christians etc.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by wiggy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

right im sorry if this pisses people off or something but im pissed off.

right christians and other religous people who shove religion in my face!!! e.g the people that knock on my door on a sunday at 3.00 in the afternoon when they know thats when im having sex. and when they say things like "well thats what god wants us to do", how the fuck do u know? and things like the bible, im sorry but i dont understand it, or like it.

teaching bible stuff in school? why do we not get a choice of what we want our kids to be taugh?

christenings i think thats spelt right, why do people christen kids, the way i see that is they are getting forced into a religion, i dont think thats fair. fair enough some people will but why should we force kids to believe stuff,

we should teach about all religions not just one or to..

again im sorry if this pisses people off, please dont get offended etc. i just wanna know what other peopel think

2. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Wiggy

Hey
    Believe what other believe.
    Or believe what your reason dictates.

The difference is astounding.

Occam

3. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

ok i didnt understand that at all, as i said i wasnt trying to piss anyone of at all, just a few thoughts i had and wanted to know answers

4. outtahere

outtahere Member

why are children even taught religion, religious education should either cover all religions equally as stated or take place when children are old enough to make their own choices with all the facts. Dont even get me started on those lunatic religious schools. They tried to take a school over where my cousin goes, thankfully it was stopped. They wanted to teach creationism but not darwinism and stuff cos that wouldve really helped them pass their GCSE's when they moved schools - twats

5. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

thats what i mean though, i dont agree with a few things in most religions, england and a few other countries DO push religion, i wont say what ones cause i will get loads of shit for it, but i bet u can guess

6. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Wiggy

Countries do not 'push religion'
    Religion does.
    U will get no shit from occam.
    Occam detests organised religion.
    Why. Because it is organised.
    Exactly what it should not be.

Occam

7. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

i think people in the countries do push religion, the achall countrie cant push it as its made of mus and stuff, but the people do and i dont think anyone can disagree with that

8. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Wiggy

Yes. 'People in the countries' do push religion.
    But they are not their country.
    They are their religion.

Mormons come from salt lake city nevada.
    Only one in 5 people know that.
    Or even where the US is on the map.

Is nevada a state determined to convert the world?
    No
    Just the mormons in it.

Occam

9. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

right ok i still dont understand what ur going on about, but hey thats cool, why do u say ur name in a post like 3 times?

10. outtahere

outtahere Member

mormons are pretty cool!!! 2 of em spoke to me for about 2 hours, basically they seemed to think that Noah used to be the king of America for like 500 years and that all the Native American Indians had fallen from the path of Mormon. I tried to reason that this couldnt really be true but they said that the fact that they had fallen was justification enough to virtually eradicate them and steal their land, at this point i walked away but they gave me a mormon bible and i gave them a false address - fair play

11. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

wiggy,
    yeah, I do agree.. I also don't understand, why we should learn Bible, Jesus, and all those christian things.. I so don't like Christians... ehm, maybe not exactly all Christians, but I DON'T LIKE Catholics.. they're like.. eh, I don't know..

12. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

yay somemore people agree with me, i dont mind some of them, but even on the froums there are people aho have been saying things like, thats not what god wants me to do etc. like how do they know they arent worshipping a evil cult?

13. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

those people seem to be fanatics or something like this.. to me..

14. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

yep i totally agree

15. outtahere

outtahere Member

how do they know what god wants you to do anyway, did god tell them? if so perhaps they should seek some sort of psychological treatment

16. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

thats my point well one of them, fair enough if people wanna get all religious and stuff but how do they know? why do they push their children into it?

i have nevber followed religion or anything as it doesnt interest, the only one that does slightly is wicca - but then people still dont know, but with christians they do everything by the book literally,

17. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

You ever see a troll on internet forums? Why do they do what they do? To attract attention to themselves.

Why does a baby cry? To attract attention to itself.

Why does God make christians? To attract attention to itself.

I mean, if you see a whole bunch of people saying stuff about God that cannot be true, it causes your mind (reasoning ability) to form counter arguments with a greater truth in them- your rejection of that which is illogical leads you to higher truths. Of course, something has to have some sort of emotional impact to really stick with you, so saying something really annoying like "God says being gay is evil" or God says "Sex is evil" will make people think about and realise that these things are blatant lies.

Basically it is God causing christians to say stupid things to deliberately annoy you so that you will grasp ahold of the truth, and value it. Twisted psychology...

18. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Wiggy

My friend...Countries are not things. 'They' do nothing. The people that say they represent a 'country'
    Are the ones that DO.
    "[killing] In the name of"

Occam says his name. When he says his name.
    Is YOUR name 'i' or is it wiggy?
    Occam says his name 'occam' when some might say 'i'
    lazyness?, cant remember your own name..? EGO rules?

Occam

19. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

who wiggy cant remember my name, wiggy can wiggy think you dont know what ur going on about, wiggy thinks this is silly cause wiggy will have to put her name alot. its easier say I agreed?

20. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Those were probably JWs. Who're more New Age than Christian.