Cleaning the couch.....Ack!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by daisymae, May 31, 2004.

1. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

There was an accident during a nap yesterday......
    Anyone have ideas on how to get the urine smell out of uppholstery? There was a lot. I have tried carpet cleaner, it still smells, but then again, it's still wet. I think I'll take a blow dryer to it.

2. Brighid

Brighid Member

Dry the cushoins in the sun. Febreeze works well too!

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Unfortunately, there are no cushions, it's all one piece. Once I get it dry, I'll have to see how bad it is.

4. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Febreeze might work. Pet shops sell a product specifically for getting urine smell out of carpets, and that would probably be the best chance you have.

5. tom

tom Member

sprinkle baking soda on it, DON'T rub it in, let it dry then suck it up.

6. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

There is a product called Nature's Miracle. It is for all protein based messes. It was developed for puppy potty training, but works for human urine, feces, vomit, blood smells ect. It is FANTASTIC!!!! We have used it for everything from puppy accidents to toddler accidnets to stomach flu (yuk!) and times when people bring dog shit in on their shoes. It is natural enzyme and is really safe. I have TWO bottles in my house right now, one up and one down.

I love this stuff. But it at pet supply places.

7. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

Wish I'd known about that Nature's Miracle stuff a couple weeks ago when Xander peed on his stuffed platypus!I had to scrub the daylights out of it with dish soap and a sponge!Who gives a baby a "surface washable only" toy?Oh yeah,Grandma!