Chronic pain how many a day?(Meds)

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by jjg1217, Jun 5, 2006.

1. jjg1217

jjg1217 Member

I get HA/Migraines everyday and take 6 20mg oxycontin and 2-4 7.5 hydrocondone does anyone else have pain and what do you take for it?

2. astroneurologist

astroneurologist Member

Sounds like you've built up a big tolerance to opioids. Do you take any other pain medication, i.e. NSAIDS. any anti-migraine drugs, such as beta-blockers or triptans?

3. jjg1217

jjg1217 Member

yes i have tried them all and if any thing new comes out i try that but i left to take these opioids

4. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

Oxycotin for migraines???

5. GiJoe911

GiJoe911 Member

I have been on pain control medication now for just over a year and a half, I was first on a morphine implant pump that was surgically implanted just under my right armpit, I had to have it removed do to complications with the equipment.

Now I am taking 10mg Oxycontin two tablets three times a day, 5mg/500mg Vicodin / Hydrocodone Bitartrate & Acetaminophen tablets, 2 to 3 tablets three to four times a day as needed. These are the short term pain management meds I take

I also take 100mcg /per hour Fentanyl (Duragesic) patches these are a patch that last for 3 days that is a constant pain killer (fentanyl is syntactic morphine about 10,000 times stronger then pure morphine) , 200mcg Fentanyl lollipops 1 to 2 as needed per day (Actiq oral Transmucosal fentanyl citrate) these are the coolest medication I have ever seen, the fentanyl lollipops are basically a fruit flavor candy narcotic that is fast acting it kicks in about 3 mins you just suck on them in your mouth and last about 1 hour, Zolpidem (Ambien) (for sleep) each month.

The reason I take all these wonderful narcotics are due to injures I recived while in the US Army deployed to Afghanistan where I was shoot 3 times and still have a 7.62 x 39mm bullet lodged against my lower spine in the T-1 area. I highly recommend the Fentanyl patches to anyone on long term pain management. They are costly but well worth it.