Christianity and LSD

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by neodude1212, Dec 3, 2007.

1. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

The Native American Church who believe Mescalito is the Flesh of God, or their form of communion (sacrament); are decidedly a Christian Church.

The white descendants of Europeans chose two diverse forms of worship to objectify. The old school Catholic Churches seemed indeed to be the more 'object oriented environment' with their statues, carvings & symbolisms, while the Protestant Churches nearly always shunned that richness & their places of worship were more sterile & ethereal looking as Luther conveyed an impetus the broke them away from the former Church, Roman Pope & their customs & traditions along with it.

2. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Non-sequitur FTW?

3. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

Harley (David's Son?) on the altar - Whatever Floats Urs

I now view LSD as, 'the way I got here' rather than something that I'm doing today. Tripping on Acid is a total soul-searching, pseudo-reality (this one) wrenching preparation ultimately for salvation for many. I know tens of thousands of people for whom it opened their eyes & eventually led them to seeking God & getting saved. I know Peyote is much more calm, peaceful & natural & I might do that again if ever presented the chance. It's more like smoking a joint.

In my cognitive inception of an Anglo-American Church or JesusChristLSD, I think chemicals are way too powerful & get many people into sometimes psychotic bad trips & unpleasant experiences to be used as a celebratory form of communion; but people use them on the outside & I would not discourage that. Whereas the more natural, marijuana or Amanita Muscaria would be a preferrable legal (in some places) substitute (akin to Mescalito or Psylocybe).

I'm not into worshipping anything but the One True God in His Word. LSD opened my eyes, so the Lord used it on an entire generation. It was one of the greatest epiphanies of the era. Hoffman, Leary, Huxley & all those chemical prophets. In a way, it's a crisis in a tab. It opens your eyes to the spirit world all around you. God uses all sorts of emotional stimuli on people to bring them closer to Himself. I don't feel the need to trip now that I've got the Spirit. But I wouldn't discourage that exploration for the many soul searchers out there who have not yet found it.

It's a bit far out to put a Harley up on the altar, but I once went to a biker church that did. And I've heard some guy at AA pictured his bike as his 'higher power'. Maybe it was their symbol, like a crucifix. I just thought of it —It's Harley David's Son. Jesus was the Son of David.

4. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

I have had a few profound experiences, one very recently, with Christ and psychedelics.

The psyches are pointing to the same thing that Christ pointed to. If you look to any master, Buddha, Krishna, Mahavira, they each have certain flavor to them, some aspect that their material existence expresses a certain energy of the divine. Christ showed is supreme devotion, as where Buddha showed scientific methods of meditation.

Anyway while you having a profound trip, just put the word Christ in your head. Mediatate on his essensce. You will sure to have a REAL sense of something. You may feel saturated, as if something is engulfing you. Your consciousness will come very fined tuned, as if you can feel more. You might even get a deep profound sense of infinity, something like a deep well filling up, that has no end to it.

Now I was raised Catholic, but you know, I never really felt anything from it. This was a real feeling, so deep and profound and heavenly. Where did it come from? You can be already in a profound state, but meditate on Christ and some real energy comes from it.

You can also mediatate on different masters and feel these things. Buddha will bring peace to you. The feeling of Christ is very powerful, he wasn't just any ol master, he was obviously something special.

Like Writer was saying, once you get into the dogma, the confess your sins so your can be forgiven guilt trip they lay on you is completely missing the point. But the actuall energy of Christ; Not the bible, not the preacher, not anything phsyical, but the actual energy of Christ is something holy, something real, and something that can actually set you free.

5. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

This disappointment becomes compounded in light of knowing how grossly misunderstood the intended role of the church is in it's relationship with a community as compared to governing and policing bodies. This is a fundamental flaw within our deeply rotten sensorium, and one which has been introduced to our societies modality which remains rigidly reinforced, but to those with gnostic tendencies and wider intelligence, it is a natural and expected outcome to the establishment of a democracy in which church has to be explicitly clarified as separate from state; a reasonable notion, but one which unfortunately has given rise to fervor and disgraceful expectations unjustifiably laid at the feet of the monks as presumed arbiters of morality and ethics (and in turn has gone on to corrupt the monks and priests). To dumb it down a little: A community is supposed to have priests, employed by the Catholic church, not to determine what is and what is not morally sound but rather to forgive and to heal, to soothe and to assist in facilitating deliverance to salvation. The flock demands much more than it's shepherd can give and in their own self-indulgent madness have eaten him alive.

One point you bring up in a roundabout way Noxious, but which Writer alluded to a bit directly, is the idea of God as either separate from ourselves (the typical Christian position) or the idea of God being at 'one' with us. I am curious to know where you stand on this ontological peculiarity, as it's one I've wrestled with since my earliest glimpses into the spiritual mind. For the majority of the period in my life which saw my heaviest psychedelic use (a period of roughly a decade including my coming of age) I was of the opinion, reached through meditation and voracious consumption of Hindu and Buddhist literature, that we are as some kind of projection of a solitary consciousness; that this consciousness is in fact the only 'reality' and that it is experiencing itself through the infinite number of bodies in time. This consciousness was the last veil of God we could apprehend in the abstract and beyond this veil was the unknown, where the Knower and the Known become indistinguishable and beyond that reference point exists only God as infinite potential. But in recent years I've come to a slightly contrary view, one that is not very different from this except in a single (and ultimately most essential) regard, the idea that although this may be the case, that we are in fact -not- God, that we may be regarded as the created but not to be beholden as the Creator, and that any hope of an 'afterlife' in any sense would entail coming to this reference point and being given the position of observing the Creator in the act of creation. Time and space would of course be expected to cease and it is impossible to even begin to attempt to put to words or to an image the what and the how of this idea, but I think you can appreciate what I'm trying to convey with this idea of mine. I believe that the solipsistic nature of existential inquiry during the past century is a nervous apprehension of just this very philosophy, and I wonder at how it will all turn out. I am truly curious and genuinely excited, as through perturbed brain chemistry I've made the acquaintance of my own 'soul' and have experienced it in the raw as individual and distinct from my normal conscious reference point, to where it expanded to subsume the material, the ethereal and the hyper real but has yet to identify itself with the presence of that which is beneath even the most profound direct experience with the 'subtle body'. It seems to me as well to be distinct, ultimately separate, and not identifiable with nature; it is Other, and I suspect will eternally remain as such.

6. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

I'd just like to point out that meditation is a contemplative tool, not a rigid, established methodology for testing and evaluating hypotheses.

7. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

I actually got filled with the Holy Spirit while meditating & on Acid; and I started speaking in tongues, which I didn't know anything about. I had a hard time convincing the propers later on that I was actually filled & they laid hands on me every time I told this story to make sure I got the right 'spirit'. But there was no doubt in my mind, cause, like you mentioned I wound up the meditation chanting Jesus' Name & crying. But, as authentic as these guys were, it immediately put doubt in their minds. So I just went with their little prayers or assurance (to them, not me). It was as real as could be.

The catalyst for my experience was that I encountered a bad spirit first that scared me into using the Name of Jesus to rebuke it. And it worked. The whole trip turned great & I landed with a real epiphany & went on to start telling all my friends, most of whom thought I had flipped out or didn't believe in anything. That was shocking. I never shut up for the rest of my life, either... lol! You just can't contain God.

8. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVO85iZTLWE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVO85iZTLWE

—Awesome series of videos (Part 1) ...I recall there were about 6 in continuing format. Really worth the time to watch & narration is very good.

9. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

Scientific as in no belief system. You sit with your eyes closed and chant this mantra and you will begin to enter this certain state of consciousness. Their is no belief in that state of consciousness, you just try the technique and see if it works.

If it works, and you get something out of it, then that is the scientific results. That is the proof of the pudding. The hypothesis is if I sit and chant the mantra then this elevated state of consciousness will occur. Then the experimental results are whether you actually entered that state or not.

Meditation can be very scientific and variables can be controlled. People who astral project or remote view test their abilities with measurable results. For example a remote viewer can be triple blindfolded in a remote location, while an unknown object is placed in a box also by a blinded person. The remote viewer will then direct his consciousness to the hidden item in the box, figure out what it is, report his results, and then go to see if they matched that of the actual object. When results starting being 90-95% accurate, you know you are getting somewhere.

That is one thing about the psychedelic experience versus meditation on its own. The psychedelic experience is much harder to have controlled results. Your consciousness is basically blasted off, and you are at the will of the chemical. Luckily these things seem to be guiding you in some supreme way.

10. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

11. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Then you are not speaking in terms of the scientific method; I think that you may be confusing the meaning of that term. By it's very nature, science is objective--what you have proposed is something that has been derived from a subjective experience. There are two primary groups who typically lack a sophisticated system of spiritual beliefs, and they are usually referred to as either agnostic or atheistic.

There is still a million dollar reward out there for anyone who can prove--under controlled conditions--that things such as astral projection are, indeed, legitimate phenomenon (n. an observable occurence).

While it may be true that a chemical can alter how our brains' chemistry operates, I think that it's important to consider the possibility of placing too much emphasis upon certain things. For instance, there is the old saying "there's no such thing as a bad trip," which I'm inclined to agree with as our awareness is simply different when we are under the influence of a drug.

With that said, I've had dark and terrifying experiences in the past, but when I looked inside of myself, I found that much of what I had feared was really My own darkness--within Myself. I had projected that darkness onto others and the world around Me. The subconscious is like the X factor: your mindset defines your experience, sober or otherwise.

On a semi-unrelated note: do you know what "fear" stands for? False Evidence Appearing Real

12. 3407LOVE

3407LOVE Member

Lucifer in the Sky with Demons

League for Spiritual Destruction

REligion
    population control

:sunny:

I might add that this question strongly shows how little the op
    has read [on anything]

but telling would ruin the fun of doing one's homework

13. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

:drummer:
    —Gee dude; how fractured, skewed & almost semi- ---original, karaoke-like, sort of --
    except, er,
    uh,
    duh,
    no
    :toilet:
    ...bloop...
    thud
    ;•{...whut-Ever
    :beatdeadhorse5:

14. 3407LOVE

3407LOVE Member

true