Chilled out in London...?!

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by shrimpgirl, Jan 21, 2005.

1. shrimpgirl

shrimpgirl Member

i'm desperately looking for chilled out places in london [​IMG]
    everything is so expensive or like huge hardcore parties, i can't find any smaller chilled out places to have good music, good pot and cheap drinks
    -anybody got any good spots in london??

peace

2. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

was it you who posted ages ago that you were coming to the UK to study?

I'm in London but I never go out ... It's far too scary out there :p

3. Claire

Claire Senior Member

My advice?... take a train to Brighton;)

4. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

Right...where to start...I dont really know what kind of music are you into, but if you want to go to a cheap place (well kinda) there's this Psychedelic trance event at Mass in Brixton this Satuday and if you get there before 10.30 is only £5! i'm definitely going even though I'm not really into trance but hey! havent been out in weeks!!!
    it's hard to find good places to chill here and that arent that expensive. I've heard about Cafe Cairo in Clapham North, never been there but people say you can smoke weed in there (cool) but it's a bit expensive.
    another place which is quite cheap if you like beer that is is Walkabout in charing x, there is one in sheppers bush that have live music (cover rock bands) and the beer is £2 a pint.
    There's another place up in north London called The Spotted dog (i think it's near wildesness(sp?) green st), the beer is priced as everywhere else, but you have live rock music (sometimes the band are just too bad, but i've been lucky to see good ones when i've been there) I dont care too much about the people, everyone just gets really drunk and there isnt much connection there if you get what i'm saying.
    I've been to many places around London, but unfortunately my memory isnt that good at this time, but as soon as i remember a memorable place that i've visited i'll let you know.

in the meantime, try your local boozer...

Edit : I just read your post again and you say you are not into huge parties and stuff. in that case, try around Camden Town, I know there's a place there that fits the description, if only my memory wasnt this bad....

5. hot30khz

hot30khz Member

Hi, the thing is with London is that you have to dig deep! also you cant ask that question without saying what part your from?east,west,etc.
    I know what kind of place your looking for. dont dout london there are places like that all over...you just gota know where they are!...ask people...cabs, kbab shops, offlicence, social clubs.
    anyway heres the beginners guide to cool chilled living in london.
    thankyou please

http://www.londonfreelist.com/home.asp

6. Zonk

Zonk Banned

7. shrimpgirl

shrimpgirl Member

yea, i think i'm starting to know what you mean khz...
    thanks Zonk for that website "rampart", looks really interesting, i'll definetly go check that out
    btw, i'm in camden/bloomsbury area - i was so desperate that i figured i wouldn't specify which part of the city i'm in hehe but yea, some places are actually way too far for a night out
    anyway thanks for the input!

peace

8. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Have your tried Planet Angel? www.planetangel.net the actual rave nights are quite big but the chill out sundays are amazing :) and family based too so not so drug (pill) evolved. Also as claire said you could jump on a train and come visit me down Brighton :) im a half london half brighton dweller i moved to brighton for uni.

9. autumn_jewels

autumn_jewels Member

cafe 1001 is somewhere nr liverpool street tube, and you can smoke weed in their upstairs - awsome lovely little place with GREAT food! kinda expensive ish but then london is. very chilled out though. guarantee everyone on this forum would love it.

there was a great little pub ive smoked in in camden somewhere too...hm will ask my friend liz, she is in london and she showed me these places

10. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Also if you live by camden then the phsychodelic dream temple (i think thats what its called, phsycodelic music shop opposite cyberdog) has an upstairs bookshop/"smoking" cafe if i remember correctly.

11. shrimpgirl

shrimpgirl Member

yea, i think i friend of mine went to dream temple last weekend... she said she had a pretty good time