Christmas Cards

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by ZenKarma, Dec 14, 2017.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Who sends Christmas Cards? I went to WalMart the other day and noticed they no longer have an entire aisle in the 'holiday' section filled with boxed sets of holiday cards.

Where did they go?

Who still sends Christmas cards anymore? (Besides me that is.)

Fortunately I have a stash of cards I've collected from my world travels, unused and forlorn in the drawer in my office. So I cracked the drawer open, and in the revealing light of the day found some gems, enough to cover family and friends this year...

And yes, BTW - MERRY CHRISTMAS to all - and to the others, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

GLENGLEN and Lynnbrown like this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I get one from my cousin every year. She's one of those superbly classy and thoughtful individuals who makes all women jealous of her poise

I am not that type of person. I am a shop on Dec 23rd and completely forget about doing cards at all until Dec 26th type of person

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. ~Zen~

I am not one of those well-poised people, and have sent cards after Christmas many times in the past... work was always so busy during the season there was simply no time for that.

Meliai likes this.
  4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I leave Jane to send all my cards. She even ends up sending a few to people who she has never met. LOL

ZenKarma likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

This year I found a couple good ones by Hallmark for $.99! That's pretty good for Hallmark. They weren't anything too wild though, but they had nice pictures and sentiments. And I figure it's more the thought that counts anyhow. :)

ZenKarma likes this.
  6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'll include a card with a gift sometimes. Or if I'm doing something classes like money or a gift card, I'll put that in a card.

But this mandatory send out cards to everyone you know stuff? Nah. Because when I'm on the receiving end of that and I realize that I received the came card as 40 other people, I just kinda feel...meh. I'd feel bad if I tossed it right in the trash, but that's what I want to do. The mass Christmas card mail out is the Christmas equivalent to junk mail. Why do that to people?

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I send one back if I get one. I don't send them to people I'm going to see during the holidays but I do send them to a few far away friends and family.

Decorating with Christmas cards use to be a big deal. My mother would get lots and lots back in the day.

ZenKarma likes this.
  8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

upload_2017-12-14_17-49-31.png

GLENGLEN and ZenKarma like this.
  9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Or should that be: upload_2017-12-14_18-7-49.png

Just kidding.

ZenKarma likes this.
  10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Remember Elaine's nipple Christmas card?

ZenKarma and Lynnbrown like this.
  11. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, sometimes I will, if I am not going to see the person, but usually, I will include a card with the gift or gifts I am giving. No, I don't send hoards of them out.....

However, I have always collected greeting cards from rummage sales and odd places I would find them....antique ones...and I am always looking in the greeting card section everywhere I go, as cards can be little works of art that I like to collect...and i will buy some here and there for the full $8.00 price and higher and collect them, as they are so beautiful....and I have many cards to choose from my collection of many years to include as a gift in its own right at times.....

and I won't write in them, as they are worth more unwritten in, but I will include a pretty piece of paper or onion skin paper to write my own message on and include that inside the card..

and if i really love someone, I will paint a card with my own art for them, at times.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    ZenKarma likes this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i send no cards. i receive a couple.

13. ~Zen~

Now that's a good idea. I have a bunch of unused ones from around the world... next year I will start using more of them. I do hate sending the SAME card to everyone... and don't make a big deal of it. Sometimes I'll send one to an old friend from the past to just poke their memory. Family always gets card.. way too many to send gifts to everyone, I'd need to win the lottery or rob a bank to do that! Cards are a cheap substitute for me... call me Scrooge if you want :)

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't do cards.

ZenKarma likes this.
  15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Did Cards For Years......Sometimes Receiving And Sending up To 50 Or More.......

Then After Time They Started To Slow Down......Maybe People Just Moved On From

The Whole Card Thing.......Or Maybe Steadily Increasing Postal Charges

Compounded That......I Must Say I Miss Them.....:disappointed:

Cheers Glen.

ZenKarma likes this.