Chinese government sends authorities to surveil Muslims within their own homes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by quark, Jun 13, 2018.

1. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Xinjiang Authorities Regularly Impose ‘Home Stays’ on Muslim Uyghur Families: Rights Group

----------

Guess who's coming to dinner?

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

When China abuses their Muslim population, no one cares. As was explained to me in a different thread.

But if someone in the west draws a picture of Muhammad, all Hell breaks loose.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

That's the same thing they do if a woman becomes pregnant with a second or third child, is stick their foot in the door and make damned straight sure any loose wing nuts get the point. Their idea of totalitarianism is shamming people in public and attempting to rehabilitate even their worst criminals. Asians are incredibly conservative and family oriented, and their politics reflect that, while western politics reflect money and weapons more.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

So this is "abuse"? Because it seems like pretty standard Trump polices. There is someing dangerous about these people so we need to keep an eye on them IF we even allow them to be here. If they behave what is the big deal about having one or two visits to earn the right to live in a booming economy like China?

5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

"Rehabilitate"=thought reform=brainwashing. Bad as Trump and the Republicans are, they aren't half that bad!

6. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

A billion people is a different reality, which is something Trump doesn't comprehend, being born with a silver spoon in his mouth. The Chinese are all too intimately familiar with starvation, and have inherited a unique genetic resistance to starvation, which is why they would compost Trump under a twenty year compost pile, for the common good. Even they know a hopeless case when they see one.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You're such a terrible tool.

6-eyed shaman and eggsprog like this.
  8. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I love when people complain that nobody cares about something in a comment on a post talking about the issue that they claim nobody cares about.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

We're all brainwashed - by our schools, our Dads, our Moms, our peers, by TV and social media. That's how we learn coping skills and how we determine whether to love the system or rebel against it. Did anyone really think - before entering this thread - that there is some magic Kingdom where no one is ever brainwashed and that finding and belonging to it is a valid aspiration

10. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

when you get past your attack of 'ad hominems' tell us what's invalid about shaman's assertions

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So you're equating socialization with the systematic thought reform used in China. Every society, consciously or unconsciously, try to inculcate the norms of its culture into children. Some, however, do it much more systematically, intensively and brutally than others. Shaman, no Muslim-lover he, has been expressing shock and outrage about the treatment of Uyghur Muslims in Chinese though reform centers, particularly the fact that they are made to eat pork and drink alcohol. The Falun Gong were are also systematically subjected to isolation, sleep deprivation, hanging by their wrists and hands, electric shock, and continuous exposure to video and audio propaganda. Even the nuns at parochial school didn't go that far.

12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Please go to China and publically share your views in protest.

You'll learn a lot.

13. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

The OP lives in China...

Noserider likes this.
  14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

If you're talking to me, I've been there. I learned to keep my mouth shut, my feet on the straight and narrow, and my mind on my own business!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018