Click it AND Ticket??????

Discussion in 'Protest' started by johnnybravo, May 30, 2006.

1. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

lol i knew it was you.

2. cadcruzer

lol , you think if your t-boned in the driver-side an NOT seatbelted in you just "SLIDE" to safety? in dont think the slide process start's till you kiss the grill of the t-boner:p . seat belts arent designed to protect in side impact's, more for the head on , and roll over's. lemme guess, your against mandatory life jacket's in boat's too?

3. Gizzee

Gizzee Member

4. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

The helmet law is still in effect here in Michigan...however, right over the border in Ohio it's legal to go helmet-less.

5. cadcruzer

before you get hit?? just how fast are you, nevermind.pointless.

6. Gofigure

Gofigure Member

This campaign is is a serious assault on our civil liberties. I generally wear my seat belt, but now I am being pulled over regularly before I can even get out of my parking spot. The police are on red alert and I feel like I am living in a police state. If we allow such an infringement on our persoanl lives where will it stop. Are they going to start ticketing us for not changing our tires or wiper blades soon enough. I think we have the right to use good judgement for our personal safety. I don't think a seat belt will do much when I am driving at 4 miles an hour from the market to the bank for 200 yards. The campaign is costing 42 million in advertising so how is that saving lives, why not spend it researching how to cure heart disease. I am not generally a bleading heart, but this campaign is out of control and it is fleecing the pockets of responsible americans.

7. Optical Sound

Optical Sound Member

It is agreed that seat belts save lifes and and generally safer than not having one on, but It shouldnt be a law to wear one(I always wear my seatbelt, becuase I want to, not becuase a law dictates me to). If I die in a crash because I wasn't wearing a seatbelt, it wont hurt anyone but me this is just more control the state has over our lives. Its the same scenario with the FDA trying to regulate (shrink) food portions at resturants. If I pay for a said amount of food I dont wan't it regulated, I can decide how much to eat for myself thank you.
    And, if the food portions are smaller we all know the price will stay the same.

8. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

bullshit - already addressed in a previous post on Page 1

Do agree w/the fda crap though...
    Think they're some budgetary concerns?