Chores you could do without

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Eavesdrop, May 11, 2007.

1. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

As mommies and daddies, there are endless chores to be done around the house and outside. I'm just curious what chore you hate so much that you'd rather not ever do again. If you could give up one chore for the rest of your life, which would it be?

2. jestelle

jestelle Member

dishes!!!!!!!

3. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Cleaning the bathrooms

4. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

dishes and laundry

5. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

Not a mama (yet), but if I could give up one chore, it would def. be cleaning out the fridge/freezer. No matter how good I try to be about using leftovers, there always seems to be one tupperware dish of nastiness that's been forgotten about, stuffed way in the back :ack:

6. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

Not a mom, but I must say the dishes. I don't know who the hell decided the dishwasher was a convience! Maybe in a restaurant, but in a house I find that putting the dishes in the dishwasher, waiting for it to be full enough to justify dragging it over to the sink and hooking it up (I have one of those portible dishwashers), then waiting an hour until it's done and putting all those dishes away is a MUCH bigger hassle than just rinsing your plate off when you're done with it!

7. hippiechick85

hippiechick85 Member

I hate dishes and laundry would be second

8. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Changing and rinsing diapers. I've been a dad for almost 20 years and I still have one in diapers. I've changed thousands willingly, but I'll admit I've never gotten over the gag reflex with those been eating solid foods big ass poops.

9. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

Lol, I'll give you that one. I'm not exactly looking forward to doing that particular task, if have kids.

10. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

Dishes, laundry, cleaning pooey dipes, and washing windows. I don't do windows. ;)

11. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

i would say the garbage. i would definetly give up takin gout the trash. so disgusting and smelly. makes me gag to eventhink about it. oh also i would give up cleaning the grill (instead of four burners on our stove we have and then a grill) it gets all nasty and the grease just drips downa nd collects and starts to stink up the house. augh so disgusting.

then again if i dont do any of these chores they either wont get done until my hubby feels the need to clean OR they wont get done properly. cant count on my hubby to do jack crap around here. sheesh. we lived in our house for two months and the only room done is his office and i am going to have this baby in two weeks. SIGH.................

12. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

Dishes. I hate dishes. Trying to get Meleah to do dishes is more work than just doing them myself. I also hate giving the dog bath. :ack:
    I don't mind laundry, especially if I can hang it our to dry. And I love to iron. My mom thinks I'm completely crazy for that one, but I think it's relaxing.

13. johnnystillcantread

johnnystillcantread Member

Today and tomorrow my chore will be splitting fir rounds that are already dry – a chore and a half plus if I am not careful my splitting maul could bounce off the fir round and hit me in the head so I could certainly do without that. Anyway most chores have to be done so here is something that makes them easer. Cheers!

Whistle while you work - just whistle while you work and cheerfully together we can tidy up the place. So hum a merry tune it won't take long when there's a song to help you set the pace. And as you sweep the room imagine that the broom is someone that you love and soon you'll find you're dancing to the tune. When hearts are high the time will fly - so whistle while you work - so whistle while you work.

"Walt Disney Studios" "Snow White"

14. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Cleaning juice, ground in chocolate chip cookie and dirt stained carpets and furniture in the house and car....and yet that's how I'll be spending my weekend.

15. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

all of them.

16. Crimson and Clover

Crimson and Clover Member

dishes and cleaning the bathrooms

17. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

That is the correct answer! :hurray:

18. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Funny, another forum I'm on is asking this too right now!

If I could get rid of just one, it'd be the dishes. The very minute I finish every dish in the sink, I hear "Mamaaaaaa... I'm hunnnnnnnnnnnngryyyyyyyyyyy!!!"
    love,
    mom

19. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

oh boy, so many to choose from. My mostr hated would be washing the floors and bathrooms. I do that every weekend, get down on my hands and knees and scrub. I hate the ickiness that comes up off the floors and the toilet....so gross!
    thankfully, hubby does the dishes every night after supper while I bath Leane, so yey! I love that, lol

20. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

I don't have to throw out the trash, that's one of the kids jobs. Wahhhhaaaahhhaaaa.