christians etc.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by wiggy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

whays JWS MEANS?

2. Zajko

Zajko Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Astounding that 1 in 5 people know this fact! I must be one of the 4 in 5 who think Salt Lake City is in Utah.

3. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Zajko

Welldone...10 pt's for proving a fact

Did you know Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
    Was originally the home of ICBM's?

Occam

4. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

ok i dont think what you people are talking about has much to do with my thread, answer the questions and maybe you might make more sense xxx

5. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Brother

Occam answered U before any.. the second post.

He asked you to decide based on what reason dictates.
    Which is ..to
    IGNOR THE BLEATING.
    the poor me.
    Of others and yourself.

Reality takes no prisoners.
    It cannot. It is not a plan. it is an enviroment.

Only a fool curses a storm.

Occam

6. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

right dude i dont mean to piss you off or anything, but i have no idea what you are going on about, so i think i will leave to your own devises, ohh and im not a brother im a sister

7. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Wiggy

What occam is on about is what you asked in your 1st post.
    You asked why people could not decide for themselves what to believe.

And the answer/resolution is all that occam offered.

Occam

8. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

yes ok cool, but i think the way you write stuff it a bit confusing, but anyway im surprised that there has only been like 6 different on this thread.

9. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

wiggy

Only to occam. ;)

As to the number of responses.

It's becuae this forum is about agnosticism.
    Which is a POST RELIGION EVENT.

Agnostic is nothing occam ever decided to be. It is a symptom of understanding.

Occam

10. hug a bahaii today

hug a bahaii today Member

well wiggy, first of all - anyone who gets pissed off at someone for asking them questions about religion is a fool because the whole idea of religion to me is that it offers a place is to ask questions - and keep asking them! so don't worry about making someone mad here - one can only hope that a religion forum is a safe place to ask anything...:)

i was brought up as a baha'i - a smallish religion and relatively new (in religious standards i geuss) our whole deal is unity of mankind and unity of religion - search and learn about all of the beliefs in the world and understand that most of the recognized world religions teach many of the same principles - and where they differ usually lies in their "correctness" or someone else being wrong - if you are willing to embrace the world and understand that all mankind is here together trying to fumble their way through an existence which is fundamentally larger than themselves - you will be able to take the teaching offered as a learning experience...
    i go to a baptist university - and i find myself outraged sometimes by the way some of my peers can so easily say that i will burn in hell for believing that they may be absolutely right in their beliefs - but that they're not the only ones who are.... it's a tough riddle to figure out sometimes but i think the meat of what's important is in the ride there - not the end of the road....if you know what i mean...

peace all,

11. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

the whole religon in school is dumb, school are supposed to teach facts, religion hasn't been a proven fact. Science has, not the whole darwin theory has been proven fact but 1 part of it has, so teach that one part. God is a bullshit story(as my friend would say lol). Its just like santa claus, the easter bunny, or the tooth fairy. Its meant to keep you being what people would consider "good". Teach facts not theories. If they do teach religon in school all of them should be covered. But anyway, the one thing i hate is that parents keep their kids homeschooled based on religion, now if that isn't fucking the kid up i don't know what is! Could you believe we have a fellowship christian athletes, like 3 prayer days, and a goddamn bible club at school. Shit, these people that say atheism is taking over are completely wrong, christians are taking over!!!