Chiropractors

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Meliai, Jun 19, 2018.

1. lion1978

lion1978 The King

Not to mention the dirty competitor trying to break each others back (pun definatley intented) by leaving fake reviews

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I have been visiting the chiropractor for more than a year... it provides great relief from neck pain and frees up my shoulders and spine. Thinking about it, I need to call for an appointment!

scratcho and Orison like this.
  3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

No... I didn't sue a family member.

BUT.

My best friends brother, did sue a family member, and it was a family war that would make the Hatfields and the McCoys look like "The Brady's vs. The Cleavers"

4. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

My experience was positive. I had to see one in the summer to figure out why I couldn't walk without feeling shooting pain in my left quad and hip. The chiropractor did shock wave therapy on a large bursa in my hip. Not sure what the actual problem was, but between the chiropractor and physiotherapist, I'm able to walk normally again.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The first time I went to a chiro it was a big massage followed by a million cracks. He did a neck realignment. I remember he twisted my neck and I said to myself well this could be it you know.. I've had a good life. Felt fantastic at the time. I have a minor annoying headache for 2 weeks after though. I didn't go back.

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Chiropractic treatment was part of my recent therapy to hopefully relieve my lower back pain. The thing is I have scoliosis and after looking at the xrays they were afraid to do much to me. In fact I was afraid for them to do anything. But hell I turn 50 in a week and I've lived most of that pain free so I guess I did pretty well.

Irminsul likes this.
  7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

What's Happening With The Shingles.....???

Cheers Glen.

8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Oh it cleared up just fine. I can still see some discoloration there but it no longer itches. I got lucky.

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I would do research and take with a grain of salt. I am finding mixed evidence on the legitimacy of chiropractors--in other words: I can see why this has been a tough decision for you.

Irminsul likes this.
  10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Bloody Lucky.....Buy Yourself A Lottery Ticket.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

you can do more for yourself with an inversion table. I dont own one but my physical therapy has it, and I find its almost better than traction .. other than the blood flow getting back up, you get used to it .. you also cant expect a chiropractor to adjust you once and youll be better after you had years of compression -just dont work that way.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Check your horoscope before you see a chiropractor,only go if your sign is ascending to venus, then get palm read, just to make sure

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Naked palm read?

14. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I go every 3 weeks. I dont even have a family Dr. I truly believe I may not be able to walk right now had I not started going to one regularly 10 years ago. I wouldn't be able to do my job and I wouldn't have gotten pregnant had I not gone. 100% a believer.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, make sure you hit the chiropractor up for child support then ;)

Orison and Irminsul like this.
  16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My dad calls doctors quacks.

Why do you call them that?
    "join the line"

Lol.

18. candys

candys Visitor

I also have only positive experience. I think it has benefits for acute injuries and things like postural pain and overuse injuries the most. Last time I had back pain I went to my doctor who gave me Vicodin and told me to rest but it didn't help. Luckily one of my friends suggested me massage therapist here https://dynamicyyc.com so I scheduled an appointment and after few sessions my pain has gone.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2019