Christians are Terrorists!

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by skip, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

Varuna, I assume you are referring to Skip's post.

I have the same question.

Skip, could you please post the new rules, or, a link to them if previously posted..Thanks.

2. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

A signifigant portion of Christians are non-denominational, and tend to be much more loving and forgiving.
    I know it is very trendy and popular among many circles to trash Christianity as the source of many world problems, but the majority of the world's Christians keep their beliefs to themselves and truly do practice a very loving, forgiving lifestyle - even if the Pope/Equivalent issues a statement telling them to do otherwise.

I'm not a Christian, and I'm not a fan of much of the Christian 'official' doctrine and structure - but I also know that going 'angry militant' against their militance will accomplish precisely dick.

3. steffan

steffan puffin

It's a messed up religon without doubt, and I include all manifisations of it wether they believe that the "christ' has come or not, when you worship such a petty and evil god it gives you room to do evil things in his name. But the fact that people pretend to believe such far fetched nonesense should give you a clue that its not the fault of the religon but a basic flaw in humanity itself. If you free the sheep they will simply be lost untill the find another pasture to hide in

4. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

The "New Rules" are posted as a sticky at the top of the forum, quite visible and simple to find if you actually take the time to look:
    http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232007

5. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

The whole point of christianity is to bring YOU closer to God. Yall gotta stop taking the bible litterally, its metaphorical. Christianity is like any other religion, its supposed to bring you closer to God, if you dont need a religion ti bring yourself closer to him, then more power to you. In the end, its what you do for others and how much love you show them, thats how God judges a soul, not whether they sin and be "damned to hell forever" its all about learning from your mistakes to make you the best person you can be. Thats all God askes for. He doesnt ask for religion.

6. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

..........and yeah I agree Christianity is a terrorist organization, i'd even go as far as to say they are the most predominantly violent and oppressive subgroup of humans in world history. Christianity is a brain washing campaign designed by ancient elitist plutocrats to control and oppress the common man, assuming control of every single aspect of the followers life. It is a theology built out of desire to manipulate the masses for the benefit of the very few and subsequently very evil. The religion is based on the nonsensical drivel of the most violent, perverted, fantastical, self contradictory text ever written. The saddest part is it has become a noose on society, altering perceptions, spreading hatred, and giving creedence to some of the most perverse ideologues ever dreamt up, these people (xtians) are of a singular mindset and much like lemmings will follow one another into the abyss.

7. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

Thank you; for the location, the link, the repost, and the admonition.

I am kind of a retard, or suffering from early alzheimer's...you have to tell me things several times before they register.

8. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

Good thoughts.

9. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Good point! It is that very FLAW that Christian leaders exploit to enslave the minds of millions!

But what is that flaw? A willingness to be led around? Ignorance of reality? A guilt complex (hence the need to be forgiven)? Unevolved morality? A need to be accepted by a group?

Whatever it is, I won't fault humanity, but RELIGION for taking advantage of human weaknesses to pursue a massive mind control agenda.

I agree 100% that "when you worship such a petty and evil god it gives you room to do evil things in his name."

That is an excellent point. Because so much of the "bible", and Christian dogma has been infected by the politics of the Church, the same attitude of disrespect for the TRUTH and non-believers has infected most Christians.

In other words if your religion is corrupt, full of greedy leaders manipulating their flocks for political, economic and social gain, the followers will likewise become agents of corruption and greed, as we see clearly in our Christian President & Vice president.

P.S. Wow, is the confrontation and contentiousness finally GONE from this forum...??? What a RELIEF! See how much better life could be WITHOUT fundamentalists Christians ON OUR CASE day-in, day-out!

I bet if we could just "delete" all the fundies on this planet, life would be a lot more peaceful...

10. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

Brother Joseph,

Sorry for the confusion.

How SHOULD they behave? I guess the question can be interpreted other ways.

In my mind, I thought I was asking: For those who base their identity on a belief that they are inspired by divinity, in what way should they treat, act or relate to others?

This is a very real question.

I think it really asks what YOU think the ideal is, or should be.

It seems that the real objection people think they have with Christianity (or any religious tradition) has nothing to do with the ideals Christianity is actually supposed to communicate (be more conscious, love one another, seek truth, express joy, transcend whatever you think you know, etc.). But rather, it is a reaction against the violations of these ideals that ignorant "believers" inflict on others.

I am right there with you. Sometimes when I hear the greed and ignorance, intolerance, fear, hatred, violence and destruction expressed by our religious leaders, I feel we live in a hopelessly sorrowful world of constricting consciousness where lives and time and resources are wasted on defense.

I would rather live the ideal.

If you think religion violates some higher ideal, then please say something about that higher ideal. Otherwise, yours is just one more negative voice. Voicing your outrage at Christianity and its abuses makes as little sense as deriding any other group whose members have violated your ideals, you know, like Americans, Westerners, Males, Humanity, Mammals, etc.

Just a thought,

Peace and Love

11. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Religion violates the IDEA that God itself can only be perceived thru personal experience. By institutionalizing the belief in God, you have already corrupted it. You have objectified something that can never be objectified, and therefore have strayed from the PURE TRUTH.

If God is at once within us, and omnipresent, God cannot be anything less than everything.

In fact, anthromorphizing God, believing IT has ANY human traits at all such as male or female is conceiving something far less than what God really is. We denigrate God by giving IT human characteristics, and completely miss the REALITY of something that transcends all attempts by our feeble minds to comprehend.

So religion's attempts to portray God as having human emotions (anger, revenge, intolerance, etc.) does INDEED violate the higher IDEAL of a God that transcends ALL limitations.

Can we now return to the topic at hand? Christian Terrorism. Thanks.

12. steffan

steffan puffin

I swear that book must be filled with spells that shuts down your abilty to reason. I was going to go into a mini disartation of what religon is, what that book says, the fact that this kid is actualy admiting its bullshit, but I realy hate explaining the obvious

13. Isil

Isil Member

Not every Christian on the planet is a hatemonger.

Its jut not so >.<

There are bad people in every religion. Its not restricted to just a few...And, all the same, there are good people in every religion.

You say that Christians are intolerant, ignorant, and snide folk. Well...I think you make yourself all the same as those you condemn when you begin to degrade their beliefs. To call all Christians intolerant, ignorant, and mean is, well...intolerant, ignorant, and mean.

Youre exhibiting the same immorale ideology which you denounce :eek:

If you dont support it, that doesnt mean you have to hate it. You know, thats what some Christians do.

Again, displaying the same qualities of those you oppose >.<

That was confusing xD

Note: You means all the folk who posted nasty things...lol.

14. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If this god you christians speak of is all knowing and all seeing,why not just go direct?Why dress up and give hard earned money to others,many that are overt scammers, to talk about him/her/it?I don't get it.

15. steffan

steffan puffin

16. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

Where in the world right now are Christians doing awful shit?
    Im just curious because I dont really know. However, I completely agree with skip 100% for a myriad of reasons. I wrote a paper about how the church has been the most violent, oppressive and sadistic organization in all of history after considering that the number of murders/slaughters in "gods name" exceed the number of deaths caused by any other organization/group in the world. Then I talked about how even now they are ruining our society by basically brainwashing 80% of Americans who are Christians. Then my teacher got offended and tried to get me suspended becuase I had "written a hate message to Christians", so I had to talk to the principal of my school and the whole thing was just a big issue. All in all, I hate Christianity, but I hold nothing at all against Christians who are not dogmatic or pretend to be missionaries.
    Hopefully that doesnt get me banned?

17. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

How so?? You can't debate people without forcing rhetoric down their throats, talking about some delusional nonsense of being "saved", or quoting an ancient fairytale of dogma, contradiction, and hatred? If that's all you got going for you, you are the one that is misguided my friend.

18. darkain

darkain Member

If this is how you view Christianity, you obviously did not do NEARLY enough research to gain your own opinion, or to even state one that is even the least bit valid.

19. steffan

steffan puffin

um uh,, dude, wtf are you trying to say?

20. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What the hell does that mean??Are believers supposed by edict to dress up in finery,gather together in one place and blab over and over and over again about the same things every sunday(or whatever day)??I've been to plenty of churches,known plenty of hypocrites,watched as fools flopped around and blubbered in "unknown tongues",watched as clowns bobbed up and down to bells,like Pavlov's dogs ,been fucked in business by christians ect,ect.Don't worry about my research.It has been done empiricly.