Church of the Good Earth 1963 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Church of the Good Earth' started by shameless_heifer, Aug 18, 2005.

1. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Hello Mizzy, welcome to our Hole in the Wall ( an inside joke)

I use to hitch rides all over in my youth... only two bad happenings out of hundreds.. I wouldn't do it today bc of the crazies out there.

bright blessings

1 person likes this.
  2. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

Hi Cakes, I'm very glad that you are back and around. Nice to see you. Love Love Love and I'm praying for Linn real hard, and also for you. I believe that that will end up being better than expected. Hope that you stay around here. Love you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Scorpio Kenny

To everyone

Shameless' computer is fried. Lightening hit her farm house. They're OK. We called her. She won't be here for a while.

4. Scorpio Kenny

Don't know what's happening in this space. Mary, the founder, got her computer blown up but now she's back on-line and she's not here. Don't know what's up with that.

I'm here.

This thread is a great read. It's like a novel. If you're a reader, please enjoy.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hello, Kenny. :rockon:

6. Scorpio Kenny

Hi, Aerianne
    How's your summer going? How are you? How's your man? How's the Fam?

7. Scorpio Kenny

How are the CATS?

Do you have enough cats to put on a production of the musical? Cats.

8. Aerianne

God, yes!!!!

They are great.

9. Scorpio Kenny

Laughing to death. "God, yes!!!!"

Cool. Glad everyone's great.

1 person likes this.
  10. Aerianne

Thanks, Kenny.

I hope you're well.

11. shameless_heifer

well, lets see if I can type.. yay.. ok.. my pc is still not right in the head. It freezes up and wont let me type or post what I have managed to type.

It's very frustrating that I can't get my thoughts out. I have so much to say..lol.

Lynn and myself are doing well, after surviving hospitals, doctors and their poison meds. I will spare you the gruesome details.

Our garden was thriving with all the rain this Spring. Right in the middle of it Lynn had surgery and the garden kinda went a bit wild. Our long time friend Vincent came by and I asked him if he would help get the taters and onions dug before the next storm that was due the next day.

Of course Vincent was glad to help as we had helped each other over a 30 year span.

Vincent was raised in the Jungles of Honduras. He never saw the inside of a school house or a hospital. He got his education from watching and listening to others. He learned from the many animals that inhabited the jungle and he could climb a tree like a Spider Monkey. He said he didn't have a pair of real shoes until he was 10 years old and had to get some to go live with his uncle in the village, his mother could not provide for him. He was a good and true friend and still is. We are blessed to call him brother.

And so, Vincent dug the taters and onions and of course took a bucket load home. We all ate well that night. It was kinda special when ya think about it bc this table was set with love and kindness. A kind of sharing only farmers understand. And YES, I had to ask Vincent to help bc my hublilicious was too proud to ask it for himself. He could be laying under a 2 ton tree and would try to cut himself loose before he'd holler fer help. My Macho Man..lol

The next day after the tater diggin' there came a wind like no bodies business, howl it did, like a banshee in the darkness of the night, it made the hair on the back of your neck stand up every time it would flash an electric shockwave through your bones and the BOOM, BOOM, BOOM of the thunderheads that exploded over us like the Guns Of Navaron.

The loudness of the thunder along with the howling wind made for a long intense night, sleeplessly with the covers drawn up to my chin. I think I may have ever screamed once or twice. You'd have to have been witness to an East Texas Thunder Storm before to really appreciate how threatening one can sound and behave. I have been thrown out of bed by Texas Thunder before, I ran screaming into my parents room with both kids in tow, looking for my daddy to save us. I was in my 30s..lol He chuckled at me for being a girl.

Needless to say ( but I will say it anyway ) Lynn slept through it all, even my screams did not wake him. Man, I wish I could sleep that hard. I can hear a Lizard leap from 100 yards, when I try to sleep. It's like when my head hits the pillow, my mind goes to work trying to solve the worlds problems. I have excellent ideas but no one will listen to them :O

After another sleepless night being terrorized by Mother Nature, I arose at a quarter till three, as the storm raged, who could sleep though all this banging and clattering, LYNN!.
    I say that as the old Cow Bell I had hanging on the deck, went tumbling through the air like a Flying Wallinda , clang, clang, clanging as it did a triple summersault and landed in the Coral Honeysuckle tendrils that had overtaken the lattice around the deck.

I stared into the darkness only to be shaken by the flash of the lightening that danced through the night on the wicked tail of the wind. My mind blown by it's force, CREEEKKKK, CRASHhhhhh, WTF!! Damn!?! must be a tree down in the back yard, still too dark to see as I peered out the window in the kitchen.

( to be continued )

1 person likes this.
  12. shameless_heifer

good thing I posted the top part when I did, bc I was just typing away, continuing the story and I lost the page, lost about four paragraphs when the page came back up.. bummer.. that is what has been happening and why I haven't been able to post lately.

So, to continue:

As the Sun Rose it gave all the black clouds a silver lining, like it was containing the thunder and had lassoed the lightening, like Pacos Bill.
    I could hear Lynn stirring as he lumbered into the kitchen getting his favorite cowboy's cup and filling it up. He walked slowly to the windows that lined the back of the house for a spactacular view of the backside of the property.

The Sun's Rays dappled through the trees behind our place sent an eerie glow through the black and silver clouds reflecting where the tall corn once stood in the field. Now an empty space to the naked eye. Lynn's face changed as he assessed the damage from the storm he had slept through. The room got still when he saw the huge tree limb that busted off the Japanese Maple by the storage building, he kinda grabbed at his surgery incision. He was not looking forward to firing up his chainsaw, or doing anything for that matter.

Lynn refilled his cup and put on his shoes and walk out towards the garden. I could tell by the slump in his shoulders as he walked back into the house, that it was not good news., The TV came back on as the electricity returned and the news was reporting on the damage the storm had caused during the night. We were both sitting down as a crash of lightening came in through the window and shit started blowing the fuck up.

The phones exploded and the phone jack blew out of the wall into pieces, shooting flames out a foot long between me and Lynn's chairs. The smell of burning plastic filled the room. then all hell broke loose. Lightening blots were striking all around us, the thunder rattling the windows and shaking the floor. The whole house felt like it was about to take off to OZ as we were both frozen in our tracks wondering which way to run, with neither of us being able to run bc of our surgeries.

We struggled to unplug everything before the next bout. and then just hung on for dear life as the storm raged outside our windows beating like an Indian's drum.

Now, mind you, we have been through storms before and they are all pretty ricous, we are no strangers to the rath of East Texas Thunderstorms. But we never have had flames shooting out of the wall tho'. You want to see some old fuckers move.. HA! Shoot flames at em' they'll move.

The news on the garden was not good, took out the corn and tomatoes, they are the tallest plants and got hit with then wind. Tore up the pea patch pretty bad too. The cucs managed to survive bc they are low growing plants and Lynn was able to stand most of the tomatoes back up bc they were in cages, but they never did come back all the way. No melons either.. IDK why, maybe just pissed them off.

Well, the Sun is up, Lynn is up and I lost too much of my story to keep it interesting.

I hope everyone is doing well and are happy.

Bright Blessings SH

1 person likes this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You guys take care...

14. cancer carolyn

cancer carolyn Members

Hi,
    I am Carolyn - Long ago it was me and Larry, Taurus Larry, Bull . I was 15 years old then.
    I have read some of this forum its really cool ! Yeah words do not describe.
    Some things that have happened to some of you allI have heard about from Bonnie, or from Mouse.
    I would like very much to speak together with Wild Bill.
    Yeah Spud really
    Reading this from some of you feels pretty significant to me-
    I moved to the Haight St. house next to the Hole in the Wall -over the leather work shop and the HEad shop.
    I had my 15th birthday there in the plywood box room on the back porch under Acid Bob's loft room.
    initially I came to Cole St. because I had fallen in love with Pieces Bob and he told me to come live with him. When I got there he dumped me, I had no where to go. Sitting in the kitchen of Cole St. with Sag. Diane -she hooked me up with a room. LIbra Diane lived there then. Sunshine moved in way after. That there was during the beginning for me, of my getting it together adult life.
    Wild Bill get in touch with me O.K. naturescarolyn@yahoo.com

1 person likes this.
  15. shameless_heifer

Hi Carolyn, Nailcakes here. I sent a message to Wild Bill, I gave him your email addy.

Welcome Home

Grab a seat, or rent a room, whatever you need.. lunch is at 12:00

1 person likes this.
  16. shameless_heifer

Good Mornin' Ty we are well thanks you, hope you are too.

I'm making muscadine jelly this am. Did two batches yesterday, doing maybe two today plus black berry too.. Hubilicious pick me some while he was mowing his mamma's place. The muscadine jelly is a nice bright pink and my great grand daughter is gonna flip out.. she loves pink.

Ya can't buy this stuff in stores.

Have a happy day my friend

17. shameless_heifer

Kenny my dearest, so glad you are still holding things together here. Couldn't do it without you. Thanks for all you do my brother.. love, love, love

18. cancer carolyn

cancer carolyn Members

Nail Cakes hi !
    I believe I know who you are. It is still fuzzy trying to narrow it in. Thank you so much for sending to Bill !
    i feel welcome ! I need to come home !

2 people like this.
  19. shameless_heifer

Carolyn, We all need some place where we feel at home, and who else better to be at home with, your brothers and sisters from the ole gang. The Family. I am in touch with Bonnie if ya want me to float her a message and Spud too.

I lived at Underhouse. I was the only female, full time resident. Ya had to be able to hang with the rowdies to live at Underhouse. We were the Warriors, we took care of the heavies that tried to infiltrate. I suppose you could call us the biker aspect of hippie culture. The ones that protected the yogis and the peacefreeks that were preyed upon.

We tried to be peaceful and we were, but ya didn't mess with Underhouse folks. It could get dangerous.

In reality, we were all so young and beautiful. Our fresh minds full of wonder and idealism. Wanting to change the world with hearts full of longing to find that place, that place where you were accepted, not bc of what you had or who your family was, but, for who you are where your heart is at, you hopes and dreams to make a difference and to help those in need. To protect the innocent from corruption.

Our own little village of misfits looking for someplace groovie to create . Where you could be yourself without judgment, well, to a point, like the old saying goes : Do what thy will, but harm none. We had rules, and we had elders (council ) that conducted investigation of any wrong doings., not just any psycho could join up, ya had to be a special kinda psycho to assimilate into themselves.

2 people like this.
  20. cancer carolyn

cancer carolyn Members

Hey Super ,
    You are a wonderful writer.
    Thank you for writing to me.
    I remember the Underhouse, !!! Really enjoyed your story about it !
    Cause I am sure its been like 45 years at least.
    Yes well misfits, psychos, and by the same token of fact= genius, courageous folks who inherently knew living their truth was the thing to do ! We had tons of hormones loved to party , we were movers and shakers and part of -
    Well we were a huge working, product, of the times. What great times they were. Quite a lot to feel grateful for.
    I was just a kid.

1 person likes this.