Christians are Terrorists!

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by skip, Apr 20, 2007.

1. umm...ya

umm...ya over joyed!

I don't know what History books you read but that there where alot more brutal things going on in Europe than in America.

2. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Oh? Please cite.

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

4. skip

I agree, but you left out on the warning label:
    Christianity will lead to intolerance, a holier than thou attitude, and will turn you into a sheep being led to slaughter.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

5. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

Because reality is not a concept. Reality exists regardless of what you or I or any eight other people think it is.

Why aren't more people curious about what it actually is?

For many people, religion is a search for something good but undefined, an unknown something that is vaguely felt to be missing or misplaced. Meaning, wonder, transcendence, connection, inspiration, or maybe even something as simple as comfort.

If you ask anyone to describe something that is unknown to them, they will probably offer list of desires and fears that have little to do with the reality.

Are you telling them that the search for the reality is bullshit?

I agree. There are some really terrifying, soul-withering stories circulating out there these days. Antichrists and Jihads and world-ending battles and . . . whatever.

There must be a better story.

Everyone has a story, the meaning of your life is a story. The denial of meaning is a story. Even this commonly held assertion (that all stories are meaningless and should be abandoned in favor of reality) is a story.

A better story is what people are looking for. Maybe a story that conveys meaning, wonder, transcendence, connection, inspiration, and maybe even comfort. How about a story that suggests people look again and think again about reality so they may see what it actually is and behave like the sane, healthy, creative, fulfilled people they are supposed to be.

Once upon a time, today actually . . .

Peace and Love

6. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

Woah, wait a minute. . . Are you advocating banning systems of belief? Are you going to put believers in jail or sentence them to capital punishment?

Come on, think a little harder before you suggest these kinds of things. And don't get the wrong idea, I am agnostic and I think most religious beliefs are pretty ridiculous but that doesn't mean we should ban them. Christianity is not the problem; the people who wield it over believers are. They tell them how to apply it to their lives, to hate people who are different or use it to convince people to take a certain stand in political issues. If people today were truly christians (followers of christ, that is) they would advocate peace and love above all else. They would tolerate gays and islam and nonbelievers because they are just sinners like everyone else.

Most importantly, one of the worst aspects of todays christians is their propensity for banning things. If its offensive, ban it. If it's sacriligious, ban it. Dont' sink to their level. Bans are not the solution. Education is.

7. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I can understand why the propaganda is banned. It's pretty annoying and illustrates ignorance of the average "Christian." If you cannot paraphrase the biblical quotes, you probably don't understand what the quotes really mean.

Peace and love

8. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

So what you're saying is that you are pro-society, but are against danger, and anything for which you could be arrested, yes?

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

fire ! lotsa flaming going on here and with officious sanction .

10. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

What do you want your words to mean?

This is all I ever meant.

It is always a joy to speak with you.

Peace and Love

11. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

By the way, whatever happened to the story they were going to do on the walk across Illinois?

12. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

I would never joke about another man's nuts, or his heart attack, but especially not his nuts.

I hope you are well on your way to being completely healthy again.

Peace and Love

13. skip

A good cause, Fedup! Glad to see you taking your activism to the streets and media (as well as the airwaves & this site!).

I wish you a full recovery. :)

14. skip

Um, I don't think any individuals have been flamed in this thread. If so, provide a quote.

15. Haid

Haid Member

I agree with all the basic principles of this thread, its obviously become an organization that is intolerant and all about making money.

I would not advocate this though. Everybody is always wanting to ban every damn thing. Let people make up their own minds. Try to educate them if you want but its their own choice. In the end they are losing money and power anyway.

16. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

Happens with disuse. Warning: they cut mine off, both of them. For proof, see my new profile.

Seriously, best wishes for improved health, Fedup.