Clapton to tour the states

Discussion in 'Gig List' started by SLammon420, May 29, 2006.

1. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Whose going to go see him? He's a living legend and he's coming near me, so I kind of feel it's my duty to see him haha. Should kick alot of ass.

2. mulephan

mulephan Member

I want to see him, so far Boston is the closest city to me, even with all the shows I've seen I have yet to cath the living legend live. I am hoping he has Derek Trucks in his band for his US tour as he did for his European tour. I've seen Derek many times w/The Almans and he rips on slide guitar.

I don't know if you remeber, but two years ago Eric said he was retiring from touring, so I would see him while you can.

Slowhand!!!

3. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Yes, Derek will be touring the States!!!!! I've seen him a few times with the Allmans and with The Derek Trucks Band...he's the man.

4. mulephan

mulephan Member

Thanks SLammon420, that is great news!! I've seen him w/ABB many times but never w/The Derek Trucks Band. I will definatly have to get those Clapton Tixs now!

5. short-man420

short-man420 Member

i live in Canada so i don't think he's coming here, but i have my aunt on stand by to get me tickets if he comes (where she works has a skybox)

and yeah Derek Trucks is gunna be with him, i saw it in an issue of Guitar World, it'll be freakin sweet, hopefully he plays the original version of layla and Derek on slide would be like Duane Allman back in '70-'71

6. pollock

pollock Member

I saw him once. good show, great band with him

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, they both hold their own.

I imagine it's going to be alot like the Derek and the Dominoes era stuff with the loss of Billy and lack of Andy-Fairwether Lowe. Bramhall is amazing, too. From what I hear clapton is just doing projects and trying things... I remember hearing him saying he kinda felt like he lost his touch when he did the new Road to Escondido album with J.J. Cale... I can't remember where.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42dTUGPdXvo

That's Badge, from his 2001 world tour that was supposed to be his last.

8. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

Thats pretty awesome Derek Trucks will be with him, i didnt know that. However, i was fortunate enough to see Clapton in 2000 (last time he toured) i think. Doyle Bramhall opened (bad ass) which was a pretty nice suprise. Hes the guitarist for Roger Waters on the "In the Flesh" DVD by Roger Waters. Which is a phenominal live pink floyd dvd by the way. But Doyle tears it up big time.

Clapton was pretty bad ass to. He always plays a good set, but the only thing stoppin me from goin now is that tix are so expensive! Id rather see the new acts for around 10 bucks here in lawrence

9. Nothingisreal

Nothingisreal Member

When is he touring?

10. OnlyIdiotsLoveWar29

OnlyIdiotsLoveWar29 Member

I'm seeing him this Saturday.
    It's going to be amazzzzzzzing