Sanders

62 vote(s)
    81.6%
  1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

As a Bernie Sanders follower for several years and having voted for him in the primaries I listen closely to what he has to say.

On Thursday he came out strongly in favor of Hillary Clinton and rejected Donald Trump as a bigoted candidate. He's going to do everything in his power to make sure that Trump does not become president and he is going to meet with Hillary and see how they can work together to defeat Trump.

http://youtu.be/T6KK-1_v4pc​

1 person likes this.
  2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Do you honestly believe that all these incidents could add up to a difference of 2.9 million votes? If not, then they only changed the margin of victory.

The delegate system definitely has room for improvement, and I don't like the caucus concept at all, but it's hard to get a lot of people fired up about changing the setup when it keeps electing the same candidate that wins the popular vote, nationally.

3. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes. agreed.............remembering Brian Williams didn't he state he was under fire.

1 person likes this.
  4. Piney

Watching "House of Cards" have left me feeling so-so about the Clinton allegations.

5. Piney

Oh, so Hillary Clinton clinches the Nomination by attaining the needed delegates;and then President Obama & Pocoahantas endorse her?
    Thanks guys for sticking your neck out!

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Didnt it ruin his career and make him a laughingstock for a while?

I'm honestly not sure if it ruined his career, maybe it didnt.i dont follow his career. But he was certainly the butt of many jokes for a while.

7. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Bernie was on Meet the Press (NBC) this morning. He talked about progressive policies and about the importance of defeating Donald Trump, but he didn't say a word about persuading superdelegates or winning the nomination. It seems to me that he's ready to accept reality and move on, but he's promised to respect DC voters by not formally ending his campaign before Tuesday evening.

As for any Sanders supporter who is seriously considering voting for Trump, I have to seriously question if you have any understanding of what Bernie stands for, or what he's all about. The two men agree on exactly one issue, and nothing else. And they strongly disagree on how a national political figure should conduct himself in public.

3 people like this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It sounds like you are pressuring anti Clinton progressives a bit. Some people just rather see Trump paving the way for a proper Democrat candidate rather than seeing Clinton giving the american people a reason to shift to the right after her presidency.

When you say Sanders seems ready to accept reality and move on I just think: i see what you did there...
    That he continues to run until after DC does not make him out of touch with or unaccepting of reality. Declaring victory which caused people to think the voting is over before it is however.... This is one of many 'little' things why so many reasonable voters even progressive ones piss on Clinton (and sometimes on her biased supporters as well)

edit: spelling

9. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I voted for Sanders.

1 person likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Doesn't matter.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont really get why a Bernie supporter would vote for Trump either. There are other, less fascist options if one does not want to v ote for Hillary.

12. MeAgain

How is Trump paving a way for a proper Democratic candidate?

If Sanders continues to run after the DC primary, what would he gain? Nothing. Clinton has more popular votes, she has more regular delegates, and she has more super delegates. Short of a miracle Sanders will not get the nomination.

All that will happen is that the Democratic party will become fragmented and Trump will have an opening he would not have if Bernie supports Clinton or at lest drops out and campaigns against Trump.

I personally believe that Sanders always knew he only had a long shot at the presidency and his primary purpose in running was to push the party to the left and gain a national platform for his ideas. He has achieved both goals and he will now fight against Trump and the Republicans, as he has stated he would do.

As Sanders supporters seem to pride themselves on rationality, it is time for them to look at what will happen if Sanders doesn't support Clinton.

1 person likes this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

What a shame. I'm not a Sanders supporter, but I sure hoped he would use his campaign to expose the true corruption of the establishment DNC, since they gave Hillary more delegates than him in states he clearly won. Instead, he's just caving into the corruption by endorsing Hillary. Then again I'm starting to wonder if Sanders was ever actually an independent who distanced himself from the politics as usual crowd.

14. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

If the corruption of the government isn't "exposed" enough already it never will be. People are just too blind to ever see, which is too bad; eventually American will learn the hard way to get off facebook and start paying attention.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

3 people like this.
  16. Asmodean

Well, to put it simply: by utterly fucking things up in the name of the Republicans.

17. Piney

Even Republicans don't want to vote for Trump. Why would a Supporter of Senator Bernie Sanders?

Perhaps they have typed Venezuela on to their daily news feed?

18. Asmodean

Perhaps to give him a proper chance 4 years later. I, and so I'm speculating perhaps they as well, don't see that happening if Clinton gets president. After all there are a lot of republican voters in the USA as well. But if their party really screws up... Maybe those particular Sanders supporters hope a majority of the american voters head in their preferred direction. I agree that is a highly hypothetical scenario but it seems their dislike for Clinton also plays a role. Besides, they have 4 years extra to get him and what he stands for known to the general public.
    I'm afraid his age will work against him here. But I have good hope some other reasonable and sincere politicians may come to our attention in the mean time. I mean just that it seems progressive Americans have their system working against them doesn't mean there aren't some more people like Sanders in all of US politics, right? It seems the main thing they need is support.

19. MeAgain

Bernie has stated he will vote for Hillary Clinton in the general election.

He also comments on the EU and globalization.

http://youtu.be/D7nfvULltaY​

20. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

This surprises you?