cindy sheehan

Discussion in 'Protest' started by luna99, Aug 16, 2005.

1. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Why is it that Bush says he's meeting with the parents of some soldiers who were killed, but still refuses to meed Cindy Sheehan? How can he be such an asshole? What is he so afraid of, if he's so right? And why aren't people upset about this? It's obvious the parents he's meeting will have been screened so as not to ask tricky questions. Why are we Americans being so blind to this?

2. element7

element7 Random fool

Too true trippin. Another odd fact, while he's out posing in front of vets, a few miles away from his ranch they're shutting down the VA Hospital in Waco. Not all Americans are blind to the lies and smoke screens and that's why the protest outside the ranch keeps growing by the day. Recently there were some articles about '150' or so counter protesters over the weekend. lol, I counted about 8-10 and they left at night, couldn't hack camping out I guess.

3. da420

da420 Banned

He has already met with her, that is why.
    And just because I am a Libertarian does not mean I am a tool of the Libertarian party. I have the basic ideals of a libertarian. My beliefs differ slightly from some of the popular Libertarian ideals. But I do not think that this war is about imperialism, I don't view that providing freedom of electing your own leaders as imperialism. I do not think the war is only about providing this freedom to Iraqi's, or WMD's, or the such. I believe the war is just, but Bush's way about it is wrong. Nonetheless, This is a war that should have been waged during Clinton's administration so it could be done with. The Iraqi's gaining freedom should have been a reality some time ago.

4. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Those who feel so strongly about vandalising property of the protestors, counter-protesting etc. can simply enlist.

Let me say simply this - Iraq was NOT our problem and we should not be spending BILLIONS of dollars and hundreds of lives on something (a democracy in the Middle East) which nobody wants. Installing a puppet government there will NOT work out in the long run. And all this will do is drive up the price of oil which I think was the point.

5. element7

element7 Random fool

Bill Moyer Wears Protective Device To Bush's Monday Speech... Associated Press | Posted August 24, 2005 02:38 PM

[​IMG]
    AP/Douglas C. Pizac​

Bill Moyer, 73, wears a "Bullshit Protector" flap over his ear while President George W. Bush, on screen at rear, addresses the Veterans of Foreign Wars at their 106th convention Monday, Aug. 22, 2005, in Salt Lake City. Moyer served in Korea and Vietnam, and in the post- WWII occupation of Germany.

ha ha, just pulled that off the Peace House forum. That's greatness.

Couldn't agree more. That's been my standard rebuttal to the young and able from day one. More strongly so now than before considering there are guys who are now on their 3rd tour of duty with no end in sight. Many of them are being told " just one more month" at the end of every month. It's high time that those who support the war, in Cindy Sheehans words "put up or shut up".

(btw, sorry to hog this thread, but I've been going back and forth from the camps and have good friends there right now.)

6. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

nobody's jumping all over the families of dead soldiers who are coming with the pro-war people to crawford. again, don't be surprised.

7. da420

da420 Banned

^No shit, he is the president and is a very busy man. And yes that is a funny picture.

8. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

besides 1993, when did they bomb us over here?

9. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

If you believe that this war is just then you should go enlist in the Army or The Marine Corp.

10. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

well, during the whole whitewater period, people accused the clintons of killing a lot people. i'm not going to support either side, but the clintons, if by some chance those people were murdered, didn't directly murder them. it is the same for bush. he didn't kill anyone, but his action led to american soldiers being killed in iraq.

11. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

I doubt it. They had Abbie back then. [​IMG]

12. element7

element7 Random fool

Once again I ask why the pro-war peeps are on here instead of in Iraq? Once again, put up or shut-up. The catharsis surrounding Cindy Sheehan is one of bullshit removal. You say "He already met with her". WTF, so the president doesn't have time to answer some honest questions just down at the end of his driveway? No, he has to handpick an audience, kinda like a gameshow. He has to travel to other states via helicoptor (because he won't travel by car anymore, gee wonder why). He cut his vacation short as a direct response to all the protesters outside his 'green acres'. MF is on vacation in the middle of a WAR. Let's get that through thick skulls everywhere. WAR, WAR, WAR. The army and marines need you right now if you think it's so great. But, I'll digress and say you're just another couch potato, full of words, lacking in any real substance. Typical in "I'll let them DIE for me" kind of way. Oh yeah, btw, there's plenty of vets from this war right now that could give you a reality check, but I bet you'd just keep visiting the mall instead of putting your money where your mouth is.
    But I'm willing to be that you and your lil' buddies are full of hot air and shit. Talk talk talk. Give a marine a break instead of blowing bullshit. What's this 'we' crap. 'We' doesn't include you right now. Show some damn balls.

13. element7

element7 Random fool

No you're right. This is very real and civil. We honor the dead and don't disgrace them. There is no difference in my eyes between a crying mother standing over the grave of her child who spouts fox and one who want's to put an end to this senseless war. They both have lost their child. Some though, like the man that ran the crosses over can't seem to tell the difference between rhetoric and reality.

14. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Let see...what other country has a fully functional nuke program and has used chemical weapons to kill hundreds of thousands of people...hmm[​IMG]

If Saddam is such a bad guy because he might have had WMD and he has killed a bunch of people what does that make us?

15. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

wisconsinproject.org has some good info but you have to admit they are a little paranoid. There are many 'ifs', 'maybes', 'could have', 'were planning to', 'were in conceptual design stage' phrases on that site. They sound similar to mothers who are afraid to let their kids out of the house in fear of them getting run over by a car.

Some of their more recent reports have been funded by the Pentagon. They've also singled out Iran and Iraq in the past couple years with sub-sites devoted to those two countries but not others, many of which pose a much greater threat than Iran and Iraq.

They don't seem to address much all of the stockpiles of nuclear materials in the former Soviet Union that could have already been smuggled out.

16. da420

da420 Banned

Wow. You guys are so mature. I really think it's funny you guys use personal derogitory comments instead of facts or evidence to back up your argument. If I wanted to be in a war myself I would have enlisted, that's why there is volunteers, and if my country called on me I would not run like a coward I would join their purpose. But for now I will make money and pay taxes.

17. element7

element7 Random fool

Chicken... chicken... shite and some kind of bird.... what was that again?
    Ha, well can't help it, been looking at your buddies across the street all day,dinging bells, quoting biblical scriptures, blasting Rush aka big fat drug addict out of speakers, emphasis on day because they've yet to stay the night. Goes to grist I guess, lol, you guys crack me up. Pretty good for entertainment on a hot summers day though. At least you provide some comic relief. :)

18. da420

da420 Banned

The post above me is about the most ignorant post I have ever read. This guy thinks he knows me and even worse profiles me. It's funny actually, that someone could think he is so fucking smart when he is not. Typical liberal if you ask me, but who am I to say? I am agnostic, so why my "kind" would be reading biblical scriptures is beyond me. Rush Limbaugh is as big as a moron as Bush or any other Democratic or Republican figurehead out there, I just dislike him for other reasons than you. I am not a neo-con bible thumpin right winger you take me for. So you can bash me all you want, it really won't bother me, but just makes you look like an ignorant sheep. So stop being a tool, open your mind, and start thinking for yourself.

19. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Back too cindy sheehan :p :

I think the questions she asks are pretty standard and could be answered pretty quickly..But whats the point. The fact that she is asking subjective questions to a person who will not tell her what she wants to hear is pretty ridiculous.

20. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

She's the first soap opera I've seen in the U.S. video media that goes against the grain of Bush. I'm almost surprised that the U.S. media is even covering it. The last thing Bush wanted was a Terry Schiavo soap opera but on the wrong side of the fence.