Circumcision for my baby?

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by GammaRae, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

please leave him the way he was born unless it becomes medically necessary (which is very unlikely)

Mayvern and shoeless joe like this.
  3. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

It seems that if we were created/ evolved this way, why is it necessary for change?

1 person likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

As for those that said its babaric, have you ever wondered how painful childbirth is fo the kid. We hear about it from the mums cos they can verbalise it and can remember.

But as for the kid, being squished though the pelvic bone, then your first gasp of air though the lungs and at the same time you've got a whole bunch of nerve endings all around your body newly firing at once. But none of us remember it so we have no clue.

Imagine if you could experience it again with an adults consciousness and memory, only to find out it hurts like a mothefucker, like you and your lungs on fire....and a little snip to the overhang on your pee pee inconsequential relative to everything else - so basically we are all talking out of ou ass. Those first few breaths of air paticularly would be so painful.

Anyway, I'm so glad I was done, hygiene issues aside, cut ones look so much better. Or to put it another way, how many penis looking dildos do you see with a turtle neck

5. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

When the penis is erect, aesthetically, there is very little difference between the two.

1 person likes this.
  6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

circumcision is such a disgusting practice, who the hell came up with that wack shit, and nobody said, wtf?

Mayvern and shoeless joe like this.
  7. Hugh7

Hugh7 Guest

You just made that up. Nobody has any idea what childbirth feels like to a baby, but one thing is certain, we almost all did it, and have been for millions of years, so the mechanisms have evolved by which we can cope. Circumcision always takes a baby by surprise.

Watch a video of a circumcision being done and see if you can still describe it like that. First the foreskin must be torn away from the glans, to which it tightly adheres at birth. Then the top of the foreskin is slit to allow the Plastibell or Gomco to be inserted. Then it is crushed, either for long enough for the foreskin to be cut away, or until the foreskin dies and drops off.

Again, we all take them or we die, so the body must have mechanisms to enable it to bear that purely hypothetical pain.

Yes, the "hygiene issues" are so trivial, the great majority of men in the developed world - including many you admire, such as most European film and sports stars - don't set any store by them.

The great Renaissance artists disagreed with you, even putting foreskins back on David, John the Baptist and Jesus. If you'd grown up with one, you'd be more used to them and you'd like it because it was yours. No need to impose your taste on the whole world.

They're readily available outside the USA, despite being harder to make. The rolling action of the real thing is almost impossible to duplicate in available materials - another reason to value it.

1 person likes this.
  8. Hugh7

Hugh7 Guest

Yes, we call this the Adamant Father Syndrome.

With the US rate ~55% and falling, your son will have plenty of intact peers, and which would you rather have to tell him –
    “They’re different because their parents all had part cut off of theirs, but we didn’t”?
    Or
    “You’re different because we had part of yours cut off (so that you wouldn’t be different) – but theirs didn’t (so you are).”?

Where circumcision is not customary, and doctors are taught more about the foreskin than how to cut it off, the lifetime risk of ever needing to be circumcised is one in thousands. Just make sure nobody forecibly retracts it before it's ready.

9. ceasar augustus

ceasar augustus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

10. Hugh7

Hugh7 Guest

But you do have a prepuce, a close analogue of a male one. Would you let anyone cut that off you today? Would you be happy, knowing it as you now do, if it had been cut off you as a baby?

This is called phimosis, and it can be treated non-surgically or with other surgery than circumcision ("sliced"). So the (rare) problem was solved. How is this a reason to cut a normal, healthy, functional, non-renewing part off every baby - but only if he's male?

11. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

Any one with knowledge of Jewish, Christian, and Muslim writings understands that circumcision was only ever intended as a sign of the covenant between the sliver (Allah, Yahweh) and it's conscious the Hebrews. To try and argue against or for such an act in current understanding is pointless.

12. meeses

meeses Member

I think it is very selfish to get it done on your son for your own opinion on how it looks.Why not get some piercings done while at it as it is the style these days. I wish people would think before going ahead on such a decision. That being said, you should tell him that he doesn't know what it's like to be uncut and he shouldn't base his opinion on "looks". I'm not cut and glad I have all of it still. I am surprised that no one yet mentioned that the part you cut off is full of nerve endinings thus making sexual experiences better (from what I'm told and discussed with cut friends).Even a doctor will tell you that and will suggest against cutting the poor child.I just hope it sinks in......... Dead against it.

13. reggie88

reggie88 Members

I'm glad I was when I was born because I would have it done now other wise! And as far as others opion's I would not give a rats hind end
    But that's just me~ I'm not you and don't want to be, And vice versa!!!

14. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I wonder which way the OP and her partner decided on. I personally am against circumcision generally speaking. The only time I find it acceptable is when it actually needs to be done for medical reasons and all other options have failed to rectify the situation. I'm personally not circumcised and I'm happy to be the way I am. Cleaning my penis isn't a chore for me, and I don't have erection problems. One can be uncut and still be very hygienic. Conversely, one can be circumcised and still exercise poor hygiene.

Mayvern likes this.
  15. Laci

Laci Members

Just a female's perspective- I think a man's penis looks better and seems to feel better when circumcised.

I'm also a nursing assistant, and can tell you that when you get to be older (nursing home age), it's a lot easier to stay clean if circumcised. Not as likely to get urine, feces, or other bodily fluids under the skin. Not to mention bacteria grows a lot better in a dark, warm environment like that.

Many of the guys I know are happy that they had it done and it makes them feel more confident.

Sallymae and Pieceofmyheart like this.
  16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

while we're at it we should probably consider breast removal if it was a little girl (breast removal minimizes cancer risk and makes cleaning easier...also because she might devellop huge honkers and get teased at school)

Mayvern and sunshine186 like this.
  17. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

I doubt it. If you grew up in a natural state, you'd think it was the natural state. And it would be!

Any time this conversation takes place, everyone outside America must be thinking "Those crazy Americans, they keep finding ways to believe that circumcision is a good thing". Just remember all you pro-circumcision people, you may be simply unwilling to go beyond what you're used to seeing (and being). You're fine at convincing each other, but nobody else in the world is agreeing with you.

18. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Looks like a dick in a windsock. :dizzy2: Then add the two kiwi in the toe of panty hose behind it.

1 person likes this.
  19. I'm not circumcised. If you want my love, you have to love all of me, even my foreskin. To me a circumcised penis is just a plain old mutilated penis. Like if you had a flower and removed all the petals. Some girls want you to get circumcised because they really are insane and want males to feel disgraced and humiliated. They don't admit it, though. They just act like your penis isn't beautiful when it is.

Mayvern likes this.