Clean shaven genitalia

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Panama Jack, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This fall we will go to your first nude resort.
    Question: Are most people cleanly shaved in the genitalia area. What is resort etiquette for shaving. My wife and I shave once a week. Thanks

Mirsman likes this.
  2. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Up to 10 years ago I was a part-owner of a nudist resort. There was no necessity to shave the pubic area, and certainly no "etiquette" about it. Fast forward to now, and I can honestly say in reflection people looked much better with their bush rather than try and look like aliens from another planet. Do not be "guided" by what other people are doing at a resort, or mistake it as a normal thing, or one that is expected of everybody as a means of acceptance: all of that is wrong. Frankly, if a resort imposed some sort of regulations or rules about body hair, I would take myself and my money elsewhere.

3. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

There is no etiquette for shaving at resorts, and no nudist will judge you for how you look. I've been to many and the best thing to do is just be yourself and do what you normally do. You'll find a lot of others either shave or wax or trim just because they are on show, but there will be plenty with a natural look too. It's only at nudist resorts that also promote swinging that looks become more relevant.

Mirsman likes this.
  4. Panama Jack

Thanks for your prospective. We are no longer what is call “Beautiful Prople” by the younger crowd. But we are healthy, fit, control our weight and like to socialize.
    We have shaved our genitalia for years. Its just what we do for our personal hygiene.

Mirsman and Sprogman like this.
  5. Panama Jack

Agree, As I mentioned to another poster. We have clean shaved for years, for our personal hygiene. Going to a small resort geared for people our age. Seniors.

Mirsman and Sprogman like this.
  6. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

"Just what we do for our personal hygiene" means "What we do on account of our delusions". There are no issues related to hygiene involved with shaving genitals. In fact, if you're looking for health concerns (though I bet you're actually not) then you'll find the medical advice is "stay natural". Do what you want, but don't claim that you're cleaner than anyone else. Read all about it.
    The war on pubic hair must end

Of course, that's written by a middle-aged doctor! Most likely the younger ones are as nutty as anyone else about shaving, though they probably know enough to say "This is just fashion, not a health issue, and I hope it won't end up hurting me."

Plus what others have said--you can be shaved or natural at a resort, and it's no big deal either way. If someone does make an issue of it, they're the ones who are out of line.

thesantos29 and Sprogman like this.
  7. Panama Jack

Respectfully, I mostly agree with you, but you assume to much about us. We do not shave for our vanity or vain reasons. We are too old to be what some groups call “Beautiful People”. My wife was a ER nurse and has seen all shapes and sizes. To each their own. We prefer shaven.

Sprogman likes this.
  8. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

Well, you said it was "hygiene" and it's certainly not that. Show that article about "The war on pubic hair must end" to your wife, and see what she says, as a medically trained person. She might not agree, but maybe emergency rooms these days are full of people suffering from all the nasty stuff the author talks about!

9. Ace65

Ace65 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

At my club it's more of a mixed bag. I rarely see females with any pubic hair but most males have at least some pubic hair especially if they are older. The younger males tend to either be partially or totally shaved. I myself have been totally shaved for many years now since I hit my mid 40's and it seemed like I started sprouting a full pelt on my back so I just decided to shave everything.

Last year at my club there was a very attractive redhead woman that had a rather thick landing strip of natural red pubic hair and she passed by me as she had just come out of the outdoor showers, that was very nice. I think it was three seasons ago a very pretty brunette with a dark tan had what I would consider to be very close to a full bush.

Sprogman and bananaman321 like this.
  10. nldn

nldn Senior Member

There is no rule that I am aware of in any naturist place I have ever been to. More women and indeed men are clean shaven than say 20 years ago, but that I expect is about the general trend in society and nothing to do with any rules or expectations in nudist resorts or spas. The only exception seems to be that for less organised and in particular temporary spas/saunas, fewer than average will be clean shaven.

11. Runner woman

Runner woman Banned

Interesting. I recently shaved for the first time and it felt weird, and looked weird and I swore I’d never do it again. I’ve always been perfectly comfortable nude around friends and family but freshly shaved I was a little self conscious .
    Since then though, I’ve shaved again. It feels normal now. Somehow I just feel more nude. If that even makes sense. Especially outside with a breeze on my skin.
    I can see why it’s common for nudists to shave.

12. Panama Jack

Runner woman, Agree, It makes since to us. After years of shaving and/or keeping our genitalia closely trimmed, it just feel natural for us. It’s much easier to just give a quick pass with the razor in the shower now.
    As a married couple we much prefer this.

13. trilobite

trilobite Members

Personally I shave mine before going nude. I like how it looks and feels. I have no issues with people letting their bush grow, if that's what they want to do.

Nakednudist and Sprogman like this.
  14. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I shave my private parts. Smooth or not it doesn't matter. People are all different and like different things. Don't worry and just be yourself.

Sprogman likes this.
  15. waynedunn

waynedunn Banned

I'm clean shaven.
    Feels a lot nicer and clean and fresh.
    Would never got back to hair....

Sprogman likes this.
  16. NudeDavid19

NudeDavid19 Banned

I think as long as you don’t have the Amazon Jungle sprouting from your crotch, you should be OK. :) I know some people have piss-poor personal hygiene and it shows, but a little bit of bush, if kept washed, will be sanitary.

17. Steveh

Steveh Members

Most all of our club members are completely smooth as we are too

18. Ace65

Ace65 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My last two trips over I've seen a couple of partial bushes on females which I have to admit I do like seeing. I'm taking my last trip over for the season this Sunday so I'll be interested to see how many people are there.

19. Steveh

Steveh Members

Yes, some of the gals do have what they call, landing patches