Church of the Good Earth 1963 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Church of the Good Earth' started by shameless_heifer, Aug 18, 2005.

1. jehene

jehene Member

i am so happy to hear from u...but im wondering if this jerry guy is the same one i knew summer of 71?..i was only at Ge from june 71 to august 71.. the jerry i knew was tall and thin.. i lost lots of weight and wore his pants.. size 28 waist ....so he was thinnn.. he had curly auburnish hair and was into making great jewelry..i had these great earrings i brought home that he made for me.. the jerry u speak of does not sound like the same man i knew...perplexed i am...if i recall he said his real name wss richard S. from warren ohio,, dad was a trucker.. i heard that he died in front of the de young museum and it was in the newspaper.. so pleasssee let me know ,,im confused,, hope the man i knew did noi do what that jerry did..and anyways.. id love to know if u know where kathy B and rini and pisces patty is..woowo..marty remembers me? i wish i remembered her and of coooourseeee you

2. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

It was NOT the same Jerry, Jehene. This jerry was way short and not a nice person.. I did not mean to confuse you dear.. and you Dont remember Me...lol.. ohh well.. I'm a little suprized most everyone in GE knew me.. Do you remember Nailcakes or Cakes.

I think Patty may be in Oregon, I will check with Spud, or Ranger should know he's there at Mousemans with Rita now. Maybe Reni is up there too. Mama Kitten is in LA somewhere, Eden told me she was in touch with mama Cat but that neither one of them had a PC so it would be hard to connect.

I think Ranger n Rita talk to Eden, I will ask them to have Kitten call me or something. I would love to talk to her, she had two girls Kisha and I for get the babys name. Of course they are no babies anymore.

Brightest Blessing
    sh

3. jehene

jehene Member

huggg S_H so glad my friend jerry was n0ot that awful man..hugg... i was feeling bad that i knew someone who hurt your dear sissy... hug... if u were there when i was there then we more than likeely remmber each other.. time will tell as we continue to talk..rini had blondish hair..pisces patti had brown hair.. rini ws jack cassidy's girl,,of the rock band.. jefferson airplane...so our house on oak st..is the addy 1915 oak?i loked it up on www.zillow.com..its awesome to look at san francisco this way..

4. jehene

jehene Member

hello just thinking abbout how my family is... lol.. still am amazed i found you.. hugggg

5. shameless_heifer

Hey Jehene,
    Glad to see you again. I just got word from Ranger, that him and Rita are on their way down here from Mouseman's in Oregon. I haven't seen them in over 25 yrs. It will be so cool them staying with us for a while.

I hope you are well and happy sweetie
    Brightest Blessings
    sh

6. jehene

jehene Member

wow i bet that is exciting that ranger and rita coming to visit.. i sure would be excited if i could vsit with friends from those days.. hey! u find anything out about kathy boyce from pasadena.. she wa my best friend bac then..i recall she ws a pisces and lived in another house.. i went there but forgot where it ws..she is the one who wrote me to tell me that jerrydied.. received the letter on new years eve,, not a very happy n ew yers eve to say the least..peace S_H..just put in seeds for my butterfly and hummingbird garden..bought the house last june1.. so we are new to all this..huggggg

7. wlzev

wlzev Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hello Mouseman, Leo Ron, Spacey, Kitten, Cyril, and all those whose names are swirling in my brain. You knew me as Bill, Zih-ave or ZEV Wexler. I lived at 1915 Cole Street at first in the communal room upstairs and then, with my Nancy, on the 2nd floor and then the basement (or vice versa) and had a Blue Econoline van and then, when I lived on Cole up the hill (near Maudes/The Study) a Camaro & MG. I played music, fixed cars, did electrical work, and moved furniture. Was with the family off and on from I don't know when to August 1974 ( some 3-5 years). Miss all. They were not all good times (though most were) but they are in my head as if they were yesterday. See!! Only my short term memories were affected. Love to hear from those who remember me. Some things have changed but much has not. Check out my webpage at wlzev.com and give a holler. OM
    W.L. "ZEV"

8. wlzev

NO better acid the Owsley's. Hi Ranger. Don't know if you remeber me but I still have the erotic clay bongs that your then old lady made. I think Darryl (who made deer horn pipes) was one model. I can't remember then name of the Black girl who modeled the other. YOU knew me as Zih-ave and my brother Mark called me Billy. I played Keyboard and flute, fixed cars and moved furniture.it's been a long time and sometimes seems like yesterday. My thread I put in before tells you more about me or you can look on wlzev.com.
    Peace out
    W.L. "ZEV" Wexler

Web Page: http://www.wlzev.com

9. shameless_heifer

Hey ZEV,

Glad you could make it.

We lost Cyril to a heart attack several yrs ago. Stacy hasn't been heard from in over 25 yrs. Kitten is living in The City somewhere but doesn't have a PC.

If I'm not mistaken Leo Ron is no longer with us either.

Mouseman is living in Eugene as is Spud. Wild Bill is in LA or Belgium.

I'm Nailcakes and I'm living in texas onna farm with my wonderful hubby Lynn.

Ranger and Rita were here for a few weeks and left for parts unkown.

Shills is living in Tennesse with his wife.

Diane is living in LA she came to see me in January. We had a glorious visit, waiting for her to visit again.

Taurus Barbara is a famous writer and is living in Laguna. She is also re-coperating from a double liver transplant from Hep-C. (send prayers).

Brenerd and Judy are living in NY, Shills visited them and Count there and said he saw Jimmy Painter, who is a truckdriver now as is Brenerd and Shills.

I am slowly finding a lot of 'Family' here lately. It makes my heart glad to see everyone who is still with us.

Brightest Blessings to all our Brothers and Sisters
    sh

10. wlzev

Every time you mention the names of differnet family members, memories keep flooding in. The ranch up in oregon in the bUmpqua foest., Canyonville. swimming and sunbathing down byt the river. Bringing a "borrowed/donated municiopal irrigation system up to the ranch. The Cat Mother music party up by Russian River. Being higher than Mt.Tam on Mt. Tam. The Dead in Golden Gate Park. Jamming with Osceola on the Road. And my motto. "Flashbacks are just free trips so don't complain." Stay well all and get in touch.
    Love
    ZEV Wexler

11. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys?

Strike a Match and Light AnotherBy Cat Mother and the All Night News BoysOn Albion Doo-Wah, 1970Written by Jay Ungar

In the first days of this country when the buffalo roamed the land
    All the saddle tramps and cowboys used to roll their own by hand
    Well they'd swing up to the saddle on their ass or on their horse
    And recite a little ditty that went like this of course
    When your feet are in the stirrups and your ass is on the ground
    Cause the grass that he's been eating is the finest stuff around
    Well let us not remember boys and let us not forget
    Strike a match and light another marijuana cigarette
    Ah you have heard of evil and you've heard of misery
    And you heard of Richard Nixon but you haven't heard of me
    You may think they go together and you may think that they do not
    But there ain't much you'll be thinking once you've started smoking pot
    Well you can smoke it, you can eat it, you can mix it with your beer
    You can hang it on the wall and you can hang it in your ear
    And if you've got the notion, and if he's got the class
    You can shove it in your feedbag and feed it to your ass

1 person likes this.
  12. jehene

jehene Member

hey all! I remember 2 parties summer of 71

one was held at the cow palace..HOT TUNA played..a photographer came and took a picture of many of us at the oak st. house..the poster was used for advertisement..i remember hanging out the window in the backyard..many of us were doing the same..if anyone has that poster..please let me know
    Id love to buy it!!!
    another party had all of us drive up the coast to mendocino..it was on someones land and was on the ocean...IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY played for us for free..

i would love if taurus barbara's real name ws given so i can read her book..

13. wlzev

14. shameless_heifer

Mouseman has that poster up n Eugene.
    sh

15. jehene

jehene Member

hello all.. im glad its been saved.. the poster would be great if someone would send it to me.. if possible..send me a private email and we can make arrangements?.. can it be copied?.. whatever has to be done ill do.. smiles..

S_H.. hi again.. smiles.. any new news about the festival u were planning? how was the visit by everone from eugene/ that had to be a great reunion..

i was thinking..S_H you said everyone knew you.. mAYBE I DID AS WEL.. BUT MY MEMORY NOT AS IT once was.. smile

16. shameless_heifer

Jehene,
    I do not believe that the poster will ever leave Mouseman's posession. Ranger said that it couldn't be copied bc it would fall apart.. Perhaps someone could paint a portrat of it and make prints of and distribute to the Family.

The reunion was wonderful and brought back a lot of old memories to us all. Unfoutunatly Rita had a cat and I'm very allergic to cats and ended up in the ER, needless to say they had to cut their visit short and hopefull will find a place to land.

We most likely have met Jehene. Probably at one of the Family Meetings, or at Panhandle Park at the Day Care or the Food Conspiricy or maybe the Recycling Center on Haight St. by Love Burgers or at the Good Earth Head Shop by the Straight Theater.

I know all the people you mentioned so we had to have crossed paths at one time or the other.

Brightest Blessings
    sh

17. jehene

jehene Member

S_H.. i ate my lunch on the panhandle that i got on haight.. fish and chips in newspaper.. with vinegar.. yumm///

i worked at the recycling center..remember 1 family meeting at the hungry eye..

i lived with jerry.. the man who died in front of the de young museum..dec 71

i left to go bac to cleveland in aug 71..

i remember kitten and darryl,, i babysat their daughter ronnie who was 5 that summer of 71 and i also babysat mariannes daughter who was age 8 that summer..i do not remember your son..

where were u living that summer of 71?.. shanti..means peace in indian

18. wlzev

Do any of you remember the band "Osceola"? It was sort of hooked, in a loose way, to the Family. Does anybody know what happened to Ron & Reggie and their daugher. Or Whitey. And I'm tryng to remeber the the name of the tall thin guy with a long dark beard who had a trike and was a great woodwroker/carpenter ( built a porch back in Canada with just a mallet and a chisel. He alsways talked about putting a little blood into your work. Very deep and mystical while he shaped the wood.

19. shameless_heifer

Merry Meet again Zev,

Osceola was kinda our sig band, them and Big Brother and The Holding Company, (heh heh) did ya ever trip on the THC initials.

Osceola play regularly at the bar there on Haight St between Cole and Clayton, I can't remember the name tho. I got into kind of a tussle there once.

20. wlzev

The only fights I had out there were with KId. Th first time I put him away and the 2nd time (when I decided that one brother shouldn't beat on another) and He beat the crap out of me. I jammed one or 2 nights with Osceola and Played with David LaFlame( from It's a Beautiful Day), A soul/Rythm & blues group in Oakland, a cover band in SF and an Orginal basment band called Sparky. I did one benefit for the Playpus party on Cole Street. I thnk it was summer of 1971.