Chicken Pox!!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippychickmommy, Jun 4, 2006.

1. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

Nowadays children are allowed to go to school with chickenpox as long as they're feeling up to it. I'm sure once the spots start to scab over he'll be good to go. Water brings out the spots more so maybe wait a bit before giving him another bath, just sponge him off.....and start putting calamine on so they dry up quicker!

I had them when I was 21 and it really sucked. I had them in my ears and down my throat and up my ... well you know. I layed naked on the carpert and scratched like that!

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I remember my chicken pox, it was around the third grade..... I had them so bad, I ran 105 degree temperature, with the bumps...... so, I had to stay in the hospital overnight on an ice bed........ the worst place to have the chicken pox is on the soles of your feet....... I had them there, and I could barely walk :(

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Hahaha... too much...

4. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Damn.... I also had them in 2nd or 3rd grade but I don't think my temperature even hit 100 and it was really mild. I don't remember it being bad really at all.

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

you had the pox in your box???

dr seuss couldnt write a better lyric....

6. warmhandedcanadian

lol and yeah I think that its worse than the soles of your feet ............

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well, I wouldnt know........ so Ill take your word for it ;)

8. warmhandedcanadian

have you had them inside your penis?

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

not that I recall........ that would sting like a mofo, if I had to take a piss

and I would also be a watersprinkler for 3 days

10. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

awww, poor kiddo

I remember when I was in grade 1, I got them... but the person I got htem off of had to have mittens over her hands all the time so she wouldn't scratch her poxes
    I had a pretty mild case, calamine lotion and a few days I was fine, aside from a scar on my forehead from one pox that I scratched too much

11. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Well HCM feel for ya, hope you and hubby have had em and you know the other kiddo will likely have em too. Hope for a speedy recovery for them.

12. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

mmmmm, oatmeal baths work wonders...atleast they did for me :D

13. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Oatmeal baths were the best! They're great for poison and stuff also.

14. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

I had them when I was 18, so sucked.

my youngest daughter had a vaccination for the chicken pox. My other two daughters werent that fortunate, they had them when they were 6 and 4. Poor little things had them everywhere.

15. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

hope your kiddo's get mild cases, hcm

my kiddo was exposed last year, and was sickish for a couple of days but didnt end up with any spots. we just had another exposure on thursday and so far so good. :)

16. warmhandedcanadian

as long as you get them where you can still apply the lotion its tolerable.

17. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Aww... I know it sucks, but if you're lucky the twins'll get it just when big bro is getting over it! I had the pox when I was only ten months old (my sister was in kindergarten at the time, and brought it home to my bro and me) and I don't remember it at all - I prefer it that way! My little brother, of course, didn't get in on that action, and he didn't get it till he was in 3rd or 4th grade when it was a much bigger deal.

Come to think of it, I remember my momma telling me that she had us all cuddle together as much as we could when my sis came down with it. I can see where the beauty would be in having something like that before you are totally mobile... it must be hell to have such a youngun so sick and uncomfortable without understanding why.

Still, if everyone gets it now, you know you won't have to worry about it again! Good luck, and love to the itchies for me!

18. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

My boys (4 & 7) had them a year ago....both were pretty covered in them. Yes, all over the peepee and sack as well...they could only wear a huge Tshirt of their Dad's and nothing else for a week.

One of my boys had them on his scalp so bad you couldn't even count them.

But it's all done now, and we don't need to worry about them getting them as adults. I didn't want to vaccinate.

19. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

My oldest son had a very mild case of them a few months ago. My youngest didn't get them. He had to stay out of school. The only way you could go to school is if the scabs are healed. Many people haven't had them and as an adult they could turn into shingles which is a very severe case.

I hope they start to heal quick!

20. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

My kids are cookie monsters too. Cookies have a way of disappearing rapidly around here. ;)