Classic Nickelodeon.

Discussion in 'Cartoons' started by Sarah_the_walrus, Feb 4, 2009.

1. thechannel

thechannel Guest

rocko,angry beavers, catdog, doug, ren and stimpy, rugrats
    all these shows were nuts when i was a kid

2. Lizmarie

Lizmarie Member

I saw a commercial the other day, saying that there was a classic nickelodeon channel coming to canada, that is going to play all the old shows mentioned..

Im excited,

3. VaporDude

VaporDude Member

hey what was that contest show, where at the end they always raced up this epic mountain.

that thing was way rave.

also KABLAM.

4. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Yeah i loved these shows rockos madern life, catdog, I diddn't like doug but i watched it. I didn't like rugrats. My favorite is Rocket power.

5. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Wtf this got moved to cartoons?? thats bull shit i thought stoners lounge can have any topics?? Now this thread is DEAD nice.

6. K3KOA

K3KOA Member

I too was a child of the 90's. :)

My favorite shows include Legends of The Hidden Temple, Kenan and Kel, and All That. I have every episode of all these shows on DVD.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Ren and Stimpy was better than all those, i watched that relgiously when it was on nickelodeon.

8. SweetEmotion

SweetEmotion Member

all of those shows would be good to watch on acid, especially rockos modern life.

EDIT: or KABLAAM!

9. AttentionDeficit

AttentionDeficit Member

I loved All That, and later, The Fairly Odd Parents.

10. Mixed-Peppers

Mixed-Peppers Member

Nickelodeon really was the best..I loved loads of the shows...Tho i think id single out Rugrats as the best...cos it reminds me of so much memories

11. SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy Senior Member

GUTS/Global GUTS..

Dang, I was "too old" for Kablam by the time that came out, although I did enjoy the claymation Prometheus and Bob segments :D

Adventures of Pete and Pete.. NO contest! That show also had the best soundtrack. Ren and Stimpy was the best cartoon. Definitely not really a kid's show.. especially if you've ever seen any of the lost Spumco episodes...

12. Alva

Alva Member

I miss Hey Arnold! :(

13. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Hey Arnold was awesome. I still remember one episode that me and a mate joke about to this day.

I play in a hockey team and there's a greedy blighter on my team. There was an episode where a kid played sports and his dad was the coach and would always say 'pass the ball to tucker!'

We say that about this kid, his dad was our coach, and he used try and get his son to poach as many goals as he could. Was lame, but funny!

But otherwise, I liked Real Monsters, Catdog, Recess, loads.

14. SandDollar

SandDollar Member

"the cat came back, the very next day... the cat came back, they thought he was a goner." an old nick short.. always plays in my head as we watch our black dumpster kitty bypass instates full of traffic in his attempt to follow the wanderers.

Salute you're Shorts was a great show.. though, Hey Dude was a lousy western suck up of lacking woods. Rocko was one of my favorites.. "wash yer hands, turn the page. Wash yer hands.. turn the page"... we drove a friend into a bad trip by repeating that for a whole day while he was messin' with some mocked lsd back in those days. I miss a lot of that stuff.. though, in the last 20 years tv has gone from strict laws to.. well, able to show a full mental rape. If only Sifl & Olly could have pulled off the shenanigans Wonder Showzen could.

I was subjected to watching a new nick show the other night.. left me hoping that I get to be there to slaughter the whole cast after the zombie apocalypse. Ohh the old days..

15. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

THAT'S where that came from!! Amazing, my bf sings that all the damn time and I can never put my finger on where I know it from...

16. SandDollar

SandDollar Member

Yeah, I would love to see that little nick short again for old times sake. All I can remember is the guy rowing his boat in to the middle of a lake and dropping a sack (ladened with cat) into the water and going home, and then nine little black ghost kitties flying around his house taunting him...

Also.. anyone remember Inside Out Boy?

17. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Hmm, let's see what made my childhood awesome:

-Are you Afraid of the Dark, hands down best childrens show ever. Seriously there was a show whos sole purpose was to scare the living hell out of kids, and when you're 7 it worked.
    -Adventures of Pete and Pete
    -Ren and Stimpy
    -Legends of the Hidden Temple(fucking kids who can't put together the damn 3 piece silver money)
    -Rocko's Modern Life
    -KaBlam
    -Doug
    -All That(the first few seasons were fantastic)
    -Salute your Shorts
    -Clarissa Explains it all
    -Hey Dude
    -Angry Beavers
    -Ahhh Real Monsters
    -The Secret World of Alex Mac

ohhhhhhhhhhhh memories.

Also, best TV theme song eva:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJrCkB9zzEo"]YouTube- Hey Sandy - Polaris

18. Obscured

Obscured Member

Wow, I had forgot about that one. Loved it :)

My favorite cartoon they played in the late eighties was the Mysterious Cities of Gold. First cartoon I ever saw that had a continuous story rather than separate episodes and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stiKu-Mbh8g"]YouTube- The Mysterious Cities of Gold

19. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters

[​IMG]

These guys were the cats pajamas!!

20. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

CatDog, of course.
    The Angry Beavers.
    Rocket Power was cool..... at first. Then it got amazingly lame.
    Hey Arnold