Circumcision for my baby?

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by GammaRae, Nov 30, 2013.

1. hutchie

hutchie Guest

Hi, I am uncircumsized so I can give you my personal experience. He will get teased. It happens. But people get teased in their life for something at sometime no matter what right? People who have never seen my penis somehow know. Word travels fast. I resented my mother when gym rolled around. In my 20's after I found out I have more sensation than cut guys I apologized. Depending on diet it will stink no matter how much you scrub. Don't use soap just plain water. Some chicks will not give an uncut guy head no matter what the smell. They just don't know how to approach it. There are cons. Adult circumcision is painful and you cannot masturbate or have sex for 6 weeks after. Also the scar tissue apperantly ruins much of the pleasure afterward. I wouldn't get circumsized for the world. I love mine and think everyone else got the raw deal but it is a "thing." Hope that was some help in your decision.

Mayvern likes this.
  2. Hyperintake

Hyperintake Members

Circumcision is just a form of mutilation. If there is no medical reason for doing it, don't do it.

Mayvern likes this.
  3. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Member

article from Psychology Today on the psychological damage of circ

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201501/circumcision-s-psychological-damage

Comparing to PTSD:

"Using an adapted version of a clinically established PTSD interview rating scale, the study’s authors determined that 51 percent of these boys met the full diagnostic criteria for PTSD and noted that other variables such as age at circumcision (pre-adolescence versus adolescence) and time elapsed since the procedure (months versus years) were not predictive of a PTSD diagnosis (Ramos & Boyle, 2000). As a point of comparison, the rate of PTSD among veterans of the Iraq war is approximately 20 percent (NIH, 2009). "

Debunking the African AIDS studies and the CDC guidelines:

"As psychologists, we are deeply concerned by the recently announced CDC guidelines promoting circumcision for all males, and in particular children. The CDC guidelines are based on a sharply criticized 2012 policy statement by the American Academy of Pediatrics. The 2012 statement was condemned by a large group of physicians, medical organizations, and ethicists from European, Scandinavian, and Commonwealth countries as “culturally biased” and “different from [the conclusions] reached by physicians in other parts of the Western world, including Europe, Canada and Australia” (Frisch et al., 2013).

The new CDC guidelines highlight methodologically flawed studies from Africa that have no relevance to the United States. They chose to ignore studies that were conducted in the United States and show no link between circumcision and the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV (Thomas et al., 2004). "

4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Child abuse is wrong, there is no excuse for doing it.

Mayvern likes this.
  5. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

I was cut and see lots of guys that are wish they were not. It can cause nerve damage and disfigurement. I would never cut a child!

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I was not, and then I asked to have it done. I've never wished I hadn't done it.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

granite45, Josephinelcajon and ~Zen~ like this.
  8. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

Well, beyond the purely cosmetic reasons for your decision, there are some medical benefits of circumcision. Greatly reduced incidence Penile cancer and a much lower risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners. Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin). Both are treatable. Only you and your partner can weigh the benefits. I know of no long-term risks to the procedure (other than minor pain which, according to heart rate and blood pressure studies, lasts approximately 2-3 hours in infants. I have never witnessed any complications. I would not let anyone scare you by implying it is unsafe, it's not. I have been an RN for over 20 years including NICU and had my son circumcised because of the lower cancer risks. All my best in your joint decision. Please remember, the important thing is that you have a healthy child whatever happens with this comparatively minor decision.

9. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

Why is it that if I say "Your kids eat organic and non GMO foods will prevent cancer." People say "oh, yes. Of course." But if I say "getting circumcised and getting the HPV vaccine" will prevent your kids from getting cancer (both scientifically proven) I'm some kind of witch doctor?

10. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

That i wrong. Men circumcised in childhood/adolescence are at substantially reduced risk of invasive penile cancer. Penile cancer has a nearly 90% mortality rate. Having the HPV vaccine and circumcision puts penile cancer incidence at nearly zero.

11. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

12. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

The relevant and only important line in this is "As psychologists" Not as Medical Researchers, not as Immunologists, not as Pathologists, not as Virologists, not as Oncologists, not as Hematologists, not even as MD's... but as Psychologists! Please explain what training or expertise a psychologist has in the study of HPV or Penile cancer and the relationship to circumcision, the risk factors or pathology?

13. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

It is also proven that individually or in combination and synergistically; male circumcision and the HPV vaccine will reduce or, in combination, eliminate Penile cancer and cervical cancer in the female partner.

14. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

That is correct. However, modern scientific methods not only disprove but many times prove what our ancestors believed or simply made up may actually be helpful. This is the case with circumcision. It is proven that individually or in combination and synergistically; male circumcision and the HPV vaccine will individually reduce or, when used in combination, eliminate incidences of Penile cancer and cervical cancer in the female partner.

15. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

And selfishly, circumcision reduces the rate of UTI's and Cervical Cancers in the female partner.

16. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

False. It is proven that individually or in combination and synergistically; male circumcision and the HPV vaccine will individually reduce or, when used in combination, practically eliminate incidences of Penile cancer, along with most cervical cancer in the female partner. BTW, the reason you're not concerned with Penile Cancer, which has a 90% mortality rate, is because most men in the US are circumcised and a greater number are being vaccinated.

17. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

No informed MD will ever recommend against circumcision.... period, end of conversation. I am and RN. I recommend against Penile and cervical cancers to my patients.

However you simply do not understand the medical reasons why circumcision is a better option. First, when done alone it reduces the incidences of Penile Cancer by up to 40% along with lower incidences of UTIs and many Cervical Cancers in female partners. Second, circumcision works synergistically with the HPV vaccine to nearly eliminate all Penile Cancer (which has a 90% mortality rate) and cervical cancers in female partners. There are proven medical reasons why circumcision is beneficial. I have never seen any medical research recommending against it beyond personal or religious preference.

18. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

Well penile and cervical cancers were created and evolved as well. So I guess, using that logic, get penile cancer everyone!

Personally, I am and RN. I recommend against penile and cervical cancers to all of my patients.

First, when done alone circumcision reduces the incidences of Penile Cancer by up to 40% along with lower incidences of UTIs and many Cervical Cancers in female partners. Second, circumcision works synergistically with the HPV vaccine to nearly eliminate all Penile Cancer (which has a 90% mortality rate) and cervical cancers in female partners. There are proven medical reasons why circumcision is beneficial. I have never seen any medical research recommending against it beyond personal or religious preference.

19. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

And maybe you are simply unwilling to go beyond the belief that Penile Cancer and Cervical Cancers are inevitable.

Well as an RN I don't like Cancer and believe we should do everything possible to eliminate it. Oh but maybe it's just that anti-cancer American upbringing speaking.

When done alone circumcision reduces the incidences of Penile Cancer by up to 40% along with lower incidences of UTIs and many Cervical Cancers in female partners. Additionally, circumcision works synergistically with the HPV vaccine to nearly eliminate all Penile Cancer (which has a 90% mortality rate) and cervical cancers in female partners. There are proven medical reasons why circumcision is beneficial. I have never seen any medical research recommending against circumcision beyond personal or religious preference. But I guess maybe in your country they enjoy the "natural state" of cancer-related deaths.

20. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

Your uncircumcised penis is a source of additional cervical cancers and UTIs in female partners along with a higher rate of penile cancers for yourself. So maybe, "some girls" are right? But if men think circumcision makes them "feel disgraced and humiliated", I can only imagine how men feel with a Foley bag hanging by their side, with their penis amputated, and having lost half their body weight in a hospice bed. Penile cancer is ugly for those so unfortunate to have the disease. That's a truth I pray we will soon eradicate through circumcision and HPV vaccines.

So, stop with the misinformation. There is no medical reason not to be circumcised. However, it is beneficial to both you and your partners.

21. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

It's called a preventative radical mastectomy and it's not something to make light of. Many women who have a hereditary breast cancer gene mutations, such as the BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation do this to avoid breast cancer. So they don't die. Not because they developed "huge honkers." Childish.

What if I told you or your parents that you'd have a far higher rate of penile cancer and your female partner would have a higher rate of cervical cancer. But, if we nip this little piece of foreskin off and then, when you're 15 give you one shot, the chances would be zero of you or your partner dying from these deadly cancers? Would you do it for your son and his future wife?

What if those women who must choose a preventative radical mastectomy had a choice of a little nip on the breast vs. having both breasts removed at age 40? What would they choose? What would you choose for your daughter? Well, if you have a circumcision and get the HPV vaccine your chances of penile cancer drop to nearly zero and, if your wife has the HPV vaccine, her chances of cervical cancer are zero. Now is it worth it or do you still want your foreskin?