Cicadas they're baaaack *ugh*

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, May 17, 2013.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The big swarm coming this year will only be found as far down as NC, but they're found all over the east coast. I see or hear them almost every year here.

I just started seeing stink bugs here for the first time last year. One landed on me outside my work and I swatted it away, went inside, and spent the next hour trying to figure out what the hell that smell was

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Ewww and what state do you live in? They are everywhere here. My old place was infested with them. I had to learn all kinds of things to get rid of them (dawn dish detergent plus bleach plus water keeps them off your doors and windows, etc) and yes, god, ive smelled them too many times... try smelling one STRONG and looking around for 5 mins not being able to find it until you finally for some reason look on your armpit and there it is. UGH.

I HATE THESE BUGS!!! They are loud too and fly at you when you're just sitting on the couch. They are evil here...always tryin to get inside.

*deep breathe* I don't wish these bugs on anyone.
    Even my cats (well, I only have one cat left but I had three at one time that ran into them) hate them and wont mess with them. They killed one once and learned...

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

my very first video on youtube was a stinkbug..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1YqZwwRTJ0"]001 - YouTube

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I almost couldn't watch that.

(and certainly I wouldn't have been there filming it. I'da been in the next room getting myself outta a panic attack and finding a coffee canister and working up the courage to go trap the fucker in it)

5. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

You sound country Orison

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I live in SC. Where are you? edit: nevermind, it clearly says you live in PA. haha that sounds intense, they're not that bad here. I see one or two every few days but I haven't seen any inside yet.

We have a problem with earwigs...

[​IMG]

fucking creepy things. they live in the dirt at the bottom of my flowerpots and whenever I lift the pots a bunch of them come crawling out...uughgghghgh

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

there was sound on it?

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

what you mean, like this??,.. :p

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

ew yea we have earwigs here too but I cant say a lot of them. I just see one or two a year when I sweep under the fridge.
    we get those long (many) legged bugs tho.. yuck..whatever you wanna call them cenipedes, millipedes..idk

oh and the stinkbugs... once you start seeing them I can almost guarantee there will before too long be many more, as they have no natural predator's.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Right on. Pretty much.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

get yourself some duct tape and put it on a stick the sticky end out. then you can catch them , and kill them with pleasure.. :D

12. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

We don't ever have swarms of them here. But they do get loud. We have the black ones with the tuxedos.

Here's a translation (in case you were wondering what all the noise is about):

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, ZT, ZT, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. ZT, ZT, ZT, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT..

Means: "I'm horny!" :D

13. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

My older brother used to call cicadas 'buzzit-buzzits' when he was little. :2thumbsup:
    I hate them, too.
    Those stinkbugs sound AWFUL, I am SO glad we don't have those in NZ!

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

:)

15. Justin_Hale

Crabs, shrimp, and lobsters are also Arthropods (bugs).

Pass me the tartar sauce.

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Ew yea I heard on... was the the daily show or colbert report? Im not sure which one but yea, i heard about the UN basically saying we should eat bugs and I will say that, yea, bugs can provide lots of protein and nutrition but I'll be damned if anyone can get me to eat a stinkbug!!

17. ThePepsiSyndrome

ThePepsiSyndrome Member

[​IMG]

I can't wait.

18. Justin_Hale

They have a strong grip. One landed on my shirt one time.

I like 'em, but I wouldn't eat one. They're too cool to eat.

Something about those eyes, lol.

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

See, THAT is ugly.

20. Inkedsolace

Inkedsolace Member

I'm dying to see one!