Click it AND Ticket??????

Discussion in 'Protest' started by johnnybravo, May 30, 2006.

1. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

Everyone no doubt has heard or seen the "Click it or ticket" ads and billboards.

I wonder this:

With all of the "speed traps" across the country, especially in small towns, are there also "seat belt traps" where cops ticket seat-belted drivers for no seat belt by claiming that the drivers didn't buckle up until they saw the cops, effectively making it "click it and ticket"?

I'm sure it happens, which means you can't even count on having a seat belt on to keep from getting a ticket for it.

Johnny Bravo

2. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes Banned

clunk click every trip

3. streamlight

streamlight Member

Buckle your seatbelt before hitting the public roads, its not only for your safety, but for everyone elses.

4. streamlight

streamlight Member

You're driving along, 2 lane road, cars are coming in the other direction towards you, suddenly a deer, you veer to avoid it, but since you aren't strapped to your seat you slide out, and the car turns into oncoming traffic.

5. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

Putting on a seat belt is a matter of personal choice. You would think that the so-called "most free nation in the world" (i.e. America) would respect that, but I guess liberty just isn't what it used to be.

6. streamlight

streamlight Member

But the fact of the matter is that in the scenario I stated, the accident could have been avoided had the person been strapped in.

If you go through an intersection an are t-boned, you are more likely to die if you aren't strapped in because you will bounce around inside of the car. See this video for proof: http://my.break.com/Content/ViewContent.aspx?ContentID=mRbFSh54aecJjLBfEECcDQ%3d%3d&ContentTitle=What+Happens+when+you+don't+wear+a+Seatbelt&ContentURL=http%3a%2f%2fview.break.com%2f96569

7. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I don't care what people do in their car as long as what they do or don't do doesn't effect me. They can turn their airbags off, they can not wear their seat belt...I don't really care. I mean, if you want to NOT wear it, you're not hurting me (despite the illogic that is being stated here).

I think those seat belt traps are hilarious. Yeah, warn people that they're going to pull you over if you don't have your seatbelt on...

Not only that, but around here, if they set up a seatbelt trap, you might as well expect to hear about a few house robberies at the same time. When the cops are busy getting the innocent people, the real criminals are out taking advantage of that.

My 65 year old grandmother got a seat belt ticket a few years ago..she was just going to the corner store. Ridiculous.

8. streamlight

streamlight Member

Here we go, http://view.break.com/96569 try that.

9. streamlight

streamlight Member

Believe me, I know what t-boned is, I'm a firefighter, and I went on a car accident today that was a t-bone. The woman in the car that was hit in the sides car wasn't as seriously damaged as some would believe. It was major damage to the car itself, but practically no damage to the interior. That's why they make passenger cabs, roll cages, safety bars, to keep you safe in an accident.

10. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Anyone have a clue how auto insurance rates are determined?
    How much tax money goes to cover medical for uninsured Folk?

IMO in the event of an accident
    No belt/ helmet = no insurance claim/ no tax payer supported medical

I'm tired of paying for the damages resulting from those exercising their 'Rights' of personal liberties legal or not...

11. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Start a grassroots effort - many feel the same.
    Personally I feel that is within your Rights.

ie: PIP is optional in TX regardless of what the insurance crooks may say - a signed waiver is all that's required to not have the coverage.

12. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Sounds very worthwhile.

Good Luck,
    A

13. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

Fortunately, we don't have a helmet law here in Kentucky, at least not yet. Athough there is an ever growing movement to get one passed.

There are two motorcycle clubs in my area, and not one member ever wears a helmet. They refuse to wear them as way of protesting against the pro-helmet law crowd.

14. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

I always buckle up, but not because some pig says to.

I have always wanted a bumpersticker that says, "Click or Ticket?? STICK IT!"

15. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

LOL!!!!!!

16. Libertine

Well, that's shorter than "I BUCKLE UP FOR SAFTEY, NOT FOR YOU...PIG!"

17. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

Your really funny.

18. Libertine

Maybe I need to come up with slogans for bumperstickers for a living. ;)

19. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

Libertine,

You can make your own bumperstickers at:

www.bumperart.com

I made one that says "How about "CLICK IT FOR SAFETY" instead of "CLICK IT OR TICKET"? A cop here in Austin passing by me frowned at me for that sticker. But hey, BAD COP. NO DONUT!!

My question for this thread was if anyone had been ticketed anyway even though they had their seat belt on because of a crooked cop saying that the seat belt wasn't buckled until seeing him.

Also, don't get me wrong. I'm all for buckling up. I just believe that we need the freedom to do so in order to be safe. Whether driving is a "constitutional right" or a "priviledge' is debatable, but safety is a RIGHT, not a priviledge, and forced "personal safety" through criminal laws actually violate our right to be safe and it also trivializes safety.

THOSE WHO GIVE UP THEIR LIBERTY FOR SAFETY END UP WITH NEITHER!!

Johnny Bravo

20. Libertine

Damn, I love you, johnny.

YES, my own bumpersticker...MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :X