ciculation

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by ace420, Aug 20, 2005.

1. ace420

ace420 Member

i am soon constructing a new grow room and was wondering if air circulation needs to be drwn from an outdoor space or if just being drawn from another room in the basement is fine

i also was wondering what the maximum number of plants i could grow in a 9 by 8 room if i have a seperate room for cloning and vegging

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

9' x 8' x ?

3. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

If it's at least 5', do this: Use a light-tight partition to make 1 chamber 5' x 4', another that's 3' x 4'. Hang a 600-watt HPS in the smaller room, put a dozen 3-gal planters in there. Use 24/0 light.
    When 15" tall, put them into the bigger room under two 600-watt HPS, timer set at 12/12.

Even better, take a clone off each plant in the smaller room when they're 8" tall, root the clones and sex them in the big room while the donor's are still in veg, toss the males and make more clones off the known females, for a never-ending supply of girls..

4. ace420

ace420 Member

thanx for the input. the room is 9 by 8 by 8. i have another room in adifferent part of the basement for veg and clone. so how many flowering plants can i grow in the 9 by 8 by 8 room and how many watts of light will i need if i am using a stationary lighting system. thanx again!!!

5. ace420

ace420 Member

the veg and clone room is 6 by 3 is this big enough to supply the flowering room and how much light is needed. also i heard fluorescent light is sufficient for vegging clones any truth to this?

6. grouchy_old_dude

grouchy_old_dude Member

9x8=72 sq/ft
    72 sq/ft @ 50 watts p/sq = 3600 watts
    S.O.G at 1 sq/ft per plant=72 plants