Choosing the proffesion

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by sanja_serbia, Apr 18, 2007.

1. sanja_serbia

sanja_serbia Senior Member

How did you choose your proffesion?...When did you realize that it's "the one" for you and that you're not making a mistake?..I'm on my crossroad now and choosing college (and the job I'm going to be doing in the future), I'm not sure that it's right for me (I'm preparing for architecture), sometimes I think I can't see myself doing another job, but then I think that I know nothing about it and I get kinda freaked out....Any advice?...

2. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

if it dosent feel right for you then dont do it. my advice would be to take a year (or more) and travel before rushing into college. your only young once, and as soon as you graduate college your going to need to get a career to pay off student loans. then youll be working for the rest of your life to pay the morgage. i dont get why everyone rushes into college after highschool.

3. sanja_serbia

sanja_serbia Senior Member

I don't know where you're from, but here's the situation in Serbia : you usually don't have possibility (when I say possibility I mean money) to not do anything, if you don't go to school, you have to work. I don't wanna be lazy-ass and be supported by my parents, besides, I really like studying and I can't see myself wasting a year, I can travel maybe a month in a year, but then I would have to get back to do anything constructive, that's the way I am :)
    thanx for the advece, though