clerks

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by umm...ya, Jun 2, 2007.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i've never seen clerks while sober and there's probably a good reason for that.

2. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I'm sad to say I've never seen Mallrats or Clerks II. But I have Clerks on DVD. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was ok, I guess. Dogma freakin rocked ass.

I've been on my own since 1979 so I don't really relate to people still living at home or are supported by their parents.

3. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

that's actually an issue with me and one of my best friends. he's almost 40, has a full-time job and earns what my ex-husband was raising a family of 4 with, and yet constantly complains that he "can't afford" to move out of his mom's house. (to me, who has been homeless.) the reason? not because rents are too high, but because if he actually acts like a grown-up and leaves he won't be able to afford all his fancy expensive computer toys and bourgeois extra educational experiments he "needs" for his "art" that he never does anything with.

there's so much more about my friend that i just love to pieces. he's one of my best friends, really like a brother.

but hearing him compain about how he can't afford to act like an adult and loose his middle-class toys is just offensive. especially since at certain points of our friendship when he was on his anti-capitalist trip he expected me to be some sort of poster girl for his bored middle class white guilt causes because I was on Welfare at the time.

ugh!

4. groovydude

groovydude Member

Loved those films. Smith is the man that can make me happy and make me cry.

5. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Clerks and Mallrats look like hamfisted student films when put up against Ghost World and Fast Times at Ridgemont High.