Chicken Pox!!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippychickmommy, Jun 4, 2006.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

did anyone here mention baking soda baths? such a relief! well, while you're in it, anyway. but it's worth it.

2. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

This is from home remedy site, natural cures

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Yeah, I just got off the phone with my mother who is a nurse, and she told me how to make a paste with baking soda to put on the blisters until I was able to pick up the Calamine lotion at the store.

4. hippychickmommy

Thankyou so much, again! I really like the natural rememdies. My boys have had problems with Eczema and the only thing that has worked for them are the oatmeal baths. The doctor even prescribed an antibiotic lotion but it did nothing. The oatmeal on the other hand, cleared that stuff up so well it was unbelievable!

5. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Both my guys have eczema too...I think that made the pox worse because of their sensitive skin...

I put oatmeal through the blender and added that to their baths with baking soda.

6. hippychickmommy

Yep, I'm going to grind up some oatmeal and make a powder with it to add into his bath water. Do you remember about how much baking soda you added with the oatmeal?

7. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I just put a big dash in. :D

8. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I wasnt allowed to trick or treat when I had them :(

9. hippychickmommy

Cool, thanks! I'll just do that then!

10. hippychickmommy

Well that's sad. [​IMG]

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I don't remember having them....my sister gave them to me when I was very young. My mom says I only had about 8 of them, total. :D

12. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

oh so that's what happened.;)

13. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

My boys like to color fuzzy art posters and play with those foam kits. You can get them at any craft store/department store. Some come pre-glued so you don't have to worry about your twins glueing each other. ;)

I feel for you. If I lived close by I'd run your errands for you. I know what it's like to need an extra hand when there is no one around.

14. hippychickmommy

So were your boys vaccinated or not? I know daisymae said hers weren't. I'm feeling really horrible, thinking I should have vaccinated them all. :( The school nurse called me a little bit ago because she had to ask me some questions and file a report with the state about my son getting them. Anyway, she said that there had been two local deaths due to the chicken pox. She didn't say when they occured, but when I asked her more about it, she said that it had been due to complications from the chicken pox, like severe pneumonia and encephalitis (infection of the brain) so now I'm all freaked out feeling like a horrible parent for not vaccinating the twins, but I was doing what I thought was the right thing as per advice from the ped. :(

I called the ped a little while ago and asked if there was anything I could do for my twins, but the nurse there told me that they have already been exposed to it since my oldest son has it, so I just have to let things run their course at this point. But I'm all worried. I mean, I know the risk of severe complications is rare, but now I'm freaked out. I know many, many people have gotten chicken pox way before the vaccinations came out in 1995 and got through it fine, but it's scarey when you hear about things like deaths. :(

15. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i asked my mom when i had them - she didn't really remember, she said around 2nd or 3rd grade. she says i had a mild case, so thats good.

i wouldn't even know if i had scars from scatching - only because i have so many scars from other things like sports and just horsing around as a kid...

16. hippychickmommy

I'm just hoping all my kids have a mild case too. Trying to think positive because I keep worrying and really, what is worrying going to solve? Absolutely nothing. It's hard not to worry when it comes to your kids though. You feel helpless sometimes!

I just made up a batch of ground oatmeal and baking soda powder to give my oldest a bath with. He says he wants me to put apples in his bath so that he smells like oatmeal with apples. Crazy kid!

17. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

could put some cinnamon in and he can smell like cinnamon apple :D

ahahaha

18. hippychickmommy

Hehehe, actually, I thought about that. [​IMG]

19. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Both my boys were vaccinated. They've had all their vaccinations. I feel more at peace that they've been.

I'll say a prayer for your little ones. Try not to work yourself up. You are a good mommy. You are doing what you think is right for your children. :)

20. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

They have to file it with the state? Holy crap isn't that a bit invasive? It's not AIDS, it's freaking chicken pox...

That was extremely shitty of her to tell you that....I absolutely HATE scare tactics...considering it is too late for you to vaccinate anyway....what a fucking bitch...:mad:

Sorry but that makes me so mad I have to say "fucking bitch" [​IMG]

Your kids will be fine....the kids who die have weak immune systems and other health problems...normal, healthy children only have to worry about itching..[​IMG]