Ciggs

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by meke81, May 16, 2007.

1. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

It's a project my film teacher started as when i was a freshmen. He's tracking probably around 15 students over the next 20 years to see where they go, what their lives are like and how this relates to smoking. He knows my entire drug history, smoking history, and just generally, everything there is to know about me. Yes, I signed a contract in the beginning saying I will participate each year and also to give him the rights to release the film whenever he wants. He got the idea from the 7-up documentaries where they filmed a group of Brittish kids at age 7 and then every 7 years after (14,21,28..). The whole film is just a project he wants to work on editing once he's retired and then release into film festivals. So yeah, look out for me 15 years from now... hahaha.

2. meke81

meke81 Member

i smoke cigars all the time though, nothing like a nice big dominican

3. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

i got burned by one of those when i was really drunk :(

o and you getting paid or anything for being in the documentry stella

4. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Black & Milds are cigars. They contain pipe tobacco and don't have a filter, so they are way worse for you, which is why I started smoking cigs. haha

5. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

arent you not supposed to inhale with cigars, so wouldnt that make cigs worse?

6. GrapeKrush

GrapeKrush Member

Ok do cigarillos count?

7. meke81

meke81 Member

you dont inhale cigars, so yes for your mouth they're probably equally as bad but thats not that big of a threat but ciggerettes r much worse for your lungs since u inhale them and they contain numerous amounts of poison

8. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I inhale them, and I used to smoke 25+ of them everyday at job corps out of boredom. I still smoke them on occasion, but only one every day at the most. I hype mine too, which is when you funnel all of the tobacco out, take the thin paper out of the inside, then pack the tobacco back down in there. It makes them taste better and hit harder.

9. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

I dont smoke cigs daily, but whenever i get my hands on 1 around the house ill snag it and smoke it. I got 1 right now im about to lite up out my window, its pooring out though so we will see how it works out.

10. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

never smoked a cig in my life.

11. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

yes, camel 99's in a hard pack.

I quit about once a week, usually tuesday, but by wednesday morning i'm buying a new pack... :(

12. slaterr

slaterr Member

ive taken 2 hits of a cigg ever
    ill never smoke them i think theyr discusting
    i smoke primetimes once in awhile but those dont count so

13. mortes

mortes Senior Member

I like clove cigs, but thats about it.

14. makesmomcry420

makesmomcry420 shlimazl

i smoke camel wides, i like the smoothness, and it calms me down when im stressed out, and if i have an out of control high it mellows it out (when i dont have xanax;))

15. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

no. Never plan to. Saw my grandma with oxygen tubes up her nose and a tank of oxygen next to her for years of her life, and decided i would never go that path. Ciggs are just a trap of big tobacco, a trap that "the man" sets. It's funny how many anarchists, punk rockers and hippies who are anti-government, big business, capitalism etc. pay HUGE amounts of their money and more importantly well being/vitality into the open pockets of these big businessmen,and think that somehow they're rebelling by doing so.

16. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

agreed

17. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

yeah but you could say the same thing about peace loving hippies supporting right wing militant drug cartels in latin america when they get stoned

or jack daniels, or any popular enjoyable products that evil people make or traffic.

i don't think people smoke to look cool, they smoke because they enjoy it and they keep smoking because they are addicted, that or they still enjoy it, for me it's a bit of both.

now the zippo lighter, that makes me look cool. :)

18. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Hmm, that's a misdirection. Not all of us smoke weed. I do, but I've talked to several people on here who don't. Um, yes I smoke both. I smoke cigarettes all day long. I chain them, lol. And I smoke pot a few times a day. BUT after every bowl or joint I smoke, I smoke a menthol, generally Newports, because it makes the full body highness get kicked up several notches. But I love those Marlbro Smooths. I used to smoke Marlbro Lights. Then I discovered menthols. When I was about 15, I discovered them. I had my first cigarette when I was 12. Now, I smoke Marlbro Smooths, Newports & KOOLS Filter Kings, :D I love cancer sticks.

19. slinkie

slinkie Member

Aside from smoking out of a blunt paper once, I have never smoked tobacco a day in my life. Nor do I ever plan to.

20. cuimilt na gcos

cuimilt na gcos Member

I started smoking cigarettes after I started smoking pot, 'cause I loved I extra boost you got when you sparked a cigarette after a bowl (not to mention the nice cigarette buzz you get when you don't smoke them often).

Three years later, I hate it, but I enjoy it at the same time. I guess when you're up to a pack a day, every once and awhile you feel like a complete jackass for ever starting. LOL